Men:Letting your spouse choose if a parent can live with you......

Mann i would lowkey love my mom to live with me. Brb she raises my kids while im out getting cheddar

Illlet my parents stay.

If the wife wants to do something about it, I'm taking her out back........

Last edited:
My mom is single, has no retirement saving, and she is her early 50s.

I know there will come a day when me or my sister will have too takecare of her.

If I find a potential wife, I'm letting it be known early, if the time comes, I'm taking in my mother.

And it is not something I will accept her changing her mind over in the future

My mother is in the same situation Rusty. Luckily she has a house she can possibly sell at a small profit.

My sister is thinking about moving to Texas and got mad that my mom was thinking about going with her :smh: I was embarrassed my sister said that.

Once you get married, your wife is supposed to trump your moms b. I know you love your mommy. As you should, but once you take a woman before God, shes first. So you have to consider her feelings. Maybe she doesn't want to share her home with your parents. Because who is going to end up caring for them? Your wife.

The key is to find and marry a woman with a caring heart that understands how things go and is compromising should that happen. But even then, don't take advantage. Don't have them stay long term. Don't have people dying in your wife's place of peace and love. Move them to a home as soon as possible.

I feel this same way. She's the priority. I'm not saying my mom will live with us forever, but if she needs to stay a few months, hell a year or two then yea. My mom can stay and my wife better be ok with it. I'd obviously help my mother out and find some sort of way to get her out on her own in a loving and helpful manner. Same goes for the in laws.

My mom is single, has no retirement saving, and she is her early 50s.

I know there will come a day when me or my sister will have too takecare of her.

If I find a potential wife, I'm letting it be known early, if the time comes, I'm taking in my mother.

And it is not something I will accept her changing her mind over in the future
Me to a tee, except for the sis.

Moms is all I got, we come packaged son.

might be a cultural things also. being asian, we take in our parents as they get older. they raised and cared for us while we werent capable of, why wouldnt i do the same? ill be damned if future wifey says otherwise, gonna have d jays "whoop that trick" blastin in the background while i deliver a diamond cutter

At the end of the day if I'm paying the rent and the bills, my wife doesn't have a say and I dictate who lives in the house I pay the rent and bills on.

That said, I would be cool with one of her parents moving in if circumstances caused it to happen.

You could buy a small mansion with a lake view and/or massive backyard to hunt and fish for 100k or less.

The sun goes down at 4:30 doe

Once you get married, your wife is supposed to trump your moms b. I know you love your mommy. As you should, but once you take a woman before God, shes first. So you have to consider her feelings. Maybe she doesn't want to share her home with your parents. Because who is going to end up caring for them? Your wife.

The key is to find and marry a woman with a caring heart that understands how things go and is compromising should that happen. But even then, don't take advantage. Don't have them stay long term. Don't have people dying in your wife's place of peace and love. Move them to a home as soon as possible.

How in the hell will she end up caring for them?

:lol:

And even if she does... That probably means she isn't working... Which means from 7:30 to 3:30 she's not doing much anyway

The sun is up from like 10am till 3:30 b I'm good you won't catch me in Alaska unless I'm visiting but it is nice. Could wear a hoddy in the summer too :lol:

Hell no, my mom would live with us. She raised me by herself and moved mountains to give me the very best lifestyle and offer opportunities to make the most out of myself that she could afford. If my future wife can't understand that well then, looks like we are getting a divorce.

But then again I do come from deep old school European roots in which parents living with their children when they are older and even children living with their parents until they get engaged/married is the norm.

A lot of yall saying you moving moms in, regardless of what your wife says/thinks...are lost in the game. Not for your feelings about your mother, but for the respect you have for your spouse. You just gonna run your crib like a dictatorship huh? What you say goes huh? Moms coming, end of story now go make me a sandwich.

If the wife isn't paying the bills for the house then her say on who stays in a house she isn't paying rent on is minimal

Also, if the circumstances caused for a parent to move in and she wasn't cool with it that should be an eye opener that shes not wife material.

If either of her parents fell on hard times, my door would be open for them and I wouldn't think twice, so I would expect the same humility and selflessness from a wife of mine.

the main assumption a lot of people are making in this thread is that their wife won't be the one paying the bills? why not? are you planning on marrying an IG thot who brings nothing to the table besides likes on social media?

let's assume the assumption that she is helping out with the bills and maybe even makes more than you, what are you going to say? personally, i don't think i can find myself to marry a woman who rather see my mom out on the streets then tolerate her and have her live with us.

Everything needs to be discussed. Theres a reason why they feel that way, if either spouses cant even welcome each other, let alone their in laws, then what marriage would it be?

i can understand if something happened, as seems to be the case.

If the wife isn't paying the bills for the house then her say on who stays in a house she isn't paying rent on is minimal

Also, if the circumstances caused for a parent to move in and she wasn't cool with it that should be an eye opener that shes not wife material.

If either of her parents fell on hard times, my door would be open for them and I wouldn't think twice, so I would expect the same humility and selflessness from a wife of mine.

You would marry someone who wouldnt pay bills

Not even a light or cable bill......

If shes a good mother then yes. I'm traditional though. 2 parents working means the children get neglected at times. Would rather have them at home with their mother then with a babysitter.

A lot of yall saying you moving moms in, regardless of what your wife says/thinks...are lost in the game. Not for your feelings about your mother, but for the respect you have for your spouse. You just gonna run your crib like a dictatorship huh? What you say goes huh? Moms coming, end of story now go make me a sandwich.
If shes not working then what is she there for? Someone to talk to some would call (companionship), the p, and someone to cook for when i get home thats what. So if im gonna provide and moms or pops need a place then she has no say. Im not asking her to wipe when she uses the bathroom. Im asking her to make a little extra food and to make a spot on the table. Now if shes working that its like a 50/50 or a close to that, than thats another story. If were going 50/50 then i would get moms or pops a little one bedroom and cut down on luxuries. Now it gets a little tricky if both need help because theyre seperated. And i would help them both if need be.
Now if they were disabled im sorry to say but i would have to put one of them in a home unless one of my sibilings takes them in. This is why you gotta get that papper

I agree that the woman you marry does have to come before your mom. Moms taught me that. If you wife is cold blooded enough to see your fam on the street you chose the wrong woman. 

My parents always have a bed in my crib even if I have to sleep on the floor. If my girl don't like it, tough break go visit your moms in Alaska b.

My parents always have a bed in my crib even if I have to sleep on the floor. If my girl don't like it, tough break go visit your moms in Alaska b.

Word

People still live in Alaska?
900x900px-LL-f6c4cab1_rabbitstone.gif

Fight me..........both of you. 

........ Yep and if the she dont like it she can get the **** out.

Word up

Last edited:
i'll move in the basement and tell the inlaws to help pay the mortgage upstairs. let the kids run free upstairs

Back
Top Bottom