"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't" Vol. Android vs. iOS

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I will NEVER understand why anyone cares about these things. XBox vs PS3, PC vs. Mac, iPhone vs. Android...

I mean really, WHO GIVES A %!%$? Enjoy what you have.

I agree. I have a Droid X but I also enjoy my Ipod Touch.  I have a 360, Wii and a PS3.  I have two laptops with Windows Vista and 7 but I also have an Ipad.  I can care less which is better because... {Warren G}I WANT IT ALL.{/Warren G}

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I will NEVER understand why anyone cares about these things. XBox vs PS3, PC vs. Mac, iPhone vs. Android...

I mean really, WHO GIVES A %!%$? Enjoy what you have.

I agree. I have a Droid X but I also enjoy my Ipod Touch.  I have a 360, Wii and a PS3.  I have two laptops with Windows Vista and 7 but I also have an Ipad.  I can care less which is better because... {Warren G}I WANT IT ALL.{/Warren G}

Boost you the PS3 homies and all, but if we're talking about IOS devices and not just phones the gap between Android and IOS would be far.

Since we're just talking phones It is believable that Android is smacking on IOS, but that has to due with a large amount of Android devices on the market. If they were to make a iphone nano, iphone mini, and etc it would be a more fair comparison.

Boost you the PS3 homies and all, but if we're talking about IOS devices and not just phones the gap between Android and IOS would be far.

Since we're just talking phones It is believable that Android is smacking on IOS, but that has to due with a large amount of Android devices on the market. If they were to make a iphone nano, iphone mini, and etc it would be a more fair comparison.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Hey look what I found...
[h1]NPD: iPhone 4 remains top-selling smartphone, Android sales down in Q1[/h1]

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/di...alesdowninq1/41256509/SIG=14p42vmuf/*<a href=/www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/an-open-relationship-a-good-move-for-nokia-and-microsoft/attachment/smartphone-os-wars-ios-android-wp7-bbos6-webos/">http://www.digitaltrends....android-wp7-bbos6-webos/">
smartphone-os-wars-ios-android-wp7-bbos6-webos-650x238.jpg

Apple’siPhone 4 remained the top selling smartphone for the first quarter of 2011,according to market research group NPD. Meanwhile, Android phones saw theirfirst quarterly drop in sales in two years.

TheiPhone 4 retained its lead as the single best-selling mobile phone in largepart to Verizon launching the device on its network in February. Overall, Appleaccounted for 14 percent of all smartphone sales, which placed theCupertino-based company in third place behind Samsung (23 percent) and LG (18percent). Apple beat out competitors HTC, Motorola and Research in Motion(RIM).

Totalsmartphone sales rose eight percent in the first quarter of 2011 from thefourth quarter of 2010, but total mobile phone sales fell by a singlepercent.  According to NPD, it was thefirst time that smartphones outsold traditional mobile phones.

Androiddidn’t do so well over the first three months of the year. Sales of smartphonesrunning the operating system fell to 50 percent, down from 53 percent in theprevious quarter. Smartphones running Apple’s iOS accounted for 28 percent ofsmartphone sales — a nine percent increase. RIM continued on a downward trajectory by falling to 14 percent, a fivepercent decline for the company.

WithApple creating a stir with today’s release of the white iPhone 4 and an iPhone5 lurking in the not so distant future, the company should have no problemkeeping its smartphone near the top of sales leader board. But that’s not tosay the iPhone won’t be facing some serious competition from Android, which isalso readying a highly-anticipated lineup of its own.
Yawn... See how easy that was?

Re-read the article I posted, it's based on a POLL that Nielsen did, not on actual sales. 
According to The Nielsen Company’s monthly surveys of U.S. mobile consumers from July-September 2010, consumers planning on getting a new smartphone had a very clear preference: A third (33%) wanted an Apple iPhone. Slightly more than a quarter (26%) said they desired a device with the Google Android operating system (OS). And 13 percent said they wanted a RIM Blackberry. But consumer preferences can be fickle. Those same surveys for January 2011 – March 2011 show just how much things have changed: According to the latest figures, 31 percent of consumers who plan to get a new smartphone indicated Android was now their preferred OS. Apple’s iOS has slipped slightly in popularity to 30 percent and RIM Blackberry is down to 11 percent. Almost 20 percent of consumers are unsure of what to choose next.

I already knew the iPhone sales were up over Android, I read that article BEFORE you posted it, Einstein. 

Everytime I make a thread you always crying, you was crying when I left the iPhone thread and bought my first Android last year, telling me "ull be back". Shut the @@!$ up, I still have my iPhone, I never left.

Hey look what I found...

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/di...alesdowninq1/41256509/SIG=14p42vmuf/*<a href=/www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/an-open-relationship-a-good-move-for-nokia-and-microsoft/attachment/smartphone-os-wars-ios-android-wp7-bbos6-webos/">http://www.digitaltrends....android-wp7-bbos6-webos/">

Apple’siPhone 4 remained the top selling smartphone for the first quarter of 2011,according to market research group NPD. Meanwhile, Android phones saw theirfirst quarterly drop in sales in two years.

TheiPhone 4 retained its lead as the single best-selling mobile phone in largepart to Verizon launching the device on its network in February. Overall, Appleaccounted for 14 percent of all smartphone sales, which placed theCupertino-based company in third place behind Samsung (23 percent) and LG (18percent). Apple beat out competitors HTC, Motorola and Research in Motion(RIM).

Totalsmartphone sales rose eight percent in the first quarter of 2011 from thefourth quarter of 2010, but total mobile phone sales fell by a singlepercent.  According to NPD, it was thefirst time that smartphones outsold traditional mobile phones.

Androiddidn’t do so well over the first three months of the year. Sales of smartphonesrunning the operating system fell to 50 percent, down from 53 percent in theprevious quarter. Smartphones running Apple’s iOS accounted for 28 percent ofsmartphone sales — a nine percent increase. RIM continued on a downward trajectory by falling to 14 percent, a fivepercent decline for the company.

WithApple creating a stir with today’s release of the white iPhone 4 and an iPhone5 lurking in the not so distant future, the company should have no problemkeeping its smartphone near the top of sales leader board. But that’s not tosay the iPhone won’t be facing some serious competition from Android, which isalso readying a highly-anticipated lineup of its own.

Re-read the article I posted, it's based on a POLL that Nielsen did, not on actual sales. 
According to The Nielsen Company’s monthly surveys of U.S. mobile consumers from July-September 2010, consumers planning on getting a new smartphone had a very clear preference: A third (33%) wanted an Apple iPhone. Slightly more than a quarter (26%) said they desired a device with the Google Android operating system (OS). And 13 percent said they wanted a RIM Blackberry. But consumer preferences can be fickle. Those same surveys for January 2011 – March 2011 show just how much things have changed: According to the latest figures, 31 percent of consumers who plan to get a new smartphone indicated Android was now their preferred OS. Apple’s iOS has slipped slightly in popularity to 30 percent and RIM Blackberry is down to 11 percent. Almost 20 percent of consumers are unsure of what to choose next.

I already knew the iPhone sales were up over Android, I read that article BEFORE you posted it, Einstein. 

Everytime I make a thread you always crying, you was crying when I left the iPhone thread and bought my first Android last year, telling me "ull be back". Shut the @@!$ up, I still have my iPhone, I never left.

At the end of the day, its a phone...it is not that serious. Some of y'all act like y'all own android/apple stock the way you defend it. They don't care about you. lol

At the end of the day, its a phone...it is not that serious. Some of y'all act like y'all own android/apple stock the way you defend it. They don't care about you. lol

My Android phone has been pissing me off lately.
My girlfriend's iPhone has been pissing her off lately.
I think I'm just gonna get a phone that has Snake.

My Android phone has been pissing me off lately.
My girlfriend's iPhone has been pissing her off lately.
I think I'm just gonna get a phone that has Snake.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I already knew the iPhone sales were up over Android, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I read that article BEFORE you posted it, Einstein.[/color] 

[h2]
[/h2]
... is actually based on public [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]opinion[/color], and not fact? Oh okay.

And you read my article BEFORE you posted yours huh... and you thought to yourself

"I'm gonna disregard that and post this article instead because it's Pro-android"

Why did you post this again? To troll? Okay, makes sense I guess.

I don't even hate on android... I think it's a great OS and competition is great for all ios and android subscribers.

It's lames like you that breath life into the mobile OS wars and it gets real tired, real quick.

I already knew the iPhone sales were up over Android, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I read that article BEFORE you posted it, Einstein.[/color] 

[h2]
[/h2]
... is actually based on public [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]opinion[/color], and not fact? Oh okay.

And you read my article BEFORE you posted yours huh... and you thought to yourself

"I'm gonna disregard that and post this article instead because it's Pro-android"

Why did you post this again? To troll? Okay, makes sense I guess.

I don't even hate on android... I think it's a great OS and competition is great for all ios and android subscribers.

It's lames like you that breath life into the mobile OS wars and it gets real tired, real quick.

Hey look what I found...

So why is this the 2nd thread you are trying to start a war with? You did it with the Verizon iPhone thread and you failed and you are doing it again.

Hey look what I found...

So why is this the 2nd thread you are trying to start a war with? You did it with the Verizon iPhone thread and you failed and you are doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom