Men taking their wife's last name? Vol. What part of the game is that?

I'd never do this, but the older I get the less things like last name matter considering the history of them and the way different cultures address them, like that Sweden one is a good example. I'd say though if you're gonna change it, atleast consult with the man who gave you his if you actually have a real close relationship.

Men are going extinct

Back in my day, dudes wanted to grow up to be Macho Man but dudes are ok turning into Elizabeth's these days. Actually, this whole feminism/gender neutral crap they're shoving into our faces everyday is getting me so annoyed, I think I'mbecoming a sexist:lol:

Al Bundy was right all along.

x720--j1.jpg

Not even a discussion ... My child will have my last name, whatever you want to do is what you want to do ... But I'll be damned if logistically I have to explain that my kids are my kids every damn time I meet someone ...

They need to get rid of the race construct (and the systematic oppression that comes with it) before they get rid of gender.

Man has historically been the head of his family. His family, his name. Her last name comes from her father (mostly). Don't take another mans last name. You gonna call her father Dad too? Nah...

Back in my day, dudes wanted to grow up to be Macho Man but dudes are ok turning into Elizabeth's these days. Actually, this whole feminism/gender neutral crap they're shoving into our faces everyday is getting me so annoyed, I think I'mbecoming a sexist:lol:

Al Bundy was right all along.

x720--j1.jpg

I’m legit getting my boy to make this shirt for me. I’m getting the Polk High Jersey too :lol:

I’m legit getting my boy to make this shirt for me. I’m getting the Polk High Jersey too :lol:

Yea I might press up a couple no ma'am shirts

Yea those shirts exist. 80s Tees used to carry them, Amazon might do it as well.

I can see Root Articles writing about how a No Ma'Am shirt is the Mascunility version of a MAGA hat. So be prepared. :lol:

^Yea I see them online on Walmart for 13.
Halloween you can avoid any drama, beyong that, you right. Flame suit mite need need to be on

If someone wants to do it. Go for it.

I haven’t been in NT for a while and I don’t know if I ever posted this on here but.

My old manager took his wife’s last name (Insert common Spanish last name).

I smh at him for doing that.

Then he explained to me why he did it.

When he was in college he got one of those emails from an online scammer. Send me money and you will be a millionaire. His dumas thought he was going to get rich. So he sent the money and never got paid. Lol.

Well one day he had to buy a plane ticket to fly well he ended up on a “do not fly” list. His last name is (insert common notorious middle eastern last name).

When he got married he took his wife’s last name and he says he hasn’t had any trouble getting on a plane.

The whole time I thought he was Hispanic, turned out he was middle eastern.

Real talk...never thought about taking wifes name but definitely thought about giving our child the mothers maiden name and wouldn't have been mad if wife kept maiden name. Reason...I'm like 3 people removed from my blood name. Grandfather + grandmother = mother

Grandmother - grandfather = new grandfather/name (mother takes married name/legally adopted) was a stand up dude at the time
He dies

Grandma remarries to the only grandfather I knew growing up obviously no blood relation

Regarding pushing fathers name, he was being lame never honored it...used moms maiden name growing up...until I got married and realized I had his BMC (before Muslim conversion) name. Legally took my mother's maiden out of respect.

End of the day idk what to think about the importance of my last name.....but as a man I'm still not taking wifes name no way

Historically speaking, women were considered the property of their husband after getting married. They no longer "belonged" to their mother and father, hence the name change.

I do not plan on getting married, therefore no name changing for me.

In this feministic era we're in, I'm surprised this topic hasn't been addressed. That's definitely the origins of the tradition.

I would never take my girls last name, but also wouldn't mind if she kept hers after getting married.

Hell I don't even want my last name. My "father" was not in my life. My mom is and always will be my "parents." I'd rather have my mom's maiden name (she got remarried when I was already older) than my current last name.

Back
Top Bottom