Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

I beat it but it didnt leave the impression if other games in the series

It was good, by that statement i meant do people really consider it as good as those other games? Cause a majority of those were great

Hideo's last ever trailer for a Metal Gear game. I'm sad the day has come. :frown:

Last edited:
My body is ready, I've been a fan of MGS since Sons of Liberty. I can't wait to play this on next gen.

Breh.  

This is easily the GOAT franchise, IMO.

September 1st?  Looks like it's time to finally cop a PS4.  

My body is ready but my mind isn't prepared to be blown like I know it'll be.  

Anybody got links to where they discuss some possible spoilers, kinda have an idea on who the boy is and i wanna speculate, that horn is messing me up tho

I've always thought that the one thing the series glosses over was the uber confusing making of the twins. Looks like this game fixes that.

I only hope you actually play this game and not watch it like mgs4 :x

I just noticed that the tape Snake plays in the trailer says "from the man who sold the world". Gotta love all the David Bowie references. :pimp:
But seriously though, I wonder who that tape is from, cuz it sounds like Miller to me. :nerd:

I've always thought that the one thing the series glosses over was the uber confusing making of the twins. Looks like this game fixes that.

I only hope you actually play this game and not watch it like mgs4 :x

They let journalists play through the game for 2 days and they said the cutscenes have really been cut down

MGS4 was my favorite when it came to gameplay, but damn that story was doing too damn much. So much unnecessary @$#@ ,I really don't give a damn about that little girl's omelette making capabilities :lol: When I cut through most of the BS and only watched the important scenes the second time, my completion hours went down by more than half

For storylines, MGS1>MGS3>MGS4>MGS2. 4 and 2 were ridiculous with the ODing on nanomachines but I appreciate the effort that went into them and still play them once in a while since the overall product is entertaining.

Last edited:
There was another trailer today actually. Shorter and mostly the same stuff.

The story in MGS2 was a god damn force you right bro

Did you mean farce? IMO MGS2 had a decent story until the Patriots @#$@ started. HATED those long @#$ codec conversations with the AI in the final part of the game

MGS4 was cool too, until the last 25% of the game where Raiden started taking out all those machines by himself, corny love stories started taking place, and all the plot holes/inconsistencies being were explained with nanomachines

Last edited:
The story in MGS2 was a god damn force you right bro

Did you mean farce? IMO MGS2 had a decent story until the Patriots @#$@ started. HATED those long @#$ codec conversations with the AI in the final part of the game

Exactly what i'm talking about, I enjoy most of the backstory of most characters and stuff, how it's like insane but how you can see what made them them

But when it came down to the patriots and nano machines i was like damn they really forced this **** bro, it left me lost at first like inception

Exactly what i'm talking about, I enjoy most of the backstory of most characters and stuff, how it's like insane but how you can see what made them them

But when it came down to the patriots and nano machines i was like damn they really forced this **** bro, it left me lost at first like inception

To this day, I'm still not sure who I'm fighting at the end of MGS4 because of the nanomachines.

MGS2 showed us that Ocelot took Liquid's hand, and this caused Liquid to take over his mind at times, complete with the English accent and all. In MGS4, we're told that Liquid has completely taken over, but then we're told that Ocelot used nanomachines to become Liquid?

But then when you start beating him up, he goes from Liquid to his different Ocelot stages from MGS1 & 3? And we learn that he was just pretending to be Liquid to fool the Patriots?

So who did I really defeat at the end? Why did he want to fight me in the first place, if he was really Ocelot trying to take down the Patriots (which is Snake's goal, making them allies) ? Man I'm good at comprehending complex stories, but just thinking about MGS 2 and 4 makes my brain hurt :lol:

Last edited:
I remember replaying MGS 2 like last year and being blown away by how ahead of it's time it was in regards to some of the themes in the game.

Bro that puzzles me too, idk what to make of it, the nano machine story is like a massive troll

Reading all that just hurts my brain, I Understand what it is about, but trying to get to the root of all this is really what makes it so complex

Back
Top Bottom