Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

I remember replaying MGS 2 like last year and being blown away by how ahead of it's time it was in regards to some of the themes in the game.

Hell yea. I loved that game

Had to talk my grandma into copping because she was like "I don't like guns on the cover" :lol: r.i.p. to her [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Still messed up by that horn in dudes head like I can already tell theirs gonna be ankther crazy story to go with that

Yep gonna be nonexistent to the real world for the 1st few days after release

This schite is bout to be ridiculous

Love this series storyline

As for bosses in the game, I always love the stories of dead cell and fox hound

Vamp especially, idk i liked the stories of the cobra unit too, only the BB corps let me down

As for bosses in the game, I always love the stories of dead cell and fox hound

Vamp especially, idk i liked the stories of the cobra unit too, only the BB corps let me down

I didnt like Vamp

I liked fighting Laughing Octopus and the music that went with it

Absolutely cannot wait to see what Psycho Mantis has for us in this new masterpiece

I'm not even gonna front....a lot of the time playing any MGS game I was lost with what was going on with the story. I had a general understanding, but all the little details were fuzzy as hell to me. They pack so much info into each game that you gotta REALLY be paying attention. Hell, I'm still confused about the timeline of all the games.

Last edited:
Im fuzzy on the timeline too

But i had to guess from what i know it is

MGS 3 -> Peacewalker -> MGS 5 -> MGS 1-> MGS 2 -> MGS 4

Correct me if im wrong

I'm not even gonna front....a lot of the time playing any MGS game I was lost with what was going on with the story. I had a general understanding, but all the little details were fuzzy as hell to me. They pack so much info into each game that you gotta REALLY be paying attention. Hell, I'm still confused about the timeline of all the games.

Correct me if im wrong

No I think your'e right

Snake Eater was the beginning of the story and so on...

I started playing MGS in HS as a sophomore

Fell in love

Had no idea that that was not the beginning of it all

I was flabbergasted to find out that the story dated all the way back to Nintendo in 87

I was only 4

Last edited:

Correct me if im wrong
That's more or less right. you're missing the OG games and a few others

So it'll look something like this
1964 – Snake Eater
1970 – Portable Ops
1974 – Peace Walker
1975 – Ground Zeroes
1984 – The Phantom Pain
1995 – Metal Gear
1999 – Solid Snake
2005 – Metal Gear Solid
2007/09 – Sons of Liberty
2014 – Guns of the Patriots
2016/18 – Rising: Revengeance

To this day, I'm still not sure who I'm fighting at the end of MGS4 because of the nanomachines.

MGS2 showed us that Ocelot took Liquid's hand, and this caused Liquid to take over his mind at times, complete with the English accent and all. In MGS4, we're told that Liquid has completely taken over, but then we're told that Ocelot used nanomachines to become Liquid?

But then when you start beating him up, he goes from Liquid to his different Ocelot stages from MGS1 & 3? And we learn that he was just pretending to be Liquid to fool the Patriots?

So who did I really defeat at the end? Why did he want to fight me in the first place, if he was really Ocelot trying to take down the Patriots (which is Snake's goal, making them allies) ? Man I'm good at comprehending complex stories, but just thinking about MGS 2 and 4 makes my brain hurt :lol:

You fight ocelot

I was puzzled myself cause in mgs2 ocelot had liquids voice. That was because he actually had liquids arm since his was cut in mgs1

After the events of mgs2 he actually removed the arm. Since it was throwing his pysche off balance. That's why he had a blue cybernetic one. He used hypnotherapy to actually become liquid (personality wise)

Because the Patriots would know if he was himself or not.

When you Whoop his *** the nanomachines and hypnotherapy starts wearing off. Then at the end before he dies he actually becomes himself again

Last edited:
mgs2
You fight ocelot

I was puzzled myself cause in mgs2 ocelot had liquids voice. That was because he actually had liquids arm since his was cut in mgs1

After the events of mgs2 he actually removed the arm. Since it was throwing his pysche off balance. That's why he had a blue cybernetic one. He used hypnotherapy to actually become liquid (personality wise)

Because the Patriots would know if he was himself or not.

When you Whoop his *** the nanomachines and hypnotherapy starts wearing off. Then at the end before he dies he actually becomes himself again
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah.... thats why mgs 2 and 4 story lines suck

mgs2

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah.... thats why mgs 2 and 4 story lines suck

i know its a lot. but man i cant wait to cop phantom pain.

game of the year easy

kojima has said that (insert mgs game here) was his final mgs game but then he would go on to make another one. i mean maybe in another 6 or 7 years he can do 1 more

game of the year easy

kojima has said that (insert mgs game here) was his final mgs game but then he would go on to make another one. i mean maybe in another 6 or 7 years he can do 1 more
Not with the way his relationship ended with Konami. Pretty sure they're done for good. :lol: :smh:

game of the year easy

I agree. I just hope the cut scenes don't go on for hours. I want to play the game, not watch it. Mgs4 gameplay was completely wasted. You walk into a room, kill some guys, watch a 20min video, play for 5, watch a 30 min video, listen to 30mins of codec.... :x

Has anyone already speculated that maybe the way Volgin and the other dead soldiers are coming to life is the early experimentation of gene therapy that they used to keep Grey Fox alive after metal gear 2 and turned him into the ninja?

Correct me if im wrong
That's more or less right. you're missing the OG games and a few others

So it'll look something like this
1964 – Snake Eater
1970 – Portable Ops
1974 – Peace Walker
1975 – Ground Zeroes
1984 – The Phantom Pain
1995 – Metal Gear
1999 – Solid Snake

2005 – Metal Gear Solid
2007/09 – Sons of Liberty
2014 – Guns of the Patriots
2016/18 – Rising: Revengeance

Has anyone played Metal Gear and Solid Snake? Is it worth playing?

Also, I didn't know Rising was part of the story? I thought it was a stand alone slasher? Am I missing something?

Not with the way his relationship ended with Konami. Pretty sure they're done for good. :lol: :smh:

Yeah you're right. Unless he finds another publisher but idk the legal stuff with all that

Has anyone played Metal Gear and Solid Snake? Is it worth playing?

Also, I didn't know Rising was part of the story? I thought it was a stand alone slasher? Am I missing something?

I have it. It's on the mgs 3 disc. Both of them. I haven't gotten into it because the game play is a lot different than what I'm used to. I'll still play it sometime before mgs 5 comes out

And you arent missing much with metal gear rising. It doesn't have anything to do with snake or big boss or anyone else except raiden being a cyborg

In retrospect a lot of MGS2 and 4's stories were such a convoluted mess :lol:

I hope this one isn't like that, though these trailers have been hinting at some stuff that might end up being convoluted...

But they said cassette tapes have replaced codec calls. So a lot of the boring/complicated dialogue of the old games are basically optional and hidden.

Yeah they're done

And that means no Silent Hill either :smh:

PT was a masterpiece of a demo

I really wish Hideo would do a series remake from the beginning on the entire story

From 1964 til MGS V

Last edited:
man watching that demo made me want to just robocop the ps4 :lol:

Last edited:
I have never wanted to play a game this badly before.

Seen every trailer dozens of times. This is pretty much the MG game I've always dreamed of.

Normally I'd prepare for a new entry in the series but I sold my PS3 when i got my PS4, so all I have is GZ now :frown:

Anywho, 2 more months 8)

Haven't purchased any games until Batman:AK but this is definitely on my radar. Might read a wiki on the storyline to get an idea of it though. First MGS game I played was Sons of Liberty and just recently played Ground Zero. But this, Uncharted 4, Splinter Cell, cant wait

Back
Top Bottom