Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

I couldn't do that bear side ops. Dude is a tank! Ill try again tonight tho.
My boy said to tranq then smoke the cigar but anytime I advance time it like reset for me.

Any tips?

I just started today...I'm a little disappointed that this is a "destroy x, collect y, recover z" on separate missions type of game so far as opposed to a flowing storyline in the previous MGS games. I'm not a fan of side missions at all (hopefully I'll end up being wrong in a few hours)

I don't own the game but from watching different streams this is pretty much how I feel. Feels repetitive but what makes it cool is that you have different ways to approach your objective. It is still early to judge so I'm sure it gets better with time and experience.

Im in it for the story still having fun with gameplay, still im pretty deep and theres still so many questions, thank god theres no nanomachines tho

Edit:

Sheesh theres multiple chapters to the story

Last edited:
I don't own the game but from watching different streams this is pretty much how I feel. Feels repetitive but what makes it cool is that you have different ways to approach your objective. It is still early to judge so I'm sure it gets better with time and experience.

I don't mind doing the actual objectives, but what I'm missing is the connectivity with the story (not sure if that's the right word to use here).

For example, in the previous MGS games, when you were asked to find an item/person, you would progress the story WHILE you were looking for the item/person. You'd run into different characters on your way to your objective, there would be some cutscenes, you'd end up in a boss fight, you'd get a codec call about something major going on, etc.

In this one it feels more like
1)find the item/person
2)return to your helicopter and listen to a cassette to learn more about the story AFTER your mission
3)repeat :\

It breaks the immersion for me when I have to keep going back to the helicopter to learn about/progress the story.

It's not a bad game or anything, but it's not what I expected from MGS. I spent around 4 hours playing yesterday, and in the previous MGS games, A LOT happens in 4 hours.

Last edited:
I listen to the cassette tapes while in Mission or side ops. So much information that they couldve used as required codec, sit down and just watch them talk. I like how you can move and listen.

roll.gif

I couldn't do that bear side ops. Dude is a tank! Ill try again tonight tho.
My boy said to tranq then smoke the cigar but anytime I advance time it like reset for me.

Any tips?
Did that with eas 

Have you guys try not showering? :lol:

Yo, :lol:

Ocelot threw a bucket of water on me because I stunk like **** and had flies buzzing around my head.

I already have 90 hours on this game and the online isn't even working yet, :x

After chapter 1 aka mission 31 missons repeat just on higher difficulty smfh but they cut out the Real ending im hearing

After chapter 1 aka mission 31 missons repeat just on higher difficulty smfh

Seriously? :x

They are new missions but let's say that you get 5 missions 3 will be missions you done before just with a twist

Theres Extreme as in extreme difficulty, you just get seen easier and die easier

Substinenc, meaning you go in with no weapons and you get them all on the mission as it goes out

And Stealh, just meaning as soon as you are found you instantly fail the mission

Back
Top Bottom