Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

Away from my ps4 all weekend.

I just want to play. :smh:

Last edited:
The controls are tight. The best addition for me is hitting square to run. Some missions calls for extracting a body and getting to a LZ ASAP. I can sprint, whistle for D-Horse and get the hell out of there in no time.

Battle-wise I'm using mostly CQC (Along with tossing magazines to lure soldiers) in close quarters and avoiding killing where possible. I could really use a mosin nagant tranq gun though. My weakness is I don't have a good, silent rifle to pick off soldiers.

Last edited:
DescriptiveOrganicKoi.gif

Just started playing tonight.

Breh.  That long *** intro was epic as hell. 
eek.gif
  Joint had me tense!

Yo how do I get my GZ people into PP and I used the code for my DLC and couldn't find a download.

Every other Metal Gear game has kept me wanting to play to advance the story and find out whats gonna happen... with this one I realize I'm making myself play in hopes of something happening. It just doesn't feel like the old MGS games :\ too much BS they packed into this game, reminds me of when the Tony Hawk series started letting you get off the skateboard to do all these stupid side objectives, never played another one after that.

This game is awesome. By far the best game play of any MGS game.

But it doesn't feel like MGS.. Like 15 hours in and there's been very little plot advancement :smh:.

Kojima did let the non mgs fans get to him :smh:

Every other Metal Gear game has kept me wanting to play to advance the story and find out whats gonna happen... with this one I realize I'm making myself play in hopes of something happening. It just doesn't feel like the old MGS games :\ too much BS they packed into this game, reminds me of when the Tony Hawk series started letting you get off the skateboard to do all these stupid side objectives, never played another one after that.

Kinda feel you on this; Kojima said they made this because he saw GTAV and just felt super envious...but he should have known that people don't expect an open world experience from MGS, we play in order to advance the plot of the game and see what happens next.

The Mother Base system, buddies, and upgrades are all heavily appreciated, but I wish they had taken a more plot driven route. Especially since this takes place 10 years chronologically before the original Metal Gear and I damn sure know I was excited for this because I wanted to see how Big Boss established Outer Heaven and became the "villain" of the first two Metal Gears. Secondly, Miller and Ocelot are both on the same side here, but Ocelot let Liquid kill Miller in MGS. If any game had to be plot-heavy, it needed to be this one because it's such a crucial point in the timeline.

Kojima even acknowledged that the first 2 Metal Gears need to be re-addressed because of how complicated the plot has gotten.

To be fair, I haven't beaten the game yet so who knows what happens next

yeah this really needed to be the cutscene heavy MGS to tie everything together since it's his last one. This game feels too much like Red Dead Redemption than Metal Gear... I'm out here picking dandelions and capturing sheep 
mean.gif
 It's not a bad game but it's definitely not what I was expecting/wanted.

I agree with everyrhing you guys are saying I was thinking the same. Is there a way to go faster with the horse ?

yeah this really needed to be the cutscene heavy MGS to tie everything together since it's his last one. This game feels too much like Red Dead Redemption than Metal Gear... I'm out here picking dandelions and capturing sheep :smh:  It's not a bad game but it's definitely not what I was expecting/wanted.
Soooooooo I guess I was right with what I was saying about the game being hyped

RDR is a classic and arguably Rockstar's best title. I don't know if that was supposed to be an insult. There's a reason he's collecting animals as well or are you not paying attention?

The game is definitely not overhyped :lol: just not as plot driven as I would have liked. The cassettes are cool, but I want cutscenes. I'm probably the only one who didn't mind the cutscenes in MGS4 because Kojima needed to write his way out of that mess of a plot

RDR is a classic and arguably Rockstar's best title. I don't know if that was supposed to be an insult. There's a reason he's collecting animals as well or are you not paying attention?
RDR was a good game but when I play MGS I don't play it to be at one with nature while I ride my horse through through the mountains.

I also said the game was filler with all the side stuff
But folks wanted to say I was trippin
Never saw your mention of this but I definitely agree, this game is more filler than anything. All this motherbase and development stuff is so unnecessary and cumbersome, I would have just preferred the great story telling that I'm used to as opposed to the open world and cassettes.

The game is definitely not overhyped :lol: just not as plot driven as I would have liked. The cassettes are cool, but I want cutscenes. I'm probably the only one who didn't mind the cutscenes in MGS4 because Kojima needed to write his way out of that mess of a plot
I think it is overhyped, hopefully something changes my mind but its already really repetitive to me. I've said it before but my main gripe is the lack of variety in terrain. Everything is eitherdesert, village, ruins or a plant so far.

Loved RDR, it is definitely a classic in my book. MGS plot has always been too much work for me to follow :frown:

RDR was a good game but when I play MGS I don't play it to be at one with nature while I ride my horse through through the mountains.

I also said the game was filler with all the side stuff
But folks wanted to say I was trippin
Never saw your mention of this but I definitely agree, this game is more filler than anything. All this motherbase and development stuff is so unnecessary and cumbersome, I would have just preferred the great story telling that I'm used to as opposed to the open world and cassettes.

I think it is overhyped, hopefully something changes my mind but its already really repetitive to me. I've said it before but my main gripe is the lack of variety in terrain. Everything is eitherdesert, village, ruins or a plant so far.

Repped
FINALLY someone who sees the light
Bruh
The ending basically confirms the game as filler :smh:

You guys don't know what the work filler means.

Side quests in batman or far cry are filler. Mgs isn't filler missions

Dude talking about the ending hasn't even played the game yet. Keep watching gameplay vids homie. Or go play wii u

Back
Top Bottom