Miami Heats Salary..break it down for me

Originally Posted by Durden7

Rileys a mastermind and genius for giving away players for pennies in return? 
laugh.gif

You guys are funny. 
roll.gif

What the hell are you taking about?  
laugh.gif

No, Riley is a genius because he persuaded the top 3 most coveted unrestricted free agents, in the most unprecedented free agent class in NBA history to come to Miami.

And got them to come, for significantly less money at that.

He had an inside track of course with Dwyane Wade being the ace in the hole -- But he still had to go out there and sell the Miami Heat organization(from top to bottom), and the dream of the "Power of Three".  And both Lebron, and Chris Bosh ate it up.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

laugh.gif

You guys are funny. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif

No, Riley is a genius because he persuaded the top 3 most coveted unrestricted free agents, in the most unprecedented free agent class in NBA history to come to Miami.

He had an inside track of course with Dwyane Wade being the ace in the hole -- But he still had to go out there and sell the Miami Heat organization(from top to bottom), and the dream of the "Power of Three".  And both Lebron, and Chris Bosh ate it up.
Oh yeah youre prolly right.  Hes a genius because he convinced 3 talented friends to play together.  He convinced 3 guys who reportedly talked about playing together years ago to join forces.

GENIUS!! 
smh.gif

Edit:  Significantly less money is roughly $6 million by the way. 

laugh.gif

You guys are funny. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah youre prolly right.  Hes a genius because he convinced 3 talented friends to play together.  He convinced 3 guys who reportedly talked about playing together years ago to join forces.

GENIUS!! 
smh.gif

GENIUS!! 
smh.gif

.....And they could've very well chose to go somewhere else. Could they not? Be it Chicago or New York.. But where did they end up?

So Riley was just 'lucky'? Is that what you're trying to imply? Because if that's the case, there's no point of even engaging in a rational discussion with you on the subject.

laugh.gif
WRONG. Who lied to you?

A maximum contract is approximately 6 years, $125 Million.

Lebron, and Bosh signed for 6 years , 110. That's $15 millon guranteed a piece, left on the table.

Dwyane Wade signed for around $107 million. He left approx. $17 millon on the table.

GENIUS!! 
smh.gif

.....And they could've very well chose to go somewhere else. Could they not? Be it Chicago or New York.. But where did they end up?

So Riley was just 'lucky'? Is that what you're trying to imply? Because if that's the case, there's no point of even engaging in a rational discussion with you on the subject.

laugh.gif
WRONG. Who lied to you?

Lebron, and Bosh signed for 6 years , 110. That's $15 millon guranteed a piece, left on the table.

Dwyane Wade signed for around $107 million. He left approx. $17 millon on the table.

GENIUS!! 
smh.gif

laugh.gif
WRONG. Who lied to you?

What other city could afford 3 max players?  None.

Did I say Riley was lucky?  I didnt.  Im not implying that at all.  Im saying that calling Riley a genius is idiotic because he got 3 talented friends to come to a city with no state tax, beautiful weather, and the financial ability to play together.  He traded everything he could for a fraction of the price they were worth.  Trading Beasley for 2 2nd round picks?  Yeahhh, it takes a genius to pull off that trade.

When you factor in the state tax, it comes to around 6 million.

GENIUS!! 
smh.gif

laugh.gif
WRONG. Who lied to you?

What other city could afford 3 max players?  None.

Did I say Riley was lucky?  I didnt.  Im not implying that at all.  Im saying that calling Riley a genius is idiotic because he got 3 talented friends to come to a city with no state tax, beautiful weather, and the financial ability to play together.  He traded everything he could for a fraction of the price they were worth.  Trading Beasley for 2 2nd round picks?  Yeahhh, it takes a genius to pull off that trade.

When you factor in the state tax, it comes to around 6 million.

Just because the cap is a certain dollar amount doesnt mean you cant go over it, you just have to pay the $1 for every dollar you are over. Technically the Lakers could have offered lebron and bosh the same deals but obviously it wouldnt have been smart

Just because the cap is a certain dollar amount doesnt mean you cant go over it, you just have to pay the $1 for every dollar you are over. Technically the Lakers could have offered lebron and bosh the same deals but obviously it wouldnt have been smart

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

I don't think that's right. I think you can only go over the cap if you use a cap exception. Even when the Knicks were paying 40-50 mil in luxury tax, they were using cap exceptions to get that high of a payroll.

Cap Experts can chime in.

I don't think that's right. I think you can only go over the cap if you use a cap exception. Even when the Knicks were paying 40-50 mil in luxury tax, they were using cap exceptions to get that high of a payroll.

LIVE BOY D , the quote in your sig was from NY post reporter Berman that I OWNED/SONED on twitter for twitting that stopped @*%$. Even another reporter from NY Daily news DM saying that dude was just bitter the NYK didn't get LeBron lmao

Just FWI, 13k was all the tickets that were released to the public & were all gone in like 20 mins

Dude, there were thousands of ppl outside of the arena that couldn't get in watching on the big screen, parting & dancing.

LIVE BOY D , the quote in your sig was from NY post reporter Berman that I OWNED/SONED on twitter for twitting that stopped @*%$. Even another reporter from NY Daily news DM saying that dude was just bitter the NYK didn't get LeBron lmao

Just FWI, 13k was all the tickets that were released to the public & were all gone in like 20 mins

Dude, there were thousands of ppl outside of the arena that couldn't get in watching on the big screen, parting & dancing.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

No, let's say, you offer Bron & Bosh 15 mil each, you have to be 30 mil under the salary cap to do so since you dont own their bird rights

There's a salary cap & a luxury tax cap. Both are soft caps meaning you can go over them.

You can go over the salary cap but you're not penalized. The luxury tax cap is at about 8-10 mil over the salary cap. Once you pass the luxury tax cap, that's when you start getting charged $1 for every dollar use.

For example, if you're 1mil over the luxury tax cap, you have to pay an additional 1 mil to the league I believe

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

No, let's say, you offer Bron & Bosh 15 mil each, you have to be 30 mil under the salary cap to do so since you dont own their bird rights

There's a salary cap & a luxury tax cap. Both are soft caps meaning you can go over them.

You can go over the salary cap but you're not penalized. The luxury tax cap is at about 8-10 mil over the salary cap. Once you pass the luxury tax cap, that's when you start getting charged $1 for every dollar use.

For example, if you're 1mil over the luxury tax cap, you have to pay an additional 1 mil to the league I believe

Thats how the luxury tax works, however i have a question.

ive read somewhere that the league changed it to $2 for every dollar over the cap. true or false?

ive read somewhere that the league changed it to $2 for every dollar over the cap. true or false?

ifo2gy.jpg

Miller's got 5/30 Haslem's got 5/20

2010-11 cap is 58 ... did this need it's own thread? was that so hard?

Spoiler [+]
no

ifo2gy.jpg

Spoiler [+]
no

Originally Posted by BangDak

false. it cant change unless it's in the new CBA

Originally Posted by BangDak

false. it cant change unless it's in the new CBA

Originally Posted by MrONegative

ifo2gy.jpg

Spoiler [+]
no
agreed but did you need to add a spoiler? (check my spoiler for answer)
Spoiler [+]
YES
laugh.gif

BTW, kenny is not on the roster

Originally Posted by MrONegative

ifo2gy.jpg

Spoiler [+]
no
agreed but did you need to add a spoiler? (check my spoiler for answer)
Spoiler [+]
YES
laugh.gif

BTW, kenny is not on the roster

Back
Top Bottom