Miami Heats Salary..break it down for me

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

*just ignored all 3 heat fans*

x1imfc.jpg

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Just because the cap is a certain dollar amount doesnt mean you cant go over it, you just have to pay the $1 for every dollar you are over. Technically the Lakers could have offered lebron and bosh the same deals but obviously it wouldnt have been smart

I don't think that's right. I think you can only go over the cap if you use a cap exception. Even when the Knicks were paying 40-50 mil in luxury tax, they were using cap exceptions to get that high of a payroll.

Cap Experts can chime in.

No, let's say, you offer Bron & Bosh 15 mil each, you have to be 30 mil under the salary cap to do so since you dont own their bird rights

There's a salary cap & a luxury tax cap. Both are soft caps meaning you can go over them.

You can go over the salary cap but you're not penalized. The luxury tax cap is at about 8-10 mil over the salary cap. Once you pass the luxury tax cap, that's when you start getting charged $1 for every dollar use.

For example, if you're 1mil over the luxury tax cap, you have to pay an additional 1 mil to the league I believe

Taken from Larry Cooon's website

[h4]19. What are salary cap exceptions?[/h4]
The basic rule of the salary cap is that a team's team salary may not be above the cap at any time unless the team is using an exception. In a system with a soft cap, an exception is the mechanism that allows a team to function while above the cap.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Just because the cap is a certain dollar amount doesnt mean you cant go over it, you just have to pay the $1 for every dollar you are over. Technically the Lakers could have offered lebron and bosh the same deals but obviously it wouldnt have been smart

I don't think that's right. I think you can only go over the cap if you use a cap exception. Even when the Knicks were paying 40-50 mil in luxury tax, they were using cap exceptions to get that high of a payroll.

Cap Experts can chime in.

No, let's say, you offer Bron & Bosh 15 mil each, you have to be 30 mil under the salary cap to do so since you dont own their bird rights

There's a salary cap & a luxury tax cap. Both are soft caps meaning you can go over them.

You can go over the salary cap but you're not penalized. The luxury tax cap is at about 8-10 mil over the salary cap. Once you pass the luxury tax cap, that's when you start getting charged $1 for every dollar use.

For example, if you're 1mil over the luxury tax cap, you have to pay an additional 1 mil to the league I believe

Taken from Larry Cooon's website

[h4]19. What are salary cap exceptions?[/h4]
The basic rule of the salary cap is that a team's team salary may not be above the cap at any time unless the team is using an exception. In a system with a soft cap, an exception is the mechanism that allows a team to function while above the cap.

Back
Top Bottom