Michigan Senate passes bill on drug test for welfare receivers

So you can be a raging alcoholic, chain smoker and not abuse the system? Or is it only people who get busted for the 'illegal' drugs that are abusing the system.

How exactly are you equating alcohol and smoking cigarettes to using illegal drugs?

LOL...NT.

Good. Like you said, if you're buying drugs and using then you shouldn't expect the government to help you get through life.

The family gets welfare from the parent/guardian. Because of this law if the parent is dipping into that to buy drugs it means the children would be cut off as well. Regardless of if the parent is using the welfare funds for drugs or not. They could be getting drugs from elsewhere. But all are harmed.

Ignore that poverty/crime/drugs all go hand in hand and are a direct result of previous and coming laws that Republicans put in place to pin down the lower classes.

But good right?
I expect more from you Nako...

Clearly in my statement I'm talking about an abuser themselves.  Not about a situation where a drug abusing parent wouldn't get money to feed their kids from this.  

I'm not fox newsing when I say that there are system abusers out there... IMO if you're out purchasing drugs on the regular but cant afford to buy your own food there's a huge problem with your expectation to receive money from the government.  I would hope that it's obvious that I wouldn't want kids who are supplemented by someone else being affected.  Maybe there's a way to remedy a situation like that.

To me Government assisting a drug abuser who's likely not making an effort to get clean or get a job or both is borderline enabling that very drug problem.

Shots, this isn't the law for that.

Hypo: parents receives government aid but is a base head who has a bf/side gig to keep them high.

Her 16 year old collects and cashes the checks and food stamps to feed them and their younger siblings. Parent may it may not dip into welfare for the drugs but it also keeps the kids alive.

This law takes that aid away from those kids.

It didn't matter if you say obviously you don't want kids etc affected, that's thenpurposenof this law. To hurt poor families who can't support themselves.

Republicans aren't dumb. There's a reason the law is targeting narcotics users specifically and punitively removing aid instead of say forcing drug rehabilitation etc.

You can't say you support a law then in the same breath say you don't agree with it's chief outcome.

How exactly are you equating alcohol and smoking cigarettes to using illegal drugs?

LOL...NT.

Not really, but i find it funny that I could be drinking alcohol and smoking ciggs all day take a drug test and still have my welfare, but If I happen to smoke weed a few days before the test I get kicked off.

Both ciggs and alcohol are way more hazardous to your health, most illegal drugs are out of your system in days too. It'll be interesting what drugs were people popped for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Which seems to be little to no one given the example and numbers from Florida below.........

A whopping 2.6 percent
eyes.gif
Clear the it worked.
Huh??

Finally.

The next step is limiting the number of children you can have if you're on welfare. Yea that sounds harsh but I went there. These people having 9 kids and can't afford to feed them makes no damn sense. :smh:

Exactly. Makes no sense to me. Also limit the years your allowed eligible for it. You have people been on it before I was born and still collecting it.

HA! Bout 4 months too late ******* [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

I have no issue with the drug testing.

My concern is how they're going to decide who to test since it's "suspicion based". That leaves a lot for interpretation and is quite a slippery slope, even with SOPs in place regarding how to determine who may be using.

I see lawsuits in the future because of this.

What they should do is give welfare the same way they do food stamps. Make it harder to get cash. Dont give people checks

No, what they need to do is require birth control for women on welfare. Want your check? Get a booster shot first.

On the kid regulations, what happens to the parents and children if they exceed the max that they can have?

laugh.gif
 Dudes got us turning into China in here.
On the kid regulations, what happens to the parents and children if they exceed the max that they can have?
Parent's go to jail - Kids go to Brad and Angelina.

Last edited:
Once again ya'll aren't thinking of the consequences of taking these things away.

Drug use is always going to be around, People are always going to have more kids then they should may we look at it as dumb or irresponsible yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it's going to continue to happen. If the government doesn't give these people aid, they are going to be more homeless, more crime, and a much more dangerous society because of it.

**** is all sweet to someone who would have had there check to get their fix, is out of options and runs into someone's house to get the money.

The best unnecessary child deterrent is education and social mobility. Especially for impoverished women.

It's tough, while I do think there should be some restrictions there are a lot of people on (food stamps) that are working.

What a waste of money. 

They need to reinvest that money back to the people. Put that money into the community, put that money into college grants or community centers to stop the cycle. 

Last edited:
I have no issue with the drug testing.

My concern is how they're going to decide who to test since it's "suspicion based". That leaves a lot for interpretation and is quite a slippery slope, even with SOPs in place regarding how to determine who may be using.

I see lawsuits in the future because of this.

Yup! This whole notion of testing based on "suspicion" is the real issue here.

So you want to legislate what I can or can not do with my vagina?

No sir.

:lol: I can picture it now if this were to happen

A female in need sitting in a welfare office signing papers and the worker telling her

"It's not your vagina anymore...it's the U.S government vagina. That vagina belongs to Uncle Sam now"

:smh: that's some communist ****

Back
Top Bottom