Mid Term Elections Did you Vote Why or Why Not?

Did You Vote

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Chlorophyll......more like Borophyll

• Total voters
I'm ashamed to admit I did not. I was out of state for work and didn't early vote :smh:

I would have voted Yes on 2 in Florida, which was for the legalization of Med Mar.

Could've done absentee ballot and mail it in

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these "you gotta get out there and vote" people are not genuine. At all.

They stress the importance of voting, but demonize you if you don't vote for their party.

That's because the ones we have to tell to vote usually vote a certain way and they are the ones who usually complain the most.

The other side is well represented and show up no matter what.

So what explains the results?

People don't vote in miderms and usually whoever is the President, the other party usually gains seats. Its been predicted for months now. Democrats didn't own up to the little success they had, and the republican just ran on "we're not him" platform. Here in Florida the rick Scott won by a very slim margin again, medical marijuana lost by freaking 2%. People don't vote in midterms. It's not a shocker really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted, Democrat across the board. Glad to see Gov. Corbett gone. Republicans taking the senate wasn't a surprise, the current president's party always take a hit in midterms - especially with his approval ratings so low.

While Obama still holds veto power, I'm curious to see what the Republicans do. Most ran strictly on opposition to Dems, now we will see what agenda they want to push forward.

I hope Wolf has a plan for what he campaigned on. From what I've read regarding quotes from him, all he knows is that he's going to try and get the drilling companies to pony up a 5% drilling tax to fund education but that's about it.

The real issue in this commonwealth is job growth, and since Corbett did a terrible job w/ that, it was a no brainer that he was out.

Articles speculated that if the GOP got the House and the Senate, that they would start to agitate the Fed, now we wait.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't vote, felt like it was pointless, not to mention I didn't feel what neither side had to bring to the table other than education. Wolf wants to fund education, that's great, but that's one a fraction of the problem and he did not mention not once that he wanted education reform for the commonwealth. I already knew where Corbett stood so whatever. Wolf also mentioned more money for public assistance, I can't get jiggy w/ that.

Last edited:
I had to vote for the Billy Madison reference in the poll but YES I did vote. Voted nice and early, in and out in like 10 minutes. I did my research, looked into how candidates voted in the past (when I could actually find the data) and was feeling pretty good coming into Tuesday.

Then Florida wants to go and take a huge **** on my chest
mad.gif

I voted early, but I didn't get to finish looking into the candidates. I was disappointed that quite a few people were running unopposed on my ballot. :smh:

Well be prepared for gas to go up since elections are over better fill up now

I voted but was disappointed in myself for not being as informed as I should have been about the candidates.

I hope Wolf has a plan for what he campaigned on. From what I've read regarding quotes from him, all he knows is that he's going to try and get the drilling companies to pony up a 5% drilling tax to fund education but that's about it.

The real issue in this commonwealth is job growth, and since Corbett did a terrible job w/ that, it was a no brainer that he was out.

Articles speculated that if the GOP got the House and the Senate, that they would start to agitate the Fed, now we wait.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't vote, felt like it was pointless, not to mention I didn't feel what neither side had to bring to the table other than education. Wolf wants to fund education, that's great, but that's one a fraction of the problem and he did not mention not once that he wanted education reform for the commonwealth. I already knew where Corbett stood so whatever. Wolf also mentioned more money for public assistance, I can't get jiggy w/ that.
Wolf is no better than Corbett to me. Maybe better in the public eye, but no different at his desk. He was pretty horrible a secretary of state revenue during the 2008 financial crisis.

Obviously he doesn't support the balanced budget aka education cuts - and he's willing to tax to prove it, but I like the idea of going after the drillers as so much of that drilling money is being fast tracked to out of state firms and migrant workers. Giving the drillers a tax credit for hiring PA residents could work to help job growth, but that's only in 1 sector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom