Mike was never cut from his H.S. Varsity team....

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61510/20090909/pe_teacher_jordan_was_never_cut/[/h1]
[h1]PE Teacher: Jordan Was Never Cut[/h1]A physical education teacher from Laney High claims that some myths about Michael Jordan are inaccurate.
One of the most infamous stories involving Jordan is that he was cut from the varsity basketball team as a sophomore, which motivated him to become perhaps the best player in the game's history.

"Back then, (most) 10th-graders played JV; that's just the way it was. Nobody ever 'cut' Michael Jordan," Ruby Sutton, who still teaches physical education, told the Charlotte Observer.

"Him not making the varsity that year was not his motivator - he was motivated well before that. He just always wanted to be the best."

Via Charlotte Observer

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61510/20090909/pe_teacher_jordan_was_never_cut/#
grin.gif
Anyone care?

Quite oppositely, the same coach says, "Yes, I'm the one who cut Michael his sophomore year"- he continues by attempting to justify the cut -in one of the MJ doc movies back in the day. I think it was Michael Jordan's Playground.

Buncha haters. Michael also says he was cut - is there any reason to doubt it? Yea yea, it's not that serious - etc etc. But, it seems that everyonejust wants to find a reason to hate on someone nowadays.

I knew he was never "Cut" from playing basketball..... I thought he played JV hoops because the coaches didn't think he could play Varsity.

In actuality, he played JV because it was where 10th graders played at the time.

Just wanted to clear that up....

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
i remember for a time I thought he was cut as a Senior and somehow Dean Smith discovered him on the streets and gave in a scholly to UNC
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Reminds me of my friend who didnt play basketball his freshmen year because he couldnt play varsity. Mind you we have a freshmen AND a JV team

I have less of a reason to believe this guy who just started talking about it again.

I watched the Jordan DVD and it had actual dude who "cut" him AND MJ talking about how he got cut. This dude now probably just wants some attention.

Either way who cares. MJ's the GOAT regardless.

Back
Top Bottom