Milwaukee Update Post

^Nope.

I've been working camps at UWW and UWSP so my schedule has been messed up lately.

But if anyone would like to take the ball and run with it, feel free.

I'm still down if you guys are going to do the meet up. I guess the 23rd is out of the question now but my evenings and weekends are pretty open so whenever you guys want to schedule it I'll be able to make it...

Im leaving for NYC next week but im thinking mid August would work for me.  Even if its a game of pick up basketball and grilling at a park. 

^^^^Was there a lot of pairs?^^^^. I'd make the trip from Madison just to check em out in person because I'm undecided on them.I'm also hearing through the grapevine that there's going to be a massive shippment of elite socks coming to the Johnson Creek outlet in the near future.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

^I doubt it.

Your best bet is to start calling around.

Damn 
frown.gif

It's all bad on that Hennessy everywhere I called so far has no idea what I'm talking about.

I saw a few sites with it so that is was I planned on doing. What was the average price you were getting it for?

the one site had them for 45 and shipping was 16, so i think i paid 106 and change for 2 shipped...

is it true that Mayfair is getting a HoH? one of my friends told me and idk if it was true.

-Tyler

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

is it true that Mayfair is getting a HoH? one of my friends told me and idk if it was true.

-Tyler

Hadn't heard.

That'd be great news though

So, I spend a lot of time downtown now for school (MATC), and I'm just curious about the business down here. Specifically within The Grand and surrounding places, why is everything closed? When was it "happening" downtown? Was it ever "happening" downtown? Idk. Just a thought I have. The Grand, imo, has the best layout of any mall in the city. But there's NOTHING in there. I feel the mall has so much potential to be great, but it's a Zombieland. Any older heads know why?

Originally Posted by th3kid

So, I spend a lot of time downtown now for school (MATC), and I'm just curious about the business down here. Specifically within The Grand and surrounding places, 1) why is everything closed? 2)When was it "happening" downtown? 3)Was it ever "happening" downtown? Idk. Just a thought I have. The Grand, imo, has the best layout of any mall in the city. But there's NOTHING in there. I feel the mall has so much potential to be great, but it's a Zombieland. Any older heads know why?

1) Business is bad in that area.  Not a residential area down there, which is why Brookfield, Mayfair, Bayshore have seen growth recently.

2) When I first got to Milwaukee, The Grand was doing decent, used to go down there once in awhile.

3) It is "Happening" downtown, just not at the grand.  Decent restaraunts/bars in the area.  Moda is within walking distance.  Just different clientele(sp?) in that area.  Business minded.  Footlockers at Midtown, Bayshore, Mayfair...even Brookfield are moving decent numbers. 

For me, its about parking and location. I'm up on the north side, Near 90th and Capitol. Everything I need is near me so I don't need to go down there.  Also, I don't want to deal with the parking ramps or street parking.

^^ Isn't our downtown just as residential as any other city? But I do get what you mean now. About things being nearer to you, it's more convenient, etc. I live on the north side too. Just a few blocks from Midtown. I was just curious because I compared it to other cities downtown areas and didn't really think about how many of our other malls are in more residential areas and more convenient for those people.

we're not as touristy as other cities.

everything is moving out of that mall...its unfortunate...

Originally Posted by sho3tym

For me, its about parking and location. I'm up on the north side, Near 90th and Capitol. Everything I need is near me so I don't need to go down there.  Also, I don't want to deal with the parking ramps or street parking.

Not on no stalker steeze but I stay right around the corner from you on 89th and congress.

Back
Top Bottom