MIND = BLOWN

:lol: @ Rick Ashley...

So is this officially the blue eyed soul thread?

Jamie Lidell - Mulitply

Bobby Caldwell - My Flame & Coming Down From Love

Some more gems from Caldwell.

Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen

Chevy Chase was in the band for a hot minute when they were in college. :lol: I guess he did ok after he left the group...

Ambrosa - How Much I Feel

People remember this one?

The Human League - Human

One of Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis' classics. 80s blue eyed soul at it's best...

WHAM - Everything She Wants

You know as corny as a lot of people think of Michaels & Wham, they had some really hard R&B songs. I think someone posted Careless Whispers already. The groove in this song is fire....

OP you need to check out Steely Dan.. some of the coldest white dudes ever right here :pimp:

Teena Marie - Oh La La La, I Need Your Lovin', & Fire & Desire

Gotta give Teena Marie props in this thread. Still weird to me that she & Rick James have passed (RIP). Fire & Desire is straight soul music... Lots of babies were made to that track... She played piano, guitar, & percussion as well as song writing & producing a lot of of her stuff...

laugh.gif
mean.gif
I was wondering why some of these SN's in the earlier pages were in Music section...

Dudes complain about Music being a certain way...then when you get threads like these, it gets ignored by them for the sake of camping out in General. *shrugs*

Bobby Caldwell
pimp.gif

^when Mr. Stone hits those high notes @ 4:00 in Unaware, gives me chills every time 
pimp.gif

incredible voice

Repped for the Allen Stone mention. Never heard of the guy, but dude sounds amazing. :smokin

Just ordered his album from amazon.

Last edited:
Quadron - Neverland & Better Off (ft. Kendrick Lamar)

Damn, can't believe I forgot this group. Great example of today's blue eyed soul by way of Denmark. One of my favorite releases of last year.

Saw this on TV last year...AMAZING version of the original.

Cee-Lo killed it...and there really isn't much to say about Daryl Hall. Dude is a legend.

*If you want to see a good series of videos/songs, just look up "Daryl's House" on YT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom