Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread... Training Camp, to Mankato they go.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what this squad is able to do. Some nice off-season moves, just a damn shame they're without Love & Rubio for the first month+.

Ambiguous win... Looked really solid for a big chunk of the first half, then that productivity fell off a cliff.

Barea is Barea... He's a chuck and chuck's will have their good days and bad days. Yesterday was a good one.

Greg Stiemsma played extremely well. What an energetic post defender man... Some of those shots he swatted weren't just blocks they were rejections.

D-Will and Roy were a combined 7-26 :x

On to Toronto.

Brutal 4th Q yesterday in TO. Going to be pretty tough to win any game when you allow the opposing team's backcourt to score 44 points on 24 shots. Need to do a much better job against D-Will/JJ tonight if the Wolves want to have any hope of coming out on top.

AK :pimp:

I like what I see from Cunningham so far and Roy will be much more effective when Love gets back where his role will be a bit different. Good time for him to find his groove again though.

Just hoping these guys can keep playing competitively while we wait for Love to get back. Hard not to excited about a possibly playoff run since it's been so damn long.

Last edited:
Wolves are such a deep team even without Love and Rubio. So many contributors and for the most part, they all have a sense of team basketball. This team is exactly why patience is crucial for building a team. Looks like Kahn has put a lot of great pieces together that should definitely compete this year.

3-1 for the first time since '01. :pimp:

:smokin Great start

Simply put the Wolves got rid of some serious trash from last year and upgraded those spots.

That was a strange game to watch last night. Blew it open in the 1st, let the Magic get back in and hang around 2nd & 3rd, then ran away with it in the 4th.

It's nice that this squad is showing great composure & fight early on. Give up a double-digit lead to Sacramento, but still pull it out. Get down huge to Brooklyn, come back late in the game to win. And then last night, too. Only real bad performance was in Toronto.

If the T'Wolves can keep racking up wins at a similar pace with Love & Rubio out, the Playoffs are looking very real.

:smokin Great start
Simply put the Wolves got rid of some serious trash from last year and upgraded those spots.

The biggest thing I notice is that the closest they have to a ball stopper is D Williams, but he's not were near as bad as Beasley was. Sometimes it's a good thing when you have someone willing to look for a shot, so long as it's within the flow of the game. Very refreshing basketball up in Minnesota right now. Love it.

Roy is a flat out basketball player. He knows how to play the game. The only thing not working for him is that his shots aren't falling yet, but that's understandable. If they do, and I'm confident they will start falling, then Minnesota is even more dynamic.

Last edited:
Blazers... second team the Timberwolves? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Wasn't able to watch last night's win, in girlfriend's words = date night, me = i was craving a steak and I guess I let her come with.

Derrick Williams played okay last night, but I'm pretty disappointed with his start thus far this season. You're the #2 overall pick of two years ago, and if you can't be the man with Love and Rubio out, are you ever going to be? It's a struggle to watch him in the post. HIs moves are non-existent, unless you count a double-pump while in mid air that results in a line drive from two feet out.

He still loiters around the 3-pt line too much. His put back was nice, but he still needs to be more aggressive with the ball in his hands and down low. I know it was point of emphasis to get him working hard down low so I'm not sure what he was doing all summer. Hopefully he gets it together.

He needs to stay away from the 3 pt line. I know they want to give Pek space but Dwill needs attack and get to the free throw line. Cunningham gonna pack Dwill's bags real soon

I don't want to give up on DWill just yet, but I fear he won't fully get it until he leaves Minnesota. I really like Cunningham though.

Ridnour
Shved
Chase
AK
Love

All White Boy Teams in NBA 2K13 FTW!!! My homies cant stand it when I'm schooling them lmao.

Blazers... second team the Timberwolves? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Yeah, I've always followed the T'Wolves close as I consider them to be my "home" team, being the closest NBA squad I live to; it's just that prior to Rubio's arrival, I hadn't had anything positive to say about the franchise in a long time. For the past 4 seasons, I've made trips down for a Denver/T'Wolves game, and will be down for the game on 12/12 this season.

You oughta be excited about Portland. I watched that game last night and they're a very exciting team. Batum is the jack-of-all-trades and just a good basketball talent. I can see why Minnesota offered him the money they did and why Portland subsequently matched it. Meyers Leonard was impressive as well.

4 and 1. Feels damn good right now. Been awhile...

Great team effort tonight. Everyone seemed to have a crucial play or moment in that 4th quarter. This team has all the intangibles on top of their talent and this is without their two best players.

Just finished catching the replay of last night's game; Shved & Chase. :pimp: Cunningham is quickly becoming one of my favourite players in all the L this season. Any update on Roy's right knee "soreness"?
You oughta be excited about Portland.
I've actually never been a Portland fan. (Screenname is related to team I was playing for when I registered)

Nuggets. I live in Canada (about an 8 hour drive from Minnesota), so I follow the T'Wolves & Raptors closely.

Back
Top Bottom