Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread... Training Camp, to Mankato they go.

Dwill needs to start doing one of two things..attack and live at the FT line or get his butt in the post and go to his hook shot, hopefully he has. Don't mind him facing up because he can get by most but he's not finishing at the rim correct.

5-2 :smokin

The clock on Derrick Williams being traded has officially started. Adelman wants nothing to do with him, 12 minutes last night and guys like Amundson are playing more than him. :smh:

Sad. Minnesota with two chances at having a stud #2 overall draft pick and it looks like both fizzled. I don't mind them getting rid of Williams, it's just a bummer that it was a wasted draft pick.

After surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee, Minnesota Timberwolves starter Chase Budinger will miss minimally three months, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Dr. James Andrews performed the surgery on Tuesday, and a source said the meniscus was completely repaired and will allow for a full recovery for Budinger.

Can we just call it a wrap on David Kahn in terms of drafting? When has he hit besides Rubio (a no-brainer)?

Jonny Flynn (miss)
Wayne Ellington (neither a hit or a miss)
Lazar Hayward (miss)
Wes Johnson (miss)
Derrick Williams (looks to be a miss)

The smartest thing he's done in a while is trade the #18 in last Summer's draft for Chase Budinger. Would've probably taken some guy that ended up going in Round 2.

He needs to just hire another guy to draft, while he can handle all things trading/signing players. I'd rather have Metta World Peace on PCP after killing his therapist handling my war room.

Rob Babcock's input probably isn't helping Kahn in the draft process, either. He was damn awful running Toronto--Rafael Araujo at #8.

Last edited:
Can we just call it a wrap on David Kahn in terms of drafting? When has he hit besides Rubio (a no-brainer)?

Jonny Flynn (miss)
Wayne Ellington (neither a hit or a miss)
Lazar Hayward (miss)
Wes Johnson (miss)
Derrick Williams (looks to be a miss)

The smartest thing he's done in a while is trade the #18 in last Summer's draft for Chase Budinger. Would've probably taken some guy that ended up going in Round 2.

He needs to just hire another guy to draft, while he can handle all things trading/signing players. I'd rather have Metta World Peace on PCP after killing his therapist handling my war room.

Personally I would probably be all for that if I was confident of any other GM save for about 2 or 3. NBA GM's cannot project for squat and most of the players the Wolves have taken in the lotto were players most other teams would have also taken at that spot. There have not been many giant reaches and honestly the NBA draft is one giant crapshoot where luck factors in more than anything (something the Wolves never have had).

In short if you do not have the number 1 pick in the draft then it's all up in the air. EVERY team would have taken DWill number two last year, many would have at #1 too.

I just saw Jonny Flynn is now playing in Australia :x .

Here’s how it breaks down: Once again Malcolm Lee will start at the shooting guard, with Alexey Shved backing him up off the bench. Greg Stiemsma will start at center, with Lou Amundson will back him up. That means a starting lineup of Stiemsma, Lee, Luke Ridnour, Derrick Williams and Andrei Kirilenko, with Amundson, Shved, Dante Cunningham and guard Will Conroy available off the bench.

If this group can get the Wolves to 6-2 then I'll be very very happy. :lol:

T wolves will win by 10+ tonight. Ill paypal everyone in this thread 5 bucks if they dont

I'll still never understand this whole Flynn sucked his first year talk. I mean 13 and 8-9 with Rambis was okay. I didn't expect nothing huge from him anyways.

If Dwill was somewhere where he had the time and patience of coach and team I think he can perform but right now he's just doing too many wrong things and looks like Rick has no confidence in certain match ups with him.

Josh Howard anyone?

Update: Josh Howard signs one year vet minimum deal with Wolves.

HOOD i completely agree with you up there.

DWill is lost and knows Adelman doesn't like him and that translates into his play and head games.

And soon he gets Love coming in to take more minutes.

Glen Taylor likes him but I see Williams being dealt by deadline while he still has SOME value.

DWill for a vet SG for the stretch run is my prediction.

i know its early but what do yall think Pek is worth in the off-season?

Playing 2k and I was able to trade Dwill and Roy for Harden :lol:

:smokin

What could we really get for Dwill? I think it's countdown now.

Just wanted to offer up my opinion/ what I've seen..

Won't be as much as it was one year ago. Solid veteran, but nothing better than good.

Last edited:
So I've seen locally that Kahn has seen a game live in LA-Clips and I think Phoenix. Trades?

What's everyone opinion on Shved so far? I think him and Rubio will be cool together.

Cannot wait until Rubio gets back. I love how kahn has built this team, but we need to see this potential being realized. So many good things to say about them right now even though they're losing. Love still trying to find his way back, mainly his stepback.

Malcolm Lee though...Impressed with the hustle. Same with Dante and his mid-range is on point. Svhed just keeps getting better and better and his 3-pt shooting should be a huge plus for them down the road.

Rubio will tie this all together.

I think we need to find a way to get another sharp shooter since Chase is out for a while. I was hoping for Piterius (sp?) and moving maybe Lou or something.

Malcolm showing like most UCLA guards he can play good defense.

AK's back spasm worries me a bit now

And I'm calling Rubio returns against OKC HOPEFULLY off the bench letting him play into shape and his role THEN start the new year at PG.

Back
Top Bottom