MINNESOTA TWINS SYMBOL QUESTION

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Twin Cities.

Minnesota/St Paul
MINNEAPOLIS/St. Paul....just a typo I'm guessing.

That's not a terrible question....I guarantee there's other people on here that don't know or didn't know until this thread.
I didn't know, and i'll admit it.
but i also didn't really know about the Minnesota Twins anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by Durden7

Bastitch wrote:
Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

DeadsetAce wrote:
laugh.gif
@ people jumping on him

it's definitely not something EVERYONE would know...
agree man, on NT everyone thinks everyone is suppose to know everything, and never suppose to see or catch something late..
It don't care if you've never seen the Bubb Rubb video, or know that "FTW" means "For The Win". That stuff is worthless anyway.

But there are classrooms of 10 year old kids across the country that know Minneapolis/St. Paul are the "Twin Cities".

And they're called the ******* TWINS.

This isn't like when my buddy didn't know Shock G was Humpty. This is like having the geography knowledge of elementary school kids.

No.

To assume that someone should know that TC stands for Twin Cities and that those 2 cities are Minneapolis/St. Paul is outrageous.

Theres also 10 yr old children who know the capital of all 50 states. Thats bad rational.

Someone who follows baseball and is a fan of the sport should know it, but im not shocked at all that people dont know it.
Actually, "bad rationale" would be me saying "hey, my 9 year old son knows that, all 9 year olds know that". Saying "classrooms of 5th graders across the country know that" is totally something different and well within "good rationale".

I'm not shocked people don't know it either. But that's because I think most people in America are stupid and accept their stupidity.

What's your reason?

I didn't think it was that serious. He didn't know, oh well. I've heard dumber things said on this board go unnoticed.

I think the first 3 people were just reaching to find a joke...

Originally Posted by JAEGER13

wow thanks didnt know that
and dang it was just a question to the 3 people who decided to be ignorant about it.

I hear you, but people seriously need to stop using the word "ignorant". People using a dumb word to try and sound smart FTL
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JAEGER13

wow thanks didnt know that
and dang it was just a question to the 3 people who decided to be ignorant about it.
That is totally not the correct usage of the word "ignorant."

i don't see how this is common knowledge... i know we didn't learn +*%# about Minnesota in school
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Except that most elementary schools don't teach those nicknames.

The Twin Cities is taught in a lot of schools.
just curious, what region are you from?

because out here in Maryland, i can probably count on one hand the number of times Minnesota was brought up in school.

i'm sorry for Minnesotans, but the state is just not significant for anything.
laugh.gif

im not even gonna lie, i didnt even notice that !#@! before now ... i grew up on baseball and had no idea what it meant when i saw it ... dont nobody give adamn about the "twin cities" ...

and edit for the mb on the glove for the brewers ... never knew that either lol ... i was never into uniforms or symbols or whatever, just give me a bat and aball and a glove ...

still have a problem with a logo just having an e and a b standing for expos baseball because that just sounds so minor league... ehh its a great looking logoregardless

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

im not even gonna lie, i didnt even notice that !#@! before now ... i grew up on baseball and had no idea what it meant when i saw it ... dont nobody give a damn about the "twin cities" ...

You watch your god damn mouth.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

im not even gonna lie, i didnt even notice that !#@! before now ... i grew up on baseball and had no idea what it meant when i saw it ... dont nobody give a damn about the "twin cities" ...

You watch your god damn mouth.
smh.gif
You sound like you can go through the screen and do something about it
laugh.gif

twins_patch.jpg

Some more info about the logo.

See the guy with the M, he's Minneapolis. The guy with the S is St Paul. They are also placed correctly for the geography of each city as well. MPLS in thewest, St Paul in the east. And the river they're shaking hands over is the mighty Mississippi that runs along both cities.

61785050.WoKHAm6O.jpg

i'm sorry for Minnesotans, but the state is just not significant for anything.
laugh.gif

sick.gif
Come on
laugh.gif

Mall of America there
Best Buy created and headquartered there
Target created and headquartered there
General Mills created and headquartered there (your favorite cereals you grew up on)
Pillsbury created and headquartered there
3M created and headquartered there (we'd be here all day listing their inventions)
Greyhound Buslines created there
Mayo Clinic (where the presidents go for their care)
Mars candy
Polaris
Peanuts comic strip
World's first open heart surgery done there
Bob Dylan
Prince

Firsts:

indoor shopping mall, water skis, snowmobiles, toaster, Rollerblades, college basketball game, etc, etc

Minnesota stinks in a lot of ways but I guarantee it's significant and I guarantee it has affected each and every one of you.
pimp.gif

This thread though
pimp.gif
Love givin MN some attention
smokin.gif

LOL every person in the world is suppose to know what a logo on a team hat means?

I've heard of the twin cities, but I didn't learn it in school

So school me on why they are called the Twin Cities

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

LOL every person in the world is suppose to know what a logo on a team hat means?

I've heard of the twin cities, but I didn't learn it in school

So school me on why they are called the Twin Cities
According to the Minnesota Historical Society, the nickname "Twin Cities" originally had nothing to do with St. Paul, the state capital of Minnesota.

The term was first applied to two settlements on either side of the Mississippi River-St. Anthony's Falls on the east and Minneapolis on the west-in the 1840s.

The two towns were later linked by a suspension bridge. Minneapolis was chartered as a city in 1867 and in 1872 it and St. Anthony's Falls were united to form one city. As a result, nearby St. Paul assumed the nickname while it and the new Minneapolis grew during the 20th century to become Minnesota's two biggest cities.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
@ people jumping on him

it's definitely not something EVERYONE would know...

if you want to be on jeopardy or at least answer in front of the tv, you should know this.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

yea sorry Bastitch but you're wrong, knowing they are the twin cities is not common knowledge like say.....knowing NYC is "The Big Apple" or that Chicago is "The Windy City." I know you would think it is, but it really isn't.

Personally I think it's because nobody cares about Minnesota. Don't mean to offend people from Minn

THREAD

Back
Top Bottom