misconceptions about your city

You're fuming. A degree don't mean ****. Youre easily one of the dumbest people on this site. Still laughing at there being no gays in Atlanta prior to out of towners
Just because you majored in P.E. doesn't mean I did. The homosexual community may have been present prior to the "out of towners" arrival but trust me they stayed quiet about it because they knew their lives would be at risk. Again, the large quantities of "out of towners" as you'd say; flamboyant lifestyle contributed to the demise of Atlanta. 

Not from Pittsburgh but lived here since 2004 so....

Don't believe what the job articles tell u, there aren't jobs here just like any other city in the U.S.

Most people are stick in this mindset of what the city USED to be instead of what it could be.

For it being a northern city, it's pretty country

People are obsessed w/ the Steelers

Nightlife is average and it doesn't help that the states laws in regards to the selling of alcohol limit clubs from staying open past 2am

Cost of living isn't bad but most houses are small unless you move outside of the city then u have to deal w/ my next point

Traffic is a joke. As soon as people approach one of the tunnels or bridge they claim up, slow down, and ride their brakes. For as much as it rains and snows here, you would think people would be used to it right now and would not drive like it's foreign. The Pittsburgh left is real, and people drift into the middle of the intersection until the light turns green so they can jump at a turn.

I just moved to the Boston area and I dont think it is diverse at all. Whole cities being segregated is NOT DIVERSE.I live in Lawrence and it is ALL hispanic. A real culture shock coming from the DMV area smh cant wait to finish this internship. Some white people here act like they have never seen a black person before , diverse my a**.

Last edited:
MIAMI

everyone thinks miami summers are 
pimp.gif

but honestly its ALOT of rain , hurricane season , mosquitos and its 90 degrees with humidity so its musty

best time in miami BY FAR november-march ....barely any clouds , breezy and mid 60-70's alot of the time

Amen. Not in Miami but this goes for south Florida in general.

I don't really get the Atlanta slander. If jobs are lacking down there it's because of the amount of people moving down there but quite honestly people are struggling to find jobs all over the country.

I embrace the cheaper cost of living in the south. If you grew up in NYC and are used to the higher cost of living then more power to you. I can't knock it because I didn't grow up in that huge city environment so it's not something that I need in my life.

But taking out the cost of living equation I will say NYC > Atl :lol:

And most NYC folks I've met through school and around the state were going after the ratchets lol...DC guys were the ones who had taste in the quality chicks down here

thread rerailment.

anybody got some misconceptions about LaMarque Texas?

Google it.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Lmao at where this thread has gone.

In Atlantas defense tho. You know who got caught up in the range rover with the boy.

Last edited:
I just moved to the Boston area and I dont think it is diverse at all. Whole cities being segregated is NOT DIVERSE.I live in Lawrence and it is ALL hispanic. A real culture shock coming from the DMV area smh cant wait to finish this internship. Some white people here act like they have never seen a black person before , diverse my a**.

It is segregated, but is diverse in the sense that there are many different cultures in the city. I would say the people in Boston are more closet racism or indirectly racist. Simple things like a white person moving to the other side of the train because a black person sat next to them. Or white people expecting minorities to not offer much or amount to anything. But other than that, Boston's straight. Great for sports

Mr. Cee

twice

so what's your point? 
laugh.gif

this vs that is childish......grow up

Coulda swore it was mase from the pimp c interview. Mr. Cee got caught up both times in New York if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow I just wanted to bring the pimp c interview into the discussion somehow because that was one of the funniest interviews ever

Mr. Cee

twice

so what's your point? 
laugh.gif

this vs that is childish......grow up
Coulda swore it was mase from the pimp c interview. Mr. Cee got caught up both times in New York if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow I just wanted to bring the pimp c interview into the discussion somehow because that was one of the funniest interviews ever
I was being sarcastic.....basically saying a nyc urban entertainer got caught up in the same type of **** 

but yea the pimp c interview was hilarious "Atlanta is not the south" 
roll.gif

I listen to that **** at least 4-5 times a year 

It is segregated, but is diverse in the sense that there are many different cultures in the city. I would say the people in Boston are more closet racism or indirectly racist. Simple things like a white person moving to the other side of the train because a black person sat next to them. Or white people expecting minorities to not offer much or amount to anything. But other than that, Boston's straight. Great for sports
I wouldnt expect Boston to be easy to take in if you werent raised here and have no guidance. Lawrence is not Boston though, not even close.

damnit brolic dont do it!!!

pleeeaaaase dont unleash the wrath that is afro-latina discussion on NT....

its about to get ugly..

Pyramids of quoted posts about gays and a thread about regions turning into a potential black/Spanish thread.

Gotta love NT

Back
Top Bottom