***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Anyone here wear the Rawlings Cool Flo single flap helmet?

We are going to get a team order done, and just wondering how they run size wise.

I'm telling most guys that if they are normally inbetween sizes, to choose the higher size. Does the padding settle at all, and therefore "stretch" in a way? Or do they stay true to size

Probably get a mixed response/answering my own question here, but thought I would throw it out there.

CC rocking the Maruccio after his entire career wearing that big ol' Nike glove. And chezzer10, I agree, besides the first Hypercool top, that is the best top Nike has made

When are these suppose to hit the market? I like all of them 
they are on mlb.com for pre sale but wont ship till feb 22nd..if your down in spring training they are on sale the 22nd also ive heard...all other retailers like lids and etc go on sale march 1st

my summer ball team is the A's.. looks like im going to be rocking the elephant!  hopefully these are normal fitted caps and not the bp style with lower crowns. mr. met is looking pretty dope.  i jumped all over the orioles hat this year once they went to the cartoon bird.  love these styles.  
the will have the same fabric as the past BP caps but wont be the flext fit low crown...they are the 59/50's just like the regular on field caps

my summer ball team is the A's.. looks like im going to be rocking the elephant!  hopefully these are normal fitted caps and not the bp style with lower crowns. mr. met is looking pretty dope.  i jumped all over the orioles hat this year once they went to the cartoon bird.  love these styles.  
the will have the same fabric as the past BP caps but wont be the flext fit low crown...they are the 59/50's just like the regular on field caps
Thanks for the clarity.  i dont mind the material as much as i mind the lower crown and flex fit piece.  I cant be caught wearing a bp hat during intensely competitive summer baseball.. lol jk.. hoping i can share this with my team and we all can wear them though.  would be a nice touch and unique.  

We are going to get a team order done, and just wondering how they run size wise.

I'm telling most guys that if they are normally inbetween sizes, to choose the higher size. Does the padding settle at all, and therefore "stretch" in a way? Or do they stay true to size

Probably get a mixed response/answering my own question here, but thought I would throw it out there.

What age group do you play? I'll tell you those helmets run true to size. But if anything you'll probably want to go smaller because its a one ward lap and if its too big, it'll be lopsided and it doesn't feel or look good. But Rawlijgs has done a nice job with their helmets making the protective pad foaming more durable and soft as it can give a little leeway to your head.

I have been using the rawlings cool flo single flap since 2005.  I use a 7 1/2 but my hat size is 7 1/4.  I like it to be slightly loose for breathing purposes.  i feel they run slightly smaller because anytime i have tried a 7 1/4 it was waaay too tight.  where are you ordering from? 

my experience is that there is not much padding and since its pretty thin, it never really sets.  im sure other have had different experiences with these but thats my 2cents.  i love these helmets.. much better than the double flaps i used in college.. just be careful on the bases when your going back to the bag on pickoffs!  

*just wanted to add that i have noticed a significant difference in the amount of padding used in the double flap helmets versus the single flap i use.  

Last edited:
Amazing after so many years, players still wear this shirt. It probably is the best under shirt Nike has ever made and released.
i have a ton of the 3/4 sleeves and love them.  i still see these floating around ross and marshalls for next to nothing.  also wanted to add that this hat is way dope.. anyone have pics of the oakland bp hats?  

I have been using the rawlings cool flo single flap since 2005.  I use a 7 1/2 but my hat size is 7 1/4.  I like it to be slightly loose for breathing purposes.  i feel they run slightly smaller because anytime i have tried a 7 1/4 it was waaay too tight.  where are you ordering from? 

my experience is that there is not much padding and since its pretty thin, it never really sets.  im sure other have had different experiences with these but thats my 2cents.  i love these helmets.. much better than the double flaps i used in college.. just be careful on the bases when your going back to the bag on pickoffs!  

*just wanted to add that i have noticed a significant difference in the amount of padding used in the double flap helmets versus the single flap i use.  

I wear a 7 5/8 hat and use a 7 3/4th helmet. Have worn it for the last 3-4 years and love them. The 7 5/8th version of the helmet I can hardly get on my head and the 3/4ths fits slightly loose but it doesn't move around when I run or anything.

i have a ton of the 3/4 sleeves and love them.  i still see these floating around ross and marshalls for next to nothing.  also wanted to add that this hat is way dope.. anyone have pics of the oakland bp hats?  

I need to get my hands on one of those I've had the hardest time finding a shirt I can make a 3/4ths for the longest time. The new Nike shirts if you cut them are way too wide around the arms they just flap around.

The Oakland BP hat is in the picture i posted on the previous page.

The Oakland BP hat is in the picture i posted on the previous page.
Thanks.  I saw that.  Was hoping to see some pics on players. 

ashin - I play mens senior (18+)

menloakz / nikesource - I am going with BB Express. I shopped around, and they have the cheapest price at 49.99. Other places can do them at about 55, but I called the team express number today and they are going to do them at 42 each on an order of 15 helmets. Great price. When asking for hat sizes, I told our guys to size up if they were in doubt, or inbetween sizes usually. Sounds like it was the right decision.

My hands are a bit tied, as shipping to Canada is outrageous even before stupid duty charges that sometimes run up to 30% of the cost of your order - so that is out of the question. (USPS also just jacked up their pricing about 75% when shipping from Canada to USA - they recently quoted me 28$ to ship a pair of shoes to California. Outrageous! - used to be around 15$)BB Express is going to ship them for 35 total (split between 15 guys thats nothing) I usually use my cousins address in Michigan, but it's a big package so im going to try detroitmailbox.com then bring them back on my own, as I make frequent trips to Mich for Tigers/Wings games, shopping etc

Thanks for the input can't wait to have our whole team in these

Last edited:
Damn, I'm a medium. I cringe seeing these deals cause I'd cop them all if I could lol

Good find. What size is it? and did they have it in other sizes?

About a year ago they had all the hyper cool Astros gear here in Houston. Hopefully they get more stuff soon

Local Marshall's had that and Astros L/S in all sizes. In December certain teams were only 14.99 and not 24.99. Smh at them for raising the price because its baseball season.

Amazing after so many years, players still wear this shirt. It probably is the best under shirt Nike has ever made and released.
View media item 265829

View media item 268168View media item 268169View media item 268170

Local Marshall's had that and Astros L/S in all sizes. In December certain teams were only 14.99 and not 24.99. Smh at them for raising the price because its baseball season.

Are you in Houston? If so, where in Houston?

Back
Top Bottom