***MLB FEET AND EQUIPMENT 2016***NEW THREAD

Most schools you can use any glove obviously they would prefer you to use a wilson glovrande at LSU for example but they can order any brand

Last edited:
Most schools you can use any glove obviously they would prefer you to use a wilson glovrande at LSU for example but they can order any brand

When I played in college we all had to use Wilson which is the brand I hate most as they didn't have good outfield patterns at the time. Now they carry h webs like everyone else but in the mid 90s I had to use that glove with the dial on the back and modified trap eze web when I preferred a Rawlings hoh h web or a mizuno world win. Those world wins were great back then until they put that name on cheap gloves and replaced the top of the line gloves with the pro limited name. We also had to wear converse cleats which were brutal. I use to wear nike air clippers in practice.

I wish I could get my hands on the OF glove as mizuno is recreated them last year for a limited time. It was one of my favorite gloves that I owned.

http://www.mizuno.jp/baseball/products/world-win/

Last edited:
Just as long as they don't have to use nike gloves in the field those schools are OK. Texas players used multiple gloves last season as they get floppy fast.

I didn't know that about Texas but the only Nike school that I see that consistently uses Nike gloves is UNC. I have multiple brands of gloves, Wilson, Rawlings, one Mizuno, Nike, and my Nikes have performed pretty well, from the cheaper Diamond ones, to the old Strobe line, Pro Gold from around 1999, new Sha Do's.

The glove and bat deals with schools is a joke. Take money to use inferior products :lol:

When Gordon Beckham was at Georgia, they openly complained about being at a competitive disadvantage having to swing Nike bats.

I had a few friends who played at UTSA when the BBCOR first came out. They had to swing Rawlings bags and the consensus was that they'd be better off seining wood :lol:

I didn't know that about Texas but the only Nike school that I see that consistently uses Nike gloves is UNC. I have multiple brands of gloves, Wilson, Rawlings, one Mizuno, Nike, and my Nikes have performed pretty well, from the cheaper Diamond ones, to the old Strobe line, Pro Gold from around 1999, new Sha Do's.

The only sha do that is good is the elite j as they use kip leather like the other top lines from other companies like pro preferred, a2k, and pro limited. I'm trying to get my hands on a mizuno pro limited haga crafted of glove but no one on eBay is selling it so I might have to contact one of the sellers from Japan and ask if they can get it for me or make an actual trip to the mizuno store in Tokyo. That building is incredible. It's 7 or 8 floors of sporting goods with each floor being a separate sport. I got a bunch of baseball and golf stuff the last time I went there.

UVa won the title using Rawlings bats so they must have gotten better.

The glove and bat deals with schools is a joke. Take money to use inferior products :lol:

When Gordon Beckham was at Georgia, they openly complained about being at a competitive disadvantage having to swing Nike bats.

I had a few friends who played at UTSA when the BBCOR first came out. They had to swing Rawlings bags and the consensus was that they'd be better off seining wood :lol:

Yeah i was in school at this same time n i remember while in the CWS i was like man those Nike bats suck. I had a few friends on that squad and they didnt like em either.

During that time we had a contract with rawlings while most of us were swinging TPX in practice. Mid season we ended up getting a deal with worth too so we had theyre newest one at the time which also still werent the greatest but was actually surprised at the pop they had.

That next year they deadend the bats even more so that years worth/rawlings were :x

Worth we had with pop

View media item 1910665

Last edited:
Yeah i was in school at this same time n i remember while in the CWS i was like man those Nike bats suck. I had a few friends on that squad and they didnt like em either.

During that time we had a contract with rawlings while most of us were swinging TPX in practice. Mid season we ended up getting a deal with worth too so we had theyre newest one at the time which also still werent the greatest but was actually surprised at the pop they had.

That next year they deadend the bats even more so that years worth/rawlings were
sick.gif

Worth we had with pop
The school i played at was the first school to swing Mattingly bats, Don himself came and showed them to us when he was in town playing the Cardinals (the school was 45 min from st louis), they were hotter than hell but wore out fast so then we swung the Miken Cat 5's and louisville exo's. I also had a buddy who played at Illinois and they refused the swing the nike bats they were given back when Nike hat that orange bat out (the strobe i think), they used demarini and now they have a contract with Demarini for bats.

The school i played at was the first school to swing Mattingly bats, Don himself came and showed them to us when he was in town playing the Cardinals (the school was 45 min from st louis), they were hotter than hell but wore out fast so then we swung the Miken Cat 5's and louisville exo's. I also had a buddy who played at Illinois and they refused the swing the nike bats they were given back when Nike hat that orange bat out (the strobe i think), they used demarini and now they have a contract with Demarini for bats.

Yeah those worths wore out quick. We were trying everything possible to make them last

The last good TPX i swung was the blue Omaha, before they started putting that plastic looking coat on the bats (just before the EXOs) .. Also loved the Warrior

Omaha

View media item 1912337

Last edited:
UVa won the title using Rawlings bats so they must have gotten better.

The last decent-good rawlings bat was thr green plasma imo

Anyone remember the triple 7's? Or the connexions by Easton lol

My first -3 was Triple 8 Connexion. Thing was legit and I dropped bombs.

After that it just got sad :frown:

I had the OG triple 7 and hated that thing eventually .. it had no pop.

I hate the OG connexion as well, it was trash. Connexion wasnt any good until it combined with the triple 7, the green one :smokin

I had no love for the OG connexion until about i got in college and man little did i know the pop that thing had :wow: .. by then they were out of production so youd have to find someone selling it or hope a sporting goods store still had em.

Best bats i had growing up:

-8 Omaha Gold & Air Attack 3
-5 (black) Easton Z-Core
-3 TPX (blue) Omaha/Warrior & (green) Triple 7 Connex

Last edited:
My school has a rawlings deal the trio is the main bat that each player chooses now, most the bats now are solid compared to the previous bbcor options

Just read that Carlos Correa signed a huge deal with Adidas. Bummed. Please, Adidas, raise your game for this guy.

Back
Top Bottom