MLB's next superstar is...

Originally Posted by NY41101

Evan Longoria

[h3]CAREER STATS[/h3]
More: Game Log | Splits | Batter vs. Pitcher | Hit Chart | Postseason & All-Star | More Stats

[table][tr][th=""]SEASON ▲[/th] [th=""]TEAM ▲[/th] [th=""]G ▲[/th] [th=""]AB ▲[/th] [th=""]R ▲[/th] [th=""]H ▲[/th] [th=""]TB ▲[/th] [th=""]2B ▲[/th] [th=""]3B ▲[/th] [th=""]HR ▲[/th] [th=""]RBI ▲[/th] [th=""]BB ▲[/th] [th=""]IBB ▲[/th] [th=""]SO ▲[/th] [th=""]SB ▲[/th] [th=""]CS ▲[/th] [th=""]AVG ▲[/th] [th=""]OBP ▲[/th] [th=""]SLG ▲[/th] [th=""]OPS ▲[/th] [th=""]GO/AO ▲[/th] [th=""]sequence ▲[/th] [th=""]team_id ▲[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]122[/td] [td]448[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]122[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]122[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].272[/td] [td].343[/td] [td].531[/td] [td].874[/td] [td]0.79[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]203[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]124[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].320[/td] [td].392[/td] [td].611[/td] [td]1.003[/td] [td]1.20[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CAREER[/td] [td][/td] [td]176[/td] [td]651[/td] [td]105[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]362[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]173[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].287[/td] [td].358[/td] [td].556[/td] [td].914[/td] [td]0.90[/td] [/tr][/table]

Longoria has 1 less homer 46 less RBIs and has played 243 fewer games than Upton Longoria's AVG OBP SLG OPS are all better nuff said
laugh.gif
I will respond to this tomorrow.

im teammates with bryce harper for my travel team, he really is a special talent and definitely not full of himself like they made it sound. he doesnt howeverseem like a prodigy or whatever, in my opinion. he's so good because he has a grown man's body at the age of 16. he will be the #1 overall pick whenhe's eligible though, i guarantee that.

Longoria has 1 less homer 46 less RBIs and has played 243 fewer games than Upton Longoria's AVG OBP SLG OPS are all better nuff said
I mean, sheer common sense states that it's easier to maintain percentages like that over a shorter span of time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NY41101

BJ Uptons Career Stats

[h3]CAREER STATS[/h3]
More: Game Log | Splits | Batter vs. Pitcher | Hit Chart | Postseason & All-Star | More Stats

[table][tr][th=""]SEASON ▲[/th] [th=""]TEAM ▲[/th] [th=""]G ▲[/th] [th=""]AB ▲[/th] [th=""]R ▲[/th] [th=""]H ▲[/th] [th=""]TB ▲[/th] [th=""]2B ▲[/th] [th=""]3B ▲[/th] [th=""]HR ▲[/th] [th=""]RBI ▲[/th] [th=""]BB ▲[/th] [th=""]IBB ▲[/th] [th=""]SO ▲[/th] [th=""]SB ▲[/th] [th=""]CS ▲[/th] [th=""]AVG ▲[/th] [th=""]OBP ▲[/th] [th=""]SLG ▲[/th] [th=""]OPS ▲[/th] [th=""]GO/AO ▲[/th] [th=""]sequence ▲[/th] [th=""]team_id ▲[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]159[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td].258[/td] [td].324[/td] [td].409[/td] [td].733[/td] [td]1.29[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]3[/td] [td].246[/td] [td].302[/td] [td].291[/td] [td].593[/td] [td]1.30[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]129[/td] [td]474[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]142[/td] [td]241[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]154[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].300[/td] [td].386[/td] [td].508[/td] [td].894[/td] [td]1.05[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]145[/td] [td]531[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]145[/td] [td]213[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]134[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]16[/td] [td].273[/td] [td].383[/td] [td].401[/td] [td].784[/td] [td]1.46[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]204[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].221[/td] [td].319[/td] [td].328[/td] [td].648[/td] [td]1.09[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CAREER[/td] [td][/td] [td]419[/td] [td]1543[/td] [td]246[/td] [td]416[/td] [td]637[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]186[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]436[/td] [td]98[/td] [td]32[/td] [td].270[/td] [td].361[/td] [td].413[/td] [td].774[/td] [td]1.25[/td] [/tr][/table]
did I miss something or is this guy talking about the wrong Upton?
laugh.gif
I will respond to this tomorrow.
RIP, OKB going to have all kinds of flow charts and scientific studies for you

I know Osh Kosh Bosh's statistics can be over the top, but I honestly like to read his posts. Usually the statistics aren't your ordinary stats, so hispoints are something that I don't usually think about. I know sometimes they're not relevant and sometimes you just have to say $*@# the stats andwatch the games, but I find them interesting nonetheless.

As much as I think Upton is a great player, power hitting RFs are much easier to find than say a switch-hitting catcher with power, or a front of the rotationstarter.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I know Osh Kosh Bosh's statistics can be over the top, but I honestly like to read his posts. Usually the statistics aren't your ordinary stats, so his points are something that I don't usually think about. I know sometimes they're not relevant and sometimes you just have to say $*@# the stats and watch the games, but I find them interesting nonetheless.
QFT
pimp.gif

Evan Longoria > BJ Upton.

And I'm not getting into a stats battle over it, either... It's just true.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Osh Kosh Bosh didn't say BJ Upton was better, he just said more talented. It's semantics, I know.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

As much as I think Upton is a great player, power hitting RFs are much easier to find than say a switch-hitting catcher with power, or a front of the rotation starter.
I'd agree with that. Good point.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Osh Kosh Bosh didn't say BJ Upton was better, he just said more talented. It's semantics, I know.
laugh.gif
Well even still, all that talent don't mean a damn thing if BJ's head ain't right... And to me, especially with baseball, if your headain't right, your talents take a huge step backwards...

Evan Longoria, in my opinion, is every bit as talented as BJ Upton... And he's got a better head on his shoulders...

the thing with Longoria...it appears that he's not going to "cool off." he had a great rookie season...and he's backing it up with a betterseason. he'll be similar to Pujols in that one day, when you check the back of his baseball card, you'll see a long list of great seasons beginingwith his rookie year.

take Jay Bruce for example...he absolutely exploded on the scene with probably the best first two weeks in the majors ever. right away, it appeared that hewould live up to all the hype that surrounded him. he quickly cooled off, which is normal for a rookie...but now (during his second season)the book is out on him and he's struggling big time.

but I am sold on the idea that the guy in my avy is going to be a stud for a long time.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

the thing with Longoria...it appears that he's not going to "cool off." he had a great rookie season...and he's backing it up with a better season. he'll be similar to Pujols in that one day, when you check the back of his baseball card, you'll see a long list of great seasons begining with his rookie year.

take Jay Bruce for example...he absolutely exploded on the scene with probably the best first two weeks in the majors ever. right away, it appeared that he would live up to all the hype that surrounded him. he quickly cooled off, which is normal for a rookie...but now (during his second season) the book is out on him and he's struggling big time.

but I am sold on the idea that the guy in my avy is going to be a stud for a long time.
Oh I dunno, if you look at the numbers closer his numbers are a little unsustainable. While I think Evan is a .270 to .300 hitter this is a littleunsustainable. If your batting average on balls in play is over .350 it's very hard to keep it up. I don't think he is anything like Pujols, more AlexRodrigez if anything.

On the subject of BJ, where did people get this idea that he was some head case? Becuase he didn't run out a ground ball once?
laugh.gif

BJ is the same guy who had .900 OPS in his rookie year and even when he lost all his power he was still a VERY effective hitter. If anything in termsdiscipline and approach at the plate BJ is more similar to Pujols. BJ has every tool in the book and the best batters eye in the business and practicallyunlimited upside.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I mean, sheer common sense states that it's easier to maintain percentages like that over a shorter span of time.
laugh.gif

Bro the numbers are staring you in the face it might be a shorter span but common sense says this the guy in 892 fewer at bats has produced waybetter numbers than Upton. Thats why he is considered the Face of the Rays organization. Upton has a lot of Talent no question but ask any GM in MLB who theyrather have Longoria or Upton and its a no brainer Longoria by a landslide.

Back
Top Bottom