MLB's next superstar is...

amd_fernandomartinez.jpg

I like Longoria for this one, but Upton will be fun to watch. I think Adam Jones is up there too, especially if the O's can explode like they'reforecasted to do in the coming years.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I dont watch baseball much but i caught a SI article the other day about this Bryce Harper kid...

is he the real deal? Hittin 570 foot bombs at 15???

Harper_photo_scatter_pic2_2-1.jpg

I go to school with this Kid. let me tell you dude is the real deal

to answer the opening question Evan Longoria
pimp.gif

I dont watch baseball much but i caught a SI article the other day about this Bryce Harper kid...

metal bat? he still in college?

RYAN BRAUN
[table][tr][td]SEASON[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]AB[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]2B[/td] [td]3B[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]RBI[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]SB[/td] [td]CS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]OBP[/td] [td]SLG[/td] [td]OPS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Mil[/td] [td]113[/td] [td]451[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]146[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]112[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]5[/td] [td].324[/td] [td].370[/td] [td].634[/td] [td]1.004[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Mil[/td] [td]151[/td] [td]611[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]174[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]129[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].285[/td] [td].335[/td] [td].553[/td] [td].888[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]Mil[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]203[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td].310[/td] [td].412[/td] [td].552[/td] [td].964[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Total[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]319[/td] [td]1265[/td] [td]222[/td] [td]383[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]83[/td] [td]241[/td] [td]98[/td] [td]287[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]12[/td] [td].303[/td] [td].360[/td] [td].582[/td] [td].942[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by vctry20

He's 16 bro.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

He may be, but who really knows? Based on the article, I can already tell I'm not going to like him.
You see that non wood bat?...i think its..ALUMINUM

put a wood bat in the kids hand

I think someone put a pic of Strasburg...HE WILL GET CHEWWWWED UP IN THE MAJORS.

second or third time around these major leaguers will put wood on that fastball, his only real pitch

The problem with Justin Upton he swings and misses a lot. There's no denying his prodigious power, but without a better contact rate, there's no way hecan hit for a high average.

The reason he's hitting over .300 this year is that 39.8% of the balls he puts in play have fallen for hits. If you know anything about Sabermetrics,that's an unsustainable percentage... no way around it.

Only 8 players (Chris Davis, Jordan Schafer, Mark Reynolds, Carlos Pena, Ryan Howard, etc...) have swung and missed more often than Justin Upton. Those guysare batting a combined .234 this season.

Nobody hits the ball farther than Justin Upton... but if he wants to be superstar, he has to get better at simply hitting the ball.

Originally Posted by recognizAZ

I think someone put a pic of Strasburg...HE WILL GET CHEWWWWED UP IN THE MAJORS.

second or third time around these major leaguers will put wood on that fastball, his only real pitch
Translation: I don't know what I'm talking about.

laugh.gif

His fastball is his only real pitch?

The fastball ranks an 80 on the scouting scale... The curve is plus to plus-plus, depending on who you listen to... And the change is above-average...

Adam Jones anyone?...thanks to my hometown team, the seattle mariners, for knowing when to get rid of talent! a five-tool player, the guy is on the verge ofbecoming a superstar. i was one of the few mariner fans who didn't want anything to do with the trade for bedard.

Originally Posted by no r3gard

Adam Jones anyone?...thanks to my hometown team, the seattle mariners, for knowing when to get rid of talent! a five-tool player, the guy is on the verge of becoming a superstar. i was one of the few mariner fans who didn't want anything to do with the trade for bedard.
I was going to throw this name out there. I am still quite upset with that trade, and since that day have denounced my mariner fandom. I stillfollow the team and wish them well, but I will not be a true fan again until that front office gets turned around and becomes set on winning and not the bottomline. Another step towards me disliking the franchise was the extension to Kenji Jojima just because he is an asian player and the team is asian owen andpopular in Japan... Horrible decisions all the way around. The ony two players on the team I like are Branyan and...

The Next great thing to hit the mound...

King Felix Hernandez. He will be a beast in another season or two.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

He's 16 bro.

holy @$*#
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

He's 16 bro.

holy @$*#
eek.gif
http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1156215/index.htm

I'm guessing you haven't read it yet, so here you go!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom