Most Disappointing Careers In Hip Hop?

I know he had some legal issues that hampered him, but I don't think Keith Murray lived up to his artistic potential. The most beautifulist is a good, not great album & then it gets type iffy from there.
Dude is a gifted emcee with a unique style. He just never seemed to put it together into a seminal piece of art.
Enigma is so strong and all his tapes with the squad, cant be on this list imo

My guy Knoc
mean.gif
dude was trash.  

i couldnt careless about album sales , popularity. 

the music all i care about. 

kurupt,dudes  lyricism 
pimp.gif
 my favorite rapper growing up. 

tash  

A+ - i was like this young dude going to be a beast when he grows up after hearing latch key kid. didnt work out. 

kanye - . i was on dude when college dropout came out still my favorite ye album. Soulful kanye>ANY other kanye. stopped listening after graduation.

rich boy- that first album was dope af. let gets this paper extended edition/balla life 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back in 2005 I wrote a song (1 very long verse) using different songs/albums titles as metaphors and such, and when "Bumpin My Music" came out in 06, I was watching Rap City like this
lmao till this day my brother swears he wrote headbussa before juvenile.

dude was trash.  

i couldnt careless about album sales , popularity. 

the music all i care about. 

kurupt,dudes  lyricism 
pimp.gif
 my favorite rapper growing up. 

tash  

A+ - i was like this young dude going to be a beast when he grows up after hearing latch key kid. didnt work out. 

kanye - . i was on dude when college dropout came out still my favorite ye album. Soulful kanye>ANY other kanye. stopped listening after graduation.

rich boy- that first album was dope af. let gets this paper extended edition/balla life 
pimp.gif

off the strength of bigger than the mayor and koolaid kush and convertibles rich boy is a staple in my car ever summer

808s (which birthed today's radio sound)

MBDTF (top 10 rap release this decade)

were classics . . .

Yeezus was coo . . . Cruel Summer was coo . . . WTT was a great album, not classic 

You can't really say he's a "disappointment" . . . as the biggest pop star of the past 10 years, you cant say he didnt flourish to his full potential and beyond . . . saying you don't like his music is one thing but disappointing career? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
808s (which birthed today's radio sound)
MBDTF (top 10 rap release this decade)

were classics . . .

Yeezus was coo . . . Cruel Summer was coo . . . WTT was a great album, not classic 

You can't really say he's a "disappointment" . . . as the biggest pop star of the past 10 years, you cant say he didnt flourish to his full potential and beyond . . . saying you don't like his music is one thing but disappointing career? :lol:

His career was disappointing to me. Today's radio sound is trash. MBDTF was ok but not the replay to me like the the previous albums. And everything else was [emoji]128686[/emoji] as well

His career was disappointing to me. Today's radio sound is trash. MBDTF was ok but not the replay to me like the the previous albums. And everything else was [emoji]128686[/emoji] as well

Can't see how anyone could say his career is a disappointment when he pretty much exceeded the expectations of
everybody. Nobody thought he was going to peak yet alone be the biggest artist of this last decade. Even artist that
are considered "better" than him admitted that.

Maybe you don't like his current vibes or sound but that statement is makes no sense.

Only went through the first couple of pages... so a lot of hits and misses.

Dont see how vets like Jada Fab Beans and Lupe can be mentioned in here. Every rapper has a ceiling.

If you are able to release 5 albums or sustain relevancy and an actual fan base for 10 years how is that a disappointment?

Underachieved is one thing. But disappointment?

I definitely think of folks like Julez Santana, Rich Boy... dudes that got deals, made a great album had a hit or two and then vanished.

Some people never got int o a good situation for whatever reason.... you can write them off as a disappointment too i guess but if nobody believed enough in you to give you another shot then thats kind of telling.
yeah man I don't see how anyone could mention kiss. Kiss the game goodbye is still one of my favorite albums and let's not forget the lox. He's classic late 90s/early 00s ny hip hop.

I said it was disappointing to ME. Him being what is he today was not the expectation that I thought he would be when I saw him perform all falls down at Howard.

Can't see how anyone could say his career is a disappointment when he pretty much exceeded the expectations of
everybody. Nobody thought he was going to peak yet alone be the biggest artist of this last decade. Even artist that
are considered "better" than him admitted that.

Maybe you don't like his current vibes or sound but that statement is makes no sense.
Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom