Most Disappointing Careers In Hip Hop?

"Flipside" came on shuffle today and I remembered that at one point I thought Peedi Crack was going to do way more than he eventually did.

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

chris brown

i know hes a superstar, but the kid has no critically acclaimed classic albums

he should be considered a r&b legend at this stage of his career like usher was after confessions dropped

and this new rapping lane hes in is corny
Slap yourself for enjoying Chris browns music.

Slap yourself for enjoying Chris browns music.
And to add, since when has Chris Brown been a hip hop artist, he rapped some versus, but when a hip hop singer carries a note for a second or two during a verse doesn't make him a singer. Sheesh.

And to add, since when has Chris Brown been a hip hop artist, he rapped some versus, but when a hip hop singer carries a note for a second or two during a verse doesn't make him a singer. Sheesh.
I thought his fan base was strictly middle school girls.

Esse, bro, you're talking about two different genres. Chris Brown is R&B, he is not hip hop. He is in the culture, but that does not mean he is of the culture. NAS is hip hop, he is in and of the culture. Yes, Chris Brown is what he is, no one is bagging on him for being a wack hip-hop artist, because he isn't one. As far as his R&B stature he is up there, for R&B. Not hip hop.

banks debut was a classic
The word "classic" gets thrown out wayyyy too much. Why do you consider HFM a classic, is it because it's his best album? I'm still big Banks fan but c'mon. In 04 'Ye dropped a classic and Doom and Madlib dropped a highly acclaimed album as well. Hell Buck dropped Ca$hville that year as well and I think it's just as good as Banks album, is that considered a classic as well?

Last edited:
HFM was not a classic nor was it "fire top to bottom".

The singles alone were pretty terrible from what I remember.

I enjoy HFM and agree it's a fire album but you used classic. I just want to know if you put him in the same category as Nas, Jay Em, 50, Ye and Kendrick as artists who have classic albums. Because I look at their classic albums and then wonder how in the world anybody can say the same thing about that particular album.

he made southside story idc what singles you think were pretty terrible

Not even the best song recorded about South Side Jamaica Queens but OK :lol:

Album was not "too gritty". It had it's radio joints. "I Get High", "Karma" etc. were far from "gritty".

But clearly this album is your **** so all good.

Last edited:
nah this new r&b trend is hip hop

chris brown never had an album better than neyo or the dreams debut

his music is overrated, he was destined to carry the torch for r&b after usher and kells

but it never happened

Speaking of The Dream...

IDK if he's necessarily a disappointment.. But he deserves more props

banks debut was a classic
The word "classic" gets thrown out wayyyy too much. Why do you consider HFM a classic, is it because it's his best album? I'm still big Banks fan but c'mon. In 04 'Ye dropped a classic and Doom and Madlib dropped a highly acclaimed album as well. Hell Buck dropped Ca$hville that year as well and I think it's just as good as Banks album, is that considered a classic as well?

I think it could be considered a southern classic in the same vein as TM 101. I always thought HFM was pretty overrated. It had a couple bricks on there in the middle of it's good songs. Cashville was the one fire from top to bottom, from the intro to that song with Stat Quo.

Ditto to Peedi Crakk. I felt like he could've blown more than Young Chris could have. Then Jay dropped the label and that was that.

Last edited:
The only things I remember from peedi is he was on one of neyo first songs , he was some how part of the roots ? , dropping crakk from his name and that dame bubble bath pic lol. I really thought freeway would blow and be way bigger than what he was same for young dro.

Mic Geronimo? Only old heads would know about him.
Hell yea man that dude had so much promise. I remember having the sampler that they gave out with the Its real single I believe. Pumped that **** untl the album came out, killed it.

Back
Top Bottom