Most Over-Rated? and Most Under-Rated?

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by ositodormilon

jay z is overrated. kid cudi iis basura. prodigy is underrated. wale is supertrash. only new cat i like is dom kennedy...seriously...no joke 25th hour
pimp.gif
Ur opinion is VOID!!!!!

I mean i like budden but his album wasnt that good after waiting damn near a decade.
I could definitely understand that statement. Padded Room was nothing incredible...but! I'd still prefer MM2 & MM3 over many albums of thepast few years. Album or not, those 2 tapes are incredible.

And Wayne hasn't been on top of his game recently. There's no denying his talent, cause he's very good at rapping [when he wants to]. It justannoys me how he doesn't try sometimes. TCIII was very disappointing, especially with his lackluster lyrics compared to some of his previous work.

EDIT: Also, Life After Death is extremely overrated.

U-R:
Styles P.
Busta Rhymes
Redman
Freeway
Eightball & MJG
Young Buck (sort of)
Beanie Sigel (sort of)
Yo Gotti
Fat Joe
Bun B

O-R:
Gucci Mane (Just can't mess with his music)

I also feel the same way about Wayne as visualmusiC , except I thought TC III wasn't a bad effort though.

Overrated:
Joe Budden (can't make a hit to save his life, too emotional, most of his music is pretty forgettable)
Gucci Mane (compared to Juiceman he sounds great, but IMO dude is borderline remedial)
Lil Wayne (most scatterbrained rapper ever, when not on the drugs he's nice)
Andre 3000 (needs to show me some kind of work ethic to warrant being considered a top 5 MC TODAY)
The Dream (all his music sounds the same to me, not as popular as NT would make you think)
50 Cent (should just scrap this next album, has no buzz whatsoever)

Underrated:
Killer Mike (see I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind 2 for further proof)
Black Thought (is the perfect example of consistency)
Malice (Pusha gets most of the love but Mal is better to me)
Young Buck (both his albums were fire, wish he didn't fall out with 50)

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Malice (Pusha gets most of the love but Mal is better to me)
se2bu8.jpg

i cant believe theirs all this hate for the Blueprint. the album is nearly flawless to me.

and life after death overrated
laugh.gif

LAD is overrated...to me at least. As for the Malice comment, I can see where thats coming from but they're both equal to me. Two of the best in the gameby far. Its funny, but I didn't even know Ryann liked Jay-Z at all. Or maybe I've just been on this site for too long.

i think its funny that of the several years we've chatted back in forth in threads, you've always spelled my name with 2 "n's". its the2nd time today.

and ive always been a big jay fan.

and yes clipse are the 2 best doing it right now.

That is the second time today...damn I be slacking. My bad.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: If I may add to this unappreciated list..The Grind Date is probably my favorite De La Soul album.

just came back from a John Legend concert I think he's really underrated in hollywood and the media, they dont really talk about em that much same withalicia keys. If u listen to Cudi's album u wont say he's overrated cuz he isnt hypebeasted on tv.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by ositodormilon

jay z is overrated. kid cudi iis basura. prodigy is underrated. wale is supertrash. only new cat i like is dom kennedy...seriously...no joke 25th hour
pimp.gif
Ur opinion is VOID!!!!!
My thoughts exactly
laugh.gif

In terms of album overatedness TCIII>>>>>>>>>>BP3

Drake is overrated imo. I haven't heard any bars from dude that makes me
eek.gif

Dude's sayin Joey is overrated, what warrants that? Dudes have to make a hit in order to be considered good?

3Stacks could never be overrated imo unless he start messin w/ them narcotics or suttin. Dude pisses me off tho makin us wait for an album of some sorts

Gucci= overrated
Rick Rawse= overrated
Max B and French Montana= overrated

Lupe=underrated. When u don't dumb it down ppl don't rock w/ u
smh.gif

Joell Ortiz= underrated. Dude got flow, only thing lackin is solid backin and an LP
Beans=underrated. I think his lack of work ethic and the Solution warrants that
Freeway= underrated. Get pass his voice and dude is nice
Young Chris= underrated. Wanna see what he do w/ a solo album

Young Chris cant really be mentioned cuz he hasnt come with ANYTHING at all. I agree with Joell Ortiz but son does get kind of annoying when u heard his voicein raps its like a weird little voice he got like corky or something. Yeah i would think Lupe would get sweated more than a 11 track auto tuned album.

Folks who putting OJ, Gucci, and Wayne in the same overrated category are buggin.

Hell if anything Gucci and OJ are underrated.

I thought it was known for a LONG time now that Wayne is overrated. Carter 1 was his best album...carter 3 was bad....just bad.

And I'm starting to believe that this "bh23enry" guy still walks in a single file line to class
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom