music not the same anymore

Man I can't find any good music these days, everythings seriously getting stale...
I went through the trap or die phase, the lil john phase, the reggeaton phase, hyphy, back to the trap with Gucci then Waka but damn everythings getting stale these days...smh I can't lisen to that crack, thug life music no more cus it died with pac and bonethugs, I'm in the gym straight skipping through tracks like its nothing, anyone feel me,I see all these new artist are absalutely garbage they're good for a good few tracks but that's it after I'm left wonderin wth to lisend to /rant

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

90s >

Realtalk the golden eraI'm actually checking out different music now, rock
sick.gif
, alternative
sick.gif
some of its coo, think I might put myself on to dubstep
laugh.gif
I might just be getting old though too
laugh.gif

You really just listed every short lived rap sub-genre throughout 2000-2010. Crunk, reggaeton, AND hyphy music. Really though. Were you listening to snap music too? "Yup! In my white tee!"

^ Nah bruh I started way back in 92 to really comprehend music
But I been through nearly everything since thenAnd I can go even further back with los bukis , tigres del notre, selena, hip hops not the only genras that's taken a blow I guess times are just changing I nearly heard it all I guess when I hear someone new it feels like I already heard it before, it don't matter I covered everything America has to offer as far as music from the east to the west north and south
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PLVN

It probably seems stale because it seems like you only listen to Rap.

Your probably right but I do change it up from now and then I'm not saying rock or alternative or any genras bad but yea raps taking a hit right now

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

^ Nah bruh I started way back in 92 to really comprehend music
How old are you? I distinctly remember not fully comprehending music until I was 17.

edit: I should say comprehend rap music. I'm not there yet with rock or electronic but I've only been listening for a couple of years.

Sounds like it's time to start exploring other genres. Rock, jazz, blues, electronic, etc. So much more out there.

So much has changed musically in the last 30 years it's INSANE. And that includes the business end as well.

The death of the album has led to the singles driven %@$%#!$+ we get today and has stripped the music of it's art.

Sure, back then you'd have a few singles to try to drive an album. But you still tried to make a great album because you wanted people to buy it. Illmatic. The Infamous. Reasonable Doubt.

Why would you do that now if no one is buying albums? You don't even need to try to make more than 2-3 great records on a project because you're just looking to cash out on show money and downloads off of 2-3 songs. So you really only care about 20-30% of the music you're making.

Artists should learn from Adele. Make music from the heart that people can relate to, and you'll consistently make great songs, and people will invest in YOU.

Rather than compromising yourself trying to make music you think the people want. You'll only get but so many people to buy into that !$$@.

It's not the same anymore!? This is 1990 anymore!?!??! You mean to tell me it's 2012?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think mainstream music has gotten pretty bad (radio)... but with the internet you can now listen to music that would have been considered "underground/indie" years ago without really becoming a backpacker that hangs out at album stores all day with the music equivalent of comic book guy
laugh.gif

People say this all the time. If anything I love where rap is going. There is always going to be garbage out there, but now I'm hearing more electronica seep into hiphop, newer sounds, or more intimate lyrics about life, love, and emotions. More complex, deeper, sounds in the production rather than the same ol' beat.

You don't see as many dudes just standing there with jerseys throwing champagne on girls butts and rapping nonsensical things. It's still out there but a newer sound is there.

You have to look for it, but it's great, better than most of the stuff you found in the '00s

You also gotta expand what you listen to, that's how you find the newer better music. Jazz, downtempo, electronica, post-dubstep, indie pop, alternative rock. It's all out there and it's great man.

Back
Top Bottom