music not the same anymore

Originally Posted by 0cks

I think mainstream music has gotten pretty bad (radio)... but with the internet you can now listen to music that would have been considered "underground/indie" years ago without really becoming a backpacker that hangs out at album stores all day with the music equivalent of comic book guy
laugh.gif
Definitely. For me, it seemed like mainstream radio (mostly as far as rap) turned to *@&# after 2006 (not ironically at all that's when Waynemania started
to take off). Before then, there was a very fair balance of rap on the radio. Now, if it's not YM, the next dance craze (Flexin, Stanky Legg groups), and 

Chris Brown trying to rap, there's really not much else out there on the radio. Thank god/allah/nothing for the internet. 

Everything you listed was bunk, trust man theres tons of great music out there. Your just not opening your mind to it. Explore other genres.

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Man I can't find any good music these days, everythings seriously getting stale...
I went through the trap or die phase, the lil john phase, the reggeaton phase, hyphy, back to the trap with Gucci then Waka but damn everythings getting stale these days...smh I can't lisen to that crack, thug life music no more cus it died with pac and bonethugs, I'm in the gym straight skipping through tracks like its nothing, anyone feel me,I see all these new artist are absalutely garbage they're good for a good few tracks but that's it after I'm left wonderin wth to lisend to /rant
The music on my first ipod >*

There's still some good new music out there though.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by 0cks

I think mainstream music has gotten pretty bad (radio)... but with the internet you can now listen to music that would have been considered "underground/indie" years ago without really becoming a backpacker that hangs out at album stores all day with the music equivalent of comic book guy
laugh.gif
Definitely. For me, it seemed like mainstream radio (mostly as far as rap) turned to *@&# after 2006 (not ironically at all that's when Waynemania started
to take off). Before then, there was a very fair balance of rap on the radio. Now, if it's not YM, the next dance craze (Flexin, Stanky Legg groups), and 

Chris Brown trying to rap, there's really not much else out there on the radio. Thank god/allah/nothing for the internet. 

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Thank you for your opinions
smile.gif

listen to more genres my man. in different settings too. live concerts, with friends, make your own music, make mixes, turn it up, get a woofer, etc.
i'll go through periods of stale music. listened to this beat right here and i was good 

sometimes when i cant find a song like the one above to bring me back from the dead, i'll stumble in to an old song like this one and i'll feel better. 

Hip-Hop is great right now. Evolution of beats and flows is what the old heads are complaining about because it's not the 90's anymore
eyes.gif

Let's get real and face the fact that times have change and they will continue to do so.

Just to add (again), another reason rap/hip hop could feel stale, is that in that genre, people make it seem like it's painfully easy
to do. On a lot of occasions, I feel like there are more rappers than actual rap fans. Too many people wanna be rappers, all that
happens is you make a youtube account, download FL studio or whatever, upload some crappy track, and wam, you call yourself
a rapper.

Where's the mediocre/awful people who attempt to start a rockband or something? Who is the "Lex Luger" of rock making every
song's instrumentation sound not much different from one to the next? (2 actual questions btw)

As someone that has about 1300 or so CDs & about 200 records, there is tons of great music out there. Not to belittle you or anything, but the genres you mention were trendy to begin with & if that's what you gravitate then no wonder you're getting bored with the stuff you listen to. Your most likely maturing & finding you don't like that stuff anymore. Start listening to other types of music. There's a lot of great stuff out there.

As far as rap;
I really think it's because the music we grew up to/accustomed to is now the past and everything you hear now is exactly what we used to consider wack.

You have a new generation that weren't influenced by the same things the rappers we grew up listening too were influenced too. If that makes sense. So the music content isn't the same. 

Now, it's everybody raps about the same content. 

Everybody's rapping about what happens after they signed that contract and got that advanced money. Back than, the rappers we were listening to were rapping/telling stories about what happened before they got on. It was rap in it's truest form.

Smoke more weed too.

I know it's cliche, but you will be more open to different types of music when you're inebriated.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Hip-Hop is great right now. Evolution of beats and flows is what the old heads are complaining about because it's not the 90's anymore
eyes.gif

Let's get real and face the fact that times have change and they will continue to do so.
i dont mind change if its BETTER then da era preceding it...this is NOT happening...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

So much has changed musically in the last 30 years it's INSANE. And that includes the business end as well.

The death of the album has led to the singles driven %@$%#!$+ we get today and has stripped the music of it's art.

Sure, back then you'd have a few singles to try to drive an album. But you still tried to make a great album because you wanted people to buy it. Illmatic. The Infamous. Reasonable Doubt.

Why would you do that now if no one is buying albums? You don't even need to try to make more than 2-3 great records on a project because you're just looking to cash out on show money and downloads off of 2-3 songs. So you really only care about 20-30% of the music you're making.

Artists should learn from Adele. Make music from the heart that people can relate to, and you'll consistently make great songs, and people will invest in YOU.

Rather than compromising yourself trying to make music you think the people want. You'll only get but so many people to buy into that !$$@.

ALL THIS

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Where's the mediocre/awful people who attempt to start a rockband or something? Who is the "Lex Luger" of rock making every
song's instrumentation sound not much different from one to the next? (2 actual questions btw)

Search the genre Witchhouse and you'll find 1 good band and 109202020 crappy ones.
Search dubstep and 80% of the DJs are trash.
Any indie band with a crappy name (i.e The last black rose) or some gay $%@% and more than likely they suck.
Nickelback & Creed= Lex Luger

Back
Top Bottom