My boy got caught up in a World Ventures Scam

An old roommate fell for THREE pyramid schemes while I lived with him. :smh:

I never clowned, I would just cut any convo about that **** short because he would go into his clumsy pitch. :lol: Dude was selling water bottles and vitamins at one point and kept asking me to "try" them. I was like how many have you taken and how has it improved your health? Homie just paused and changed the subject.

The water bottles though. :rofl: I was like can't people just go to the store for those if they really want them?

Last time I talked to dude he wanted me to set an appointment to discuss investments with him because now he's into wealth management. :lol: :stoneface:

Nah.

I can't even front, when I was younger, it took took me 'till the 4th pyramid scheme to realize it's all bull-ish. I had to learn the hard way and i'm sure he had to also.

Last edited:
Not gonna front, I have been a member of WV for at least a year now. The only reason I joined was for the vacation packages, I wasn't really planning on making money out of it. Hell I went on a cruise to Mexico last year :smile:. One day my group members tried the whole selling thing but it didn't work out. The problem is this is basically a job no matter how you see it. People assume it is a get rich quick opportunity. On the contrary. If you are not willing to put in work, then this isn't for you. You really have to wake up and bust your *** every day and start working. Meeting new people, talking to random strangers, getting out of your comfort zone, etc., and I highly doubt the majority of you Nters will do that. Obviously you're going to get a lot of "no thanks". No one said it was easy. People like Donald Trump actually approve of muli level marketing (MLM), but he is the kind of person that thinks outside of the box, which most of us don't. But I guess it's not fair to use him as an example because he is already established, unlike us.

I'm an introvert so I really don't have the skill or energy to bring in more people. I'm actually thinking about calling it quits soon because this isn't for me. But to the people who say this is a scam, do your research. You really expect to make 10 stacks just because you signed up? &*%# outta here.

Not gonna front, I have been a member of WV for at least a year now. The only reason I joined was for the vacation packages, I wasn't really planning on making money out of it.

I'm actually thinking about calling it quits soon because this isn't for me.  
lol... you won't even admit to yourself that you got got

Last edited:
Got a coworker trying to push this world ventures crap on me. If it was anybody I would tell him to F off but I respect dude cuz he hooked me up with my current job three years ago. How do I tell him i'm not interested without offending him and tell him to stop doing it himself cuz it's a scam without crushing his dreams?

Got a coworker trying to push this world ventures crap on me. If it was anybody I would tell him to F off but I respect dude cuz he hooked me up with my current job three years ago. How do I tell him i'm not interested without offending him and tell him to stop doing it himself cuz it's a scam without crushing his dreams?

Just tell him you are working on/looking into a few different business ideas at the moment and that you just don't have the time right now. Not sure about the second part :lol:...but just let him be.

tell him to stop wasting his time on small investments

tell him you know a guy who has a drone startup that is about to make it big 

Sorry for the grave dig but NT FTW!

I'm 30, my girl is 24. I've been around long enough to know this is a scam. My girl is young and heard "cheaper trips" and was all excited. Didn't help that it's her cousin trying to sell it to her. How do I tell her this is bull crap without an argument pursuing? Hop on Google of course and what pops up? NikeTalk. This thread was very informative. Helped me get her off this as well as prevent an argument. Thank you guys!

If you have to work that hard to get her to see the obvious, ask yourself, do you really want that problem long term?

Realest of real talk here.
Makes sense tho , he 30 and over and she barely outta college :lol:

Sometimes you gotta learn lessons the hard way in life. Let her waste her time and energy man. You can't explain what chocolate tastes like to a person who's never eaten it before. Gotta let Em try it for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom