My boy got caught up in a World Ventures Scam

Here is my take on it,

I signed up on 2/14/15 because I actually do want to travel, but had to think about it and do some more thorough research and it seems to not make sense to me. So, you mean to tell me, I pay a monthly fee to travel for a low price? I mean, it may sound cool and all, but some people don't have money like that drop on an "investment" that isn't guaranteed to work your way to the top of the ladder. The pyramid scheme is indeed a big factor on this and it was noted that people actually lose money doing this in the long run. So in result, I canceled my membership today. This isn't for me. No knock to anyone that wants to persue a "career'' in this, do your thing.

Here is my take on it,

I signed up on 2/14/15 because I actually do want to travel, but had to think about it and do some more thorough research and it seems to not make sense to me. So, you mean to tell me, I pay a monthly fee to travel for a low price? I mean, it may sound cool and all, but some people don't have money like that drop on an "investment" that isn't guaranteed to work your way to the top of the ladder. The pyramid scheme is indeed a big factor on this and it was noted that people actually lose money doing this in the long run. So in result, I canceled my membership today. This isn't for me. No knock to anyone that wants to persue a "career'' in this, do your thing.
Doing research AFTER spending money?

Hustling backwards

The truth is whether you succeed or fail with WorldVentures is totally up to you! 36 days after getting started with WorldVentures,I was able to replace my income and fire my boss! I actually read this thread before I signed up, but I also made a decision that if other people were doing it, so could I! The only way to fail is to quit. If you want to know how to win big in WorldVentures, just ask!

*looks at post count*

View media item 1372355

laugh.gif
It's even realer in the DMV area.

The thing is, the way its set up, if you already got a LARGE network, a lot of free time and/or you can talk a good game, then Yes, you have a chance at being successful with it. Problem is A.) Most people don't succeed and B.) In order to succeed you have to sell your friends/family/associates B.S. and basically screw them out of their money.

Now, if you're low on morals and you don't have a problem screwing ppl than do you
laugh.gif
But personally, I don't want that on my conscious. And don't be easily impressed by those cars that some of em have, those are company cars, they can be took away in a blink of an eye.
Yeah, I know a couple of people who are into 5linx and I really don't understand the benefit of it. All this 5linx business on my IG and Facebook feed tends to get annoying. But I'm glad that they know not to push that stuff on me.

my FB feed is littered with stay at home moms and deadbeat dudes trying to recruit people to "join the team" "unique opportunity of investment" extra income, premium membership blah blah blah blah. Usually lasts a month or 2 then nothing but crickets from those folks as they move on to their next get rich quick failure.

A dude I went to HS with is down with Herbalife...didn't realize it was a pyramid scheme.

Now that I think about it, it all did seem a bit shady.:lol:

I see tons of stay at home mom's I went to hs with selling that roday and fields **** on fb Too. They are always "so excited" about some "business opportunity". :lol: just another MLM like avon, amway, etc. Yeah some people may succeed financially, but majority don. I could never harass my friends and family with that ****

Had two more folks approach me in January :smh:

Chick kept saying how she was gonna retire earlier after I declined and the dude kept saying how he's going on all these vacations :smh:

They get so hurt when you blow it off

Oh wow!

I was stunned to find out this one cute pinay shorty from back in high school was doing this
sick.gif

mean.gif
. It was for some drink, I think Vemma or something like that. She claimed so many times that it was NOT a pyramid scheme 
indifferent.gif
. It was embarrassing. She even changed her facebook profile pic to her drinking the Vemma with some caption about making money and being her own boss 
roll.gif
 x 
indifferent.gif
 x 
mean.gif
. Poor girl.

I haven't heard from her since, but I know she stopped using her OG facebook (not deleted) and created a new one. She still looks good
embarassed.gif
, but I have no intention of adding her. The next time I see her, I'll ask her about it, tho. I know it will piss her off 
laugh.gif

I also had a guy that I used to hoop with pitch me with some crap about a pyramid scheme
indifferent.gif
. I was definitely offended, and I had absolutely no intention to join, but I decided to entertain the foolishness just to actually see how dumb it was. I definitely wasn't about to do that garbage. I think I still have the messages somewhere in my phone. If I find them, I'll post them 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
An old roommate fell for THREE pyramid schemes while I lived with him. :smh:

I never clowned, I would just cut any convo about that **** short because he would go into his clumsy pitch. :lol: Dude was selling water bottles and vitamins at one point and kept asking me to "try" them. I was like how many have you taken and how has it improved your health? Homie just paused and changed the subject.

The water bottles though. :rofl: I was like can't people just go to the store for those if they really want them?

Last time I talked to dude he wanted me to set an appointment to discuss investments with him because now he's into wealth management. :lol: :stoneface:

Nah.

Last edited:
Dude keep tryna sell me insurance at my sons basketball practice smh. Gotta avoid him now he doesn't get the point.

There was a previous thread on the other MLM out there: http://niketalk.com/t/554985/i-see-people-are-back-on-their-pyramid-scheme-grind-vol-5linx

I posted a link to a very informative video in that thread. I highly recommend that you watch it before getting involved with MLM.

also make the people who are currently in them watch, I guarantee you they'll drop that stuff asap once they realize how foolish it is.

Unless you get in when the company just starts, there;s a high chance you wont make enough to compare to minimum wage, if you make any money at all :smh:

Already been done kind of.

I posted one months ago in this thread. Penn & Teller did an episode Easy Money on their show *******t about it and how terrible it is.

The preview I linked is gone but the full episode should still be up on youtube just search for Penn and Teller Easy Money and it should come up. its about 27 min.

Fair warning tho that particular episode is very NSFW but very informative

Relevant, kinda nsfw but very informative

alright link gone but watch Penn & Teller *******t Episode Easy Money its on youtube

talks all about MLM corps and thier scams

*edit*

found a link with what I think is a Safe For Work version :nerd:

watch it here http://mlmrehab.com/easy-money/

Last edited:
This sounds like what Gold St. was doing. Faking it til hes making it, trying to recruit folks for business opportunities. Posing in front of cars that ain't his. Makes the exposure all that much more entertaining. Dude thought he was doing it.

My homie invited me along to a meeting with an Amway rep.

I knew what was up when the rep told me he's "making great income and going on vacations." I questioned him on everything, drilled in on the "investment play," and got a sick pleasure from seeing him stumble.

Despite telling my boy to avoid this, he went through with it. It took him a few months to realize he had to take the L.

Back
Top Bottom