My budget is 25k, what car should i buy? *UPDATE, COPPED*

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS  

ill def look deeper into the accord now lol 

Thx famb.
No doubt.

Check out driveaccord.net and check out the 9th Gen forums.  Lots of good info there along with pics to give you an idea of what you can do to make them less boring.  

Also, right now is the time to buy a car.  If you could've bought one in the last week of December, you would've gotten a better deal.  But aim for the end of the month--this is when monthly quotas need to be filled and a salesperson is more likely to work with you on a price YOU want.  

As far as pricing goes, aim for 10% or more off of MSRP before taxes, fees, title, etc.  10% is a good deal.  5% is an okay price.  But you really get good deals when you start hitting that 15% range, although this obviously isn't a daily occurrence.  For example, I just bought a '14 Accord EX Sedan 6MT for $24,650 out the door (OTD).  The price before all the fees, taxes, etc. was $22,980 (including destination fee).  So with retail being $25,670 (which includes destination fee), I got a tad more than 10% off of MSRP.  Not a GREAT deal, but not too shabby considering I bought it smack dab in the middle of January.  

Once you find a car you want, email all the dealers you're willing to travel to and ask them for their best OTD price.  A lot of them won't give you this info because the whole goal is to get you into the dealership where they can run game on you.  So you may have to call them and talk to the internet salesman to get an accurate quote.  Let them know that you're a serious buyer and that you don't want any extras because they WILL try to throw **** in there that you can get elsewhere for much cheaper.  All you want is the price of the car (including destination fee) + tax + title + doc fees.  Nothing more or less.  If they start talking about accessories they already added, tell them you don't want them.  If they say you have to include them, walk away.  And most importantly, when you get these quotes GET THEM IN WRITING.  GET EVERYTHING THEY SAY IN WRITING, otherwise you'll get there and they can say "we never said that".  I had that happen to me a few weeks ago--drove 100 miles because I was assured by the sales manager that they'd beat an already aggressive quote from another dealer by $500.  Got there and they beat it by 8 cents.  
laugh.gif
mean.gif
  I was TIGHT....didn't even shake dudes hand....told him to kiss my *** and dipped.  

Also, get your financing in order prior to going to the dealership.  They'll sell you wolf tickets on why you should use one of their lenders, but all they're really doing is trying to make that kickback money while probably giving you a higher rate than you could've gotten on your own.  And once you find the car you want for the price you want, make sure it comes how you want it.  Mine had pinstripes on it--I told them I wouldn't buy it with pinstripes so they took them off.  Same with the moonroof deflector.  I told them I didn't want their pricey wheel locks and splash guards and they just threw them in for free.  It's YOUR car so get it how YOU want it.  And if you're that far in the process, they'll more than likely work with you in order to keep your business.  

Anyways, I'm rambling now.  
laugh.gif
  PM me if you have any questions.  The main objective is to be an informed buyer.  Don't just roll up into the dealership one day to buy a car b/c you WILL get taken for a ride.  

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS  

ill def look deeper into the accord now lol 

Thx famb.
No doubt.

Check out driveaccord.net and check out the 9th Gen forums.  Lots of good info there along with pics to give you an idea of what you can do to make them less boring.  

Also, right now is the time to buy a car.  If you could've bought one in the last week of December, you would've gotten a better deal.  But aim for the end of the month--this is when monthly quotas need to be filled and a salesperson is more likely to work with you on a price YOU want.  

As far as pricing goes, aim for 10% or more off of MSRP before taxes, fees, title, etc.  10% is a good deal.  5% is an okay price.  But you really get good deals when you start hitting that 15% range, although this obviously isn't a daily occurrence.  For example, I just bought a '14 Accord EX Sedan 6MT for $24,650 out the door (OTD).  The price before all the fees, taxes, etc. was $22,980 (including destination fee).  So with retail being $25,670 (which includes destination fee), I got a tad more than 10% off of MSRP.  Not a GREAT deal, but not too shabby considering I bought it smack dab in the middle of January.  

Once you find a car you want, email all the dealers you're willing to travel to and ask them for their best OTD price.  A lot of them won't give you this info because the whole goal is to get you into the dealership where they can run game on you.  So you may have to call them and talk to the internet salesman to get an accurate quote.  Let them know that you're a serious buyer and that you don't want any extras because they WILL try to throw **** in there that you can get elsewhere for much cheaper.  All you want is the price of the car (including destination fee) + tax + title + doc fees.  Nothing more or less.  If they start talking about accessories they already added, tell them you don't want them.  If they say you have to include them, walk away.  And most importantly, when you get these quotes GET THEM IN WRITING.  GET EVERYTHING THEY SAY IN WRITING, otherwise you'll get there and they can say "we never said that".  I had that happen to me a few weeks ago--drove 100 miles because I was assured by the sales manager that they'd beat an already aggressive quote from another dealer by $500.  Got there and they beat it by 8 cents.  
laugh.gif
mean.gif
  I was TIGHT....didn't even shake dudes hand....told him to kiss my *** and dipped.  

Also, get your financing in order prior to going to the dealership.  They'll sell you wolf tickets on why you should use one of their lenders, but all they're really doing is trying to make that kickback money while probably giving you a higher rate than you could've gotten on your own.  And once you find the car you want for the price you want, make sure it comes how you want it.  Mine had pinstripes on it--I told them I wouldn't buy it with pinstripes so they took them off.  Same with the moonroof deflector.  I told them I didn't want their pricey wheel locks and splash guards and they just threw them in for free.  It's YOUR car so get it how YOU want it.  And if you're that far in the process, they'll more than likely work with you in order to keep your business.  

Anyways, I'm rambling now.  
laugh.gif
  PM me if you have any questions.  The main objective is to be an informed buyer.  Don't just roll up into the dealership one day to buy a car b/c you WILL get taken for a ride.  
Dope info. I'd rep you 10 times if i could lol

Looking to spend around 25k, what 2013/2014 models would u recommend?

What tips do you have when bargaining at the dealership?

Only car i have in mind at the moment is the Camaro.

Any help is appreicated, famb.

u can get a 2010 335i coupe for about 25k :pimp:
comes with that CPO extended warranty too **** buyin brand new :pimp:
ride out bangin

Last edited:
Yea, go for reliability, gas mileage, and maintenance. Also, look out of state if u have to. I'm sure LA or CA in general gouge on prices. check neighboring states for prices. Don't be afraid to walk away if u don't get the deal u want

These are the new accords? 
Yea, go for reliability, gas mileage, and maintenance. Also, look out of state if u have to. I'm sure LA or CA in general gouge on prices. check neighboring states for prices. Don't be afraid to walk away if u don't get the deal u want
Thx dude.

indifferent.gif

He's got serious wheel rub, you can tell at the 14 sec mark.

FAIL!

Tryin too hard!
I dont like the concave wheels either. Other than that, looks pretty dope.

Last edited:
i remember when i first saw this i wanted an 8th gen accord sedan...9th gen sedans are fugly tho

so proper with those vossens 
pimp.gif

if you're asking a board of shoe heads what car is best for you, then you shouldn't be buying a car

Cop a G35, you can find a decent one with decent mileage for around 12k. I'm in the market for one as well in LA and damn it's hard to find the right one. :smh:

if you're asking a board of shoe heads what car is best for you, then you shouldn't be buying a car
i disagree we have, well had, some very knowledgable members on cars...ninjahood could have taught a class on the subject

if you can't decide for yourself on a car, maybe you shouldn't be rushing into it with 25K. that's my point. but to each their own

Back
Top Bottom