My flight to Paris leaves tonight, a few quick questions. *FINALLY UPDATED, w/ my experience*

The best hot dog vendor Ive ever been to was in Paris. They basically snipped off one end tip of a crispy baguette, put the hot dog in then infused it with your choice of ingredients/condiments. Free of any mess and delicious.

It was orgasmic. Sorry OP, I have no info besides trying a hot dog stand :lol:

That was in 2000.

Last edited:
You MUST do the night time bike tour by Fat Tire Tour company.

You ride through the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, all the districts, get some bomb ice cream, etc. And then you take a boat tour to finish it off.

Probably the highlight of my trip.

Took a cheap flight to Barcelona too, which was awesome.

saving THIS for next time!

Been to Paris 6 months ago for New Years.

There's so much to do there. If you're into the cultural stuff, then go to the Louvre and see all the monuments. If you want to party and meet younger people, then go to the "left side" of Paris and make sure you hit up the Latin Quarters. BTW, French girls are incredibly gorgeous and friendly. I've met so many women out there. The night life is everything that people say it is. It's nothing like NYC, but it's wild. If you're into the whole drugs, alcohol, women thing then you'll have a blast.

I'd also recommend that you try the street vendor foods and hit up as many cafes as you possibly can. Watch out for those gypsy's though. They're mostly Romanian women and kids that distract you with either signing a petition, making a scene or doing whatever to get you off your toes. Point is--ignore them and don't talk to them at all. By the time you realize you've been pick-pocketed, it's too late to do anything about it.

You do not need to carry your passport everywhere with you, but if you want to put data on your phone you'll need it to for ID purposes. Also, try to use Yelp and find dope restaurants.

Using the Metro is VERY simple and efficient. If you're from a major city with a metro system, then this will be no different. The only downside is that the metro stops running at a certain point during the day. Their metro passes look like ticket stubs and can be easily to misplace. They're also pretty expensive for a 5 day unlimited through zones 1-3 (~36 Euros). If you want to go to Versailles, you'll need to purchase a special Versailles ticket or get a ticket that will take you into zone 5.

Last edited:
Been there few months ago. Along with London and Rome. Paris is nice. But enjoyed London more.

Paris I did use metro entire time. Wasn't as easy imo compared to London but you get use to it.

All I can say is enjoy every minute. Soak it all in. Walk around and get lost in the city.

The Nike at champs was underwhelming BTW.

Make sure you take plenty of pics with you in the picture.. Who cares about seeing the popular sites when I can see plenty online.

Eat macarons so you can brag that you had the "real" stuff. Piss off your foodie friends who always brag about the BEST macaron they had in the USA by saying the one in MCDONALDS in Paris is even better.. Lol. They'll hate that but they can't question you unless they too been to Paris. It will grind their gears for sure.

Have fun

I ditto most of what people have said already, I also recommend checking out the Moulin Rouge if you have the time. If you decide to go to Versailles, try the orange juice in the garden. I'm not at a big OJ person but it was by far the best OJ I've ever had.  

i got my cam bam but I don't own a tripod or want one :frown:

I guess I'll be asking my travel companion to snap a couple of pics and i'll do the same.

Also I love macarons so it'll be interesting to taste the real thing as opposed to the macaron cafe in manhattan LOL

And the Crepe's yum

l'll be in the Latin quarter the whole July, Trying to get it in on Bastille day

any more suggestions? bars? nightclubs?

lol ... the suggestions and tips are funny.

metro is easy if you are used to traveling on subways. if not be prepare to be frustrated. I believe there are like 5 zones depending on where you are traveling you might need a different metro pass. in addition whatever you do, do not throw the pass away while in the bus or train. they have Nazi metro police that will ticket you and are rude as ****.

have a plan .... for example you might go one day to Sacre Coeur but leave only to realized you could of have visited Montmartre, Moulin Rogue and the tombs all while near the area.

if you are going to be there for a while and are doing all site seeing stuff and doing heavy museum touring buy the 4 day pass. worth it ...

don't rush and try to cram everything ina short period, you'll miss what's Paris about. relax takeit easy and enjoy. Walk along the water at night .. take your wine and cheese and mingle. you'll enjoy itand might encounter some serious action if you approach the right crowd.

if not your thing relax in the out door eating like LatinQuarter ... go see the Eiffel tower sparkel at night .. relax in the beautiful Jardin de Luxembourg. take a night tour around the city while eating dinner (night dinner boat tour) ...etc etc etc

I can keep going but I won't ...

Last edited:
wow, i would like to thank everyone for all of your input. Sorry i haven't visited this thread since i returned.

I had an amazing time out there, the metro system is great. trains literally come every 3 minutes. I was lucky that my hotel was near a large station hub where multiple lines run. def made site seeing easy. I did not need to bring a voltage converter with me cuz all the electronics i took automatically converted voltage (Phones, digital camera). All i needed was a adapter and i was set.

Originally i planned on taking a bullet train from Paris to Amsterdam but they were pretty pricey. Bullet train was about 240 euro each round trip. I ended up taking a overnight bus (company called ID BUS) for a fraction of the price (90 euro each round trip). and spent 1 full day in Amsterdam then returned back to Paris the next morning. This was def one of the highlights of my trip. i had no Idea Amsterdam was so beautiful. it is literally breath taking

Some of the things i did:

IN PARIS:

Visit the Eiffel Tower
Shakespeare Book company
Louvre Museum
Moulin Rouge (did not watch a show. def a tourist trap with those outrageous prices)
View the City from the top of Montparnasse Tower
Place a lock on Love Lock Bridge
Visit the cathedral of Notre Dame
Get a "Royale w/ cheese" from McDonald's
visit the fountain from The Devil Wears Prada
Arc De Triomphe
Catacombs of Paris
Bateaux Mouches tour down the Seine river
Got Engaged

IN AMSTERDAM:

Visit the "I amsterdam" Letters at Museuplein
Visit Anne Franks House/Museum
Wander around the Red Light District
Visit and get medicated :pimp: at the popular Green House smoke shop
Have the best Burger of my life at Burger Zaken (see above) lol

I also took a bunch of great photos which i will probably post a few tomorrow.

If you never been to Paris i highly recommend it to you. For those of you that are visiting soon definitely look through this whole thread and my post for some great ideas.

If anyone has any question feel free to ask.

Last edited:
wow, i would like to thank everyone for all of your input. Sorry i haven't visited this thread since i returned.

I had an amazing time out there, the metro system is great. trains literally come every 3 minutes. I was lucky that my hotel was near a large station hub where multiple lines run. def made site seeing easy. I did not need to bring a voltage converter with me cuz all the electronics i took automatically converted voltage (Phones, digital camera). All i needed was a adapter and i was set.

Originally i planned on taking a bullet train from Paris to Amsterdam but they were pretty pricey. Bullet train was about 240 euro each round trip. I ended up taking a overnight bus (company called ID BUS) for a fraction of the price (90 euro each round trip). and spent 1 full day in Amsterdam then returned back to Paris the next morning. This was def one of the highlights of my trip. i had no Idea Amsterdam was so beautiful. it is literally breath taking

Some of the things i did:

IN PARIS:

Visit the Eiffel Tower
Shakespeare Book company
Louvre Museum
Moulin Rouge (did not watch a show. def a tourist trap with those outrageous prices)
View the City from the top of Montparnasse Tower
Place a lock on Love Lock Bridge
Visit the cathedral of Notre Dame
Get a "Royale w/ cheese" from McDonald's
visit the fountain from The Devil Wears Prada
Arc De Triomphe
Catacombs of Paris
Bateaux Mouches tour down the Seine river
Got Engaged

Smooth move 
smokin.gif

I'm talking 'bout that Royal with cheese.  j/k man. Congrats!

Congrats on the engagement man. I visited Paris a couple months ago and it is by far one of my favorite cities in the world.

I was in paris last december had alot of fun nice shopping and the people were very helpful hope you had fun op. I am going to london in october :smokin

I will be there august 4th through the 11th. can't wait!!!

luckily I will be with a friend who was born and raised and currently lives in paris, so hopefully we will have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom