My NY nters..........does New York still have the same ambience(swag)?

I heard their tomatoes are whack b
What's good wit all these tomatoes jokes brah

I'm out the loop, someone put me one
nerd.gif
there was a thread where NTers from NY were going back and forth with a guy from cali and dude was bringing up tomatoes as an arguing point for NY taking an L

Seriously, internet ruined any kind of swagger that any region had. There used to be different slang, style, etc in different areas. Nowadays, people dress the same everywhere in the country. Internet has made it so everybody copies everybody while trying to be different.
...repped for "getting out more".

Last edited:
New York is the most ambianthetically diverse place in the entire world b.

One block you might have a romantic ambience, around the corner might be an academic ambience, down da street might be a spooky ambience.

Brooklyn alone has like 15 different ambiences b.

And ny has the best chimichuras.

The best chimichuras

All that ish still exist and very prevalent, only difference is theres less hustlers on the streets as oppose to the 90s when i was a yung buck, there was 10 hustlers on every street. Crime has also decreased significantly, little to no graffiti on the trains, no muggings on the trains. Overall the city is pretty safe. but the the grimeyness, the A**holes, the attitude, the competitiveness, and the energy is still very alive.

^^^^ Nice to know I'm not the only one you condescending and douchey too :lol:

He only sounds intelligent to those who actually respect him enough to continue responding after he says something stupid.

I see. You're the brilliant mind that uses the word "stupid" frequently. :lol:

But if you need to quote these kinds of replies (while being completely oblivious to it's context) and ignore mine to make yourself feel better, do you.

Seriously, internet ruined any kind of swagger that any region had. There used to be different slang, style, etc in different areas. Nowadays, people dress the same everywhere in the country. Internet has made it so everybody copies everybody while trying to be different.

You also seem confused about what OP was asking.

This isn't about NY culture and how it effects OTHER regions. Or it's "influence". This is about the city itself.

It's actually the people from other regions coming to NY and bringing their influences that has changed the city more than people on other cities taking NY's.

They cleaned the city up. "Broken Windows Theory". "Stop and frisk".

Raised the property values. Made it unaffordable to a great many NY natives, and opened the floodgates for affluent out of towners to move in and set up shop.

The internet didn't do that. But you're from the Bay Area and you don't claim NY so I understand.

Last edited:
I'm a geeky and overly polite Englishman living there, so you can immediately knock NYC's swag level down a notch or two since 5 years back 
nerd.gif

I'm a geeky and overly polite Englishman living there, so you can immediately knock NYC's swag level down a notch or two since 5 years back :nerd:
There's always been safe spots in NYC for the swaggerly challenged to live.

New York is the most ambianthetically diverse place in the entire world b.

One block you might have a romantic ambience, around the corner might be an academic ambience, down da street might be a spooky ambience.

Brooklyn alone has like 15 different ambiences b.

And ny has the best chimichuras.

The best chimichuras
laugh.gif

Until we can make our own Tomatoes, obviously Cali will continue to be the greatest of the two

Back
Top Bottom