My NY nters..........does New York still have the same ambience(swag)?

Still the best city in the US. Yes people are still cranky and petty as ever

Of course there racism thats everywhere. But the diversity is unmatched like everyones saying. Different neighborhoods might have different ethnic majorities but I agree we are all integrated. No one is forced to stay to their neighborhood.

Last edited:
yo fam you from ny? or you just speaking out your a**? Cus for the most part everyone is integrated, sure there is different areas or neighborhood and youd see a predominant ethnicity, but everyone interacts and coexist with each other. My lil cousins play ball with the kids at the park with all types of people black, brown, white, asian, candy stripe.  Take that Ny slander somewhere else b

***** what? I'm FROM NY.

And it isn't slander. Google "NY and segregation". It's a ******* problem b.

And it's effecting school systems in an incredibly adverse way.

Get your head out your ***.

There's still a TON of xenophobia between groups in NY. I myself have had to extinguish a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about not only MY ethnicity, but also when I've caught cats speaking wrongly about other ethnicities around me.

The ignorance I heard at times in NY, nowhere else in America, not even in ******* Arizona.

It's funny because DTRT was a social commentary on Brooklyn and to an extent NY as a whole, I look at how much has changed and really, not a lot has ******* changed.

Just the date on the calendar.

Last edited:
Bro....NY is Diverse, NY is integrated...yes there are neighborhoods with dominant ethnicity, where a certain group might segregate itself...but those people don't just stay within those neighborhoods, that's just where they live, Dominicans don't just stay in the heights, Chinese don't just stay in Chinatown, Colombians don't just stay in Flushing, Italians don't just stay in ThrogsNeck, blacks don't just stay in Harlem...we all coexist well together within the city, of course there is racism like everywhere else....but the feeling of diversity you get here, you won't get elsewhere.

People don't ******* segregate themselves b.

Money segregates people.

Low-income communities are pre-dominantly black and latino for a reason.

The fact you're denying that you can ACTUALLY pinpoint certain areas as being associated with a certain ethnicity, that's just....that's just hilarious dude.

Fact is, nowhere in this country are divisions this sharp. You can actually drive through NY/LI and see that division.

Step outside of NY, and the divisions aren't quite as sharp.

Yeah idk what the hell he talmbout....lol

I was sitting down eating some Mexican food in a Dominican owned restaurant in the heights, with a white couple to my right, Asian couple to my left, I'm Colombian my wife is Dominican, behind us was what looked to me like a Jamaican dude on a date with an Arabic chick...

But....

TOMATOES, bro....

Right, and at the end of that nice little meal, all ya'll go home to completely different parts of the city. :lol:

Oh, and I wonder if that Arabic chick has introduced famb to her parents, or she's just getting the pipe on the low. Hm. She from LI?

Last edited:
What are you even rambling about Nomad?...go sit in a corner somewhere bro...lol
I did go and sit somewhere, and had time to sit back and reflect, even take a gander at your Instagram.

Really "diverse" Instagram, "bro" ...is this your utopian version of a "diverse" New York? Because you boasted about eating in a restaurant that was colorful as a bag of Trayvon Martin's skittles yet your Instagram looks like Tiger Beat Magazine except the one pic of some "internet friends" which included two black people. 

You're not fooling anyone, and I'm not making a big deal out of it, I just wish you didn't speak on diversity like you truly champion that **** ...one look at your Instagram says otherwise. 

I'm almost tempted to ask a qualified therapist or two take a look at your Instagram feed to confirm what I already know about you.
The problem with your posts are they are an example of willful ignorance, and although it sounds good at face value, it becomes actually dangerous when people who are impressionable and whose minds aren't free believe you're sincere. We both know you're the furthest thing from it. 

Like I said this may be too deep for Niketalk but you are so CERTAIN that you champion diversity, as a freed mind I challenge you too...

vUWRGkz.gif

https://instagram.com/elkin.cardona/

Last edited:
Still the best city in the US. Yes people are still cranky and petty as ever

Of course there racism thats everywhere. But the diversity is unmatched like everyones saying. Different neighborhoods might have different ethnic majorities but I agree we are all integrated. No one is forced to stay to their neighborhood.

:lol: I think perhaps this concept of "segregation" is over a lot of ya'll heads.

Folks see areas being gentrified and are like "SEE? WE INTEGRATED BRAH!!!". :rofl:

****** happy with their lil rent controlled situations and aren't seeing the bigger picture :smh:.

Last edited:
NY Isn't segregated right?

Oh okay.

Let me just leave this right here.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/08/us/census-race-map.html

Compare to the other cities, like I said, there's segregation elsewhere, sure, but NOWHERE in America are the divisions this sharp.

But you go on deflecting that talking about tomatoes.

Think I'm still wrong? Go ahead, tweet Spike, ask him if NY is still segregated :lol:.

Last edited:
I love NY, don't get me wrong, but if you've never stepped outside of NY, like actually stepped out and lived elsewhere for a while, it'll be difficult for some cats to really grasp how segregated NY reaaaaaaaaaally is.

And it's problematic because that ignorance and passiveness just perpetuates the problem.

Cats WANT to stay in the hood a lot of the time because they see it as a microcosm of their ethnicity. Even when you go out to Long Island, you'd think it would change but it doesn't, it's even worse.

Gentrification rising, it's going to lead to situations where people are eventually priced out of their neighborhoods.

Cats who copped their cribs in the 80s and 90s and have since paid it off, are now having problems keeping up with the rising property tax and just general rising cost of living, while wages have not experienced a relative rise.

http://gawker.com/the-only-three-non-gentrifying-neighborhoods-in-new-yor-1709817611

If you don't think segregation is very much an issue in NY, bluntly put, you're just plain ignorant.

Perception is cute and all, but it'll never get in the way of facts.

Last edited:
NY Isn't segregated right?

Oh okay.

Let me just leave this right here.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/08/us/census-race-map.html

Compare to the other cities, like I said, there's segregation elsewhere, sure, but NOWHERE in America are the divisions this sharp.

But you go on deflecting that talking about tomatoes.

Think I'm still wrong? Go ahead, tweet Spike, ask him if NY is still segregated :lol:.

This is dope.

I'm looking at the map like, "Look at the little black corner of Manhat-..."

*zooms in*

"oh"

Last edited:
But please, do tell about the time you went and copped macaron ice cream sandwiches and smoked hookah with three Haitians, 2 Koreans and an Irish man and I'll tell you about the time I had to slap ****** for thinking it was alright to get out of pocket with me post 9/11.

Or the time I went to the PR parade and cats were walking up and down the block with machetes in hand yelling "no moyo".

Or the times I go to a nice Pizzeria in upscale Old Westbury and had ladies clutching their purse at the site of me and my dominican homie.

Or the time I went through High School and noticed that professors gave disproportionately more focus to Italian, Asian and Jewish students than Black and Latino students.

Bet those macarons were hitting though.

Last edited:
But please, do tell about the time you went and copped macaron ice cream sandwiches and smoked hookah with three Haitians, 2 Koreans and an Irish man and I'll tell you about the time I had to slap ****** for thinking it was alright to get out of pocket with me post 9/11.

Or the time I went to the PR parade and cats were walking up and down the block with machetes in hand yelling "no moyo".

Or the times I go to a nice Pizzeria in upscale Old Westbury and had ladies clutching their purse at the site of me and my dominican homie.

Or the time I went through High School and noticed that professors gave disproportionately more focus to Italian, Asian and Jewish students than Black and Latino students.

Bet those macarons were hitting though.
I still dont know what this dudes getting at, you sound like you just ranting son. Like that old angry dude in the hood always *****ing and moaning about nothing. Out of the 9 million people in nyc you noticed some people that discriminated you, like that doesn't happen to all of us. stop complaining and just live life b. You want change you gotta be the one to change first, it always start with yourself. Your negative outlook on this ish is the real problem.

I still dont know what this dudes getting at, you sound like you just ranting son. Like that old angry dude in the hood always *****ing and moaning about nothing. Out of the 9 million people in nyc you noticed some people that discriminated you, like that doesn't happen to all of us. stop complaining and just live life b. You want change you gotta be the one to change first, it always start with yourself. Your negative outlook on this ish is the real problem.

Negative outlook? Yes let me just be passive about the whole situation, eyes wide shut, that'll change hard facts and data right?

FOH b. Sound ignorant AF right now. Unless you want to add any substance to your rebuttals keep it pushing b.

You're right you don't know what I'm getting at, I can provide maps, charts, and info-graphs ad-nauseam and you'll sit back and be still be lost.

:lol: But then wonder why mom & pop spots are shutting down and why rent is going up.

Last edited:
Negative outlook? Yes let me just be passive about the whole situation...
I honestly wish you would, #racistlivesmatter

...ask the hypocritical son of an illegal immigrant, who makes fun of people for their lack of education after they've been oppressed by their own country and ours, then denied basic human rights.

...his mother doesn't fall in that category though, because she paid her taxes. And he doesn't fall in that category because he feels he's "white" now. Just look at this Instagram, it's very diverse his "best internet buds" are black. Or look at his real life, where he gets to eat next to white people and soak up some of their joyous Caucasian energy that comparable to midichlorians ...like the force, with enough closet racist projections, you could be white just like him if you only learn to channel it. But instead you're in here voicing your opinion about hidden dangers and disparities. What's wrong? You don't want to change who your are to appease others?

May the implicit bias force be with you...

tSdQuzu.gif

1989, again, social commentary Do The Right Thing by Spike Lee was released.

Segregation and gentrification were underlying topics throughout the film.

I'd wager, if there was census data available mapping segregation, it would look virtually the same as it does now.

That's not alarming to any of you?

I mean really?

In 26 years, nothing has changed and it's adversely affecting SCHOOL systems.

In this diverse state, black and hispanic students are FAR less likely to graduate than their white and asian counterparts.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/e...chool-graduation-rates-by-race-ethnicity.html

Couple that with how law enforcements police different parts of the city, differently, well, you have a formula for stagnation.

Coupled with gentrification and rising costs, excuse me if I'm concerned with how folks are going to be able to even continue live in their communities in 10-20 years from now.

At this rate, the rich are going to force people out of their neighborhoods.

But no, segregation isn't an issue, right?

Guess what? No segregation, no gentrification. If folks were evenly divided throughout the city, and there was economic parity, this wouldn't be something to even talk about.

I KNOW RIGHT? Mind blower.

As it stands, because NY is so sharply divided, and gentrification is on the rise, again, it's a very concerning trend.

1989, again, social commentary Do The Right Thing by Spike Lee was released.

Segregation and gentrification were underlying topics throughout the film.

I'd wager, if there was census data available mapping segregation, it would look virtually the same as it does now.

That's not alarming to any of you?

I mean really?

In 26 years, nothing has changed and it's adversely affecting SCHOOL systems.

In this diverse state, black and hispanic students are FAR less likely to graduate than their white and asian counterparts.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/e...chool-graduation-rates-by-race-ethnicity.html

Couple that with how law enforcements police different parts of the city, differently, well, you have a formula for stagnation.

Coupled with gentrification and rising costs, excuse me if I'm concerned with how folks are going to be able to even continue live in their communities in 10-20 years from now.

At this rate, the rich are going to force people out of their neighborhoods.

But no, segregation isn't an issue, right?

Guess what? No segregation, no gentrification. If folks were evenly divided throughout the city, and there was economic parity, this wouldn't be something to even talk about.

I KNOW RIGHT? Mind blower.

As it stands, because NY is so sharply divided, and gentrification is on the rise, again, it's a very concerning trend.
B- on the essay

thread is getting wild. some good points being made. I value the perspectives of the people who have grown up in NY and watched some changes (or no changes at all) first hand. Thanks for your input folks. There are some wild theories in here too, which also makes for good discussion, but no need for name calling fambs. We're all family here

I did go and sit somewhere, and had time to sit back and reflect, even take a gander at your Instagram.

Really "diverse" Instagram, "bro" ...is this your utopian version of a "diverse" New York? Because you boasted about eating in a restaurant that was colorful as a bag of Trayvon Martin's skittles yet your Instagram looks like Tiger Beat Magazine except the one pic of some "internet friends" which included two black people. 

You're not fooling anyone, and I'm not making a big deal out of it, I just wish you didn't speak on diversity like you truly champion that **** ...one look at your Instagram says otherwise. 

I'm almost tempted to ask a qualified therapist or two take a look at your Instagram feed to confirm what I already know about you.

The problem with your posts are they are an example of willful ignorance, and although it sounds good at face value, it becomes actually dangerous when people who are impressionable and whose minds aren't free believe you're sincere. We both know you're the furthest thing from it. 

Like I said this may be too deep for Niketalk but you are so CERTAIN that you champion diversity, as a freed mind I challenge you too...

vUWRGkz.gif

https://instagram.com/elkin.cardona/

You a God Damb creep bro...hope you at least follow me and not just stalking my IG :lol:

Which btw you act as if I pick and choose my clients, which that's what my IG page is...a business page, unfortunately black people rather let a black photographer cook and shoot their pics majority of the time...so that isn't my fault fam.

But I guess I'm flattered you got out on time out on NT and decided to keep taps on my Instagram, thanks for the free publicity too. :pimp:

And Dawg what the hell are you looking at that you can draw anyother conclusions from my feed other than I'm a wedding/portrait photographer? :rofl:

You are weird fam.

Btw these are the last posts on my feed...

View media item 1704111
I count White, Latino, Asian and Black....is that NOT diverse enough for you?....seriously bro...

Go back to where you came from, out here looking silly as ever...you would think you get a new SN and you change your game up for the better.

Last edited:
I don't get the focus on where groups of ppl rest their head at.

That all the Jews, Hispanics, blacks, white Russians, Indians, other Asians, and other ethnic groups all reside in different parts of the city and it's greater boroughs means what exactly?

To me the economic problems and specifically gentrification is separate from that. You can't tell me if they were all making more money or if the middle class was bigger we'd suddenly see a change in where these groups of ppl choose to live.

And Dawg what the hell are you looking at that you can draw anyother conclusions from my feed other than I'm a wedding/portrait photographer? :rofl:

You are weird fam.

Btw these are the last posts on my feed...

View media item 1704111
I count White, Latino, Asian and Black....is that NOT diverse enough for you?....seriously bro...

Go back to where you came from, out here looking silly as ever...you would think you get a new SN and you change your game up for the better.

I asked if dudes SN was a known troll account and he called me your "buddy" and threw out a bunch of homophobic remarks. Dude is buggin to the max. trolling used to mean something on this website I tell ya :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm legit creeped out by this fool :rofl:

My mans brought up my IG account like he made some crazy discovery into my psyche....this can't be life bro...talmbout my IG not diverse enough, yet in just my last 9 posts, you'll find a white family, a Paki bride, a black pregnant mom and a bunch of Spanish peeps... :lol:

EXPLAIN yourself Nomad.

Last edited:
I honestly wish you would, #racistlivesmatter

...ask the hypocritical son of an illegal immigrant, who makes fun of people for their lack of education after they've been oppressed by their own country and ours, then denied basic human rights.

...his mother doesn't fall in that category though, because she paid her taxes. And he doesn't fall in that category because he feels he's "white" now. Just look at this Instagram, it's very diverse his "best internet buds" are black. Or look at his real life, where he gets to eat next to white people and soak up some of their joyous Caucasian energy that comparable to midichlorians ...like the force, with enough closet racist projections, you could be white just like him if you only learn to channel it. But instead you're in here voicing your opinion about hidden dangers and disparities. What's wrong? You don't want to change who your are to appease others?

May the implicit bias force be with you...

tSdQuzu.gif

Yoooooooooo :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I didn't even catch this gem....

My sons has gone off the deep end....you win bruh.

Back
Top Bottom