My pics from Coachella/ Coachella 2013 presale soon

AtHl9H8CQAAqX-n.jpg

going to weekend 2. i know i'll get ya'll leftovers and whatnot but i still had a blast going last year to weekend 2
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

plus, it's guaranteed not all the sets will be the same. Frank Ocean's set was very different (and better IMO) during weekend 2 than weekend 1.

they didn't sell all available tickets today did they? i'm assuming it was just a select amount correct?

Originally Posted by srvballer

they didn't sell all available tickets today did they? i'm assuming it was just a select amount correct?

yeah, they'll have more next year...i'm already starting a saving fund for it 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

going to weekend 2. i know i'll get ya'll leftovers and whatnot but i still had a blast going last year to weekend 2
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

plus, it's guaranteed not all the sets will be the same. Frank Ocean's set was very different (and better IMO) during weekend 2 than weekend 1.
this

surprises < refinement. why i was telling the dudes to cop weekend 2, plus everyone was going to try to grab weekend 1 anyways.

rather have the sets be on point, than see holograms where the allure wears off after a couple minutes.

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

this

surprises < refinement. why i was telling the dudes to cop weekend 2, plus everyone was going to try to grab weekend 1 anyways.

rather have the sets be on point, than see holograms where the allure wears off after a couple minutes.
meh. i think it only really applies to bands that are playing Coachella as a one-off (or two-off). Most bands are touring and don't need to refine. I will say that Frank Ocean was HORRIBLE Weekend 1, and grabbed the guitarist from Incubus to make up for it.

Personally, part of the show experience is the surprise factor, there's no doubt I would've enjoyed the Dre set a ton, but part of the craziness of Weekend 1 was the crowd FREAKING whenever someone came out (including the hologram).

I will warn you guys, don't expect a hip-hop headliner this year. I know part of the allure to the younger generation has been Hov/'Ye/Dre, next year we're looking at Outkast (highly unlikely) & Fugees as the only real possibilities to fill that hip-hop slot...
//
I'd expect to see something like Phoenix (deadmau5 mainstage after)/Pearl Jam/Tool? as the headliners next year

Weekend 1, see y'all there
pimp.gif

And I only prefer week 1 to week 2 because it's earlier in my quarter, doesn't mess up my grades too badly.

Back
Top Bottom