Nail....Meet....Head....Vol. Dr. Umar Johnson Discusses Racism, President Obama, Personal Agenda Vs.

At this point i'm holding everyone in a leadership position of this country accountable, regardless of how the system works.

Which other groups has Obama gone out of his way to help over blacks?
I don't want to continue to infiltrate this thread with more discussion about the LBGT community...

But like dude said in the video, the LBGT community has received 3 laws under Obama...that is unprecedented...

Let's get them congress ****** too then.

You're like 6 years late brah. The SWS Tea Party grabbed hold of Congress back in 2010

Liberals ain't the only ones who's feet we can put to the fire. Republican congressmen have black constituents too, make them understand starting now that our votes will start to drown out their future chances. The liberals also take the black vote for granted, like it's a given. Give them all hell. I just don't know how to effectively do that.

Which other groups has Obama gone out of his way to help over blacks?

I don't want to continue to infiltrate this thread with more discussion about the LBGT community...

But like dude said in the video, the LBGT community has received 3 laws under Obama...that is unprecedented...

I haven't watched the video yet. But what 3 laws where mentioned?

I if Umar and yourself say nation wide Same sex marriage, you will only make you guys look bad for not understanding checks and balances. Because that was SCOTUS doing

But whihch ones, or PM me if you want to not take away from this thread anymore

Why do people keep bringing up extreme examples of homophobia? He doesn't need to openly wish death on homosexuals to be homophobic.
laugh.gif

Real bigotry is subtle, that's what we've been trying to tell these post-racial white people for years. You don't have to outright call for the death of a certain group of people to be considered a bigot.
But it's a relatively petty thing to compare to the plight of black people...

It's all hurt feelings at the end of the day...I would not care less about old white women using buzzwords like 'thug' or clutching their purse when they see me if it didn't come with a side order of disenfranchisement, systematic oppression, lack of value of black life and mass incarceration...

Someone hurting your feelings by saying your sexual orientation is a mental disorder doesn't lead to anything tangible like white on black racism does...The government has never conspired to destroy the family or community structure of gays...No one gets turned down from a job for being gay...

I if Umar and yourself say nation wide Same sex marriage, you will only make you guys look bad for not understanding checks and balances. Because that was SCOTUS doing

I'm only 30 minutes in, but he didn't mention 3 specific laws yet

Let's get them congress ****** too then.

You're like 6 years late brah. The SWS Tea Party grabbed hold of Congress back in 2010

Liberals ain't the only ones who's feet we can put to the fire. Republican congressmen have black constituents too, make them understand starting now that our votes will start to drown out their future chances. The liberals also take the black vote for granted, like it's a given. Give them all hell. I just don't know how to effectively do that.

Vote, every election, do matter the level, Presidential, off year, Mid-term...........just vote. And write or call your Reps to let them know why you vote a certain way.

People also have to look up gerrymandering. Except for Maryland, sws conservatives control every all the states with high black populations

He also completely ignored that Obama appointed the first black male and female attorney generals
I thought it was just 1 black female....

And then again, I think the argument is about the larger black community, not individual upliftment.

Last edited:

I'm only 30 minutes in, but he didn't mention 3 specific laws yet

I assume it was the repeal of Don't ask Don't tell. Which Congress supported too.

Same sex marriage. That was not him, that was SSCOTUS

The third I don't know.

Another thing, black people underestimate what he was trying to do with the ACA/Obamacare. If it went through in its OG form it would have been the biggest wealth transfer system into the black community in recent history. Healthcare is one of the biggest places blacks get screwed in this country.

Last edited:

But there are black homosexuals.
laugh.gif
In fact black homosexuals have it harder (pause) than other homosexual groups.

Many homosexuals have been part of the black civil rights movement, just say you don't want to be associated with them....stop making crap up.
laugh.gif
I'm just saying, dudes are dismissing his very valid ideas and discourse on a completely separate subject because he has his own personal theory of how homosexuality comes to be.

I have nothing against gays, to each his own. And Umar likely feels the same way, he just has his own theory on what causes it. I don't see the relevance or how that takes away from his otherwise valid ideas.

dont let that dude derail the thread talking about homophobia

Pretty much.

You got it Anton.

Like I said, I wanna see that bit at 30:51 go viral.

chop it. screw it. lets do it.
gotta put a dramatic title on it, like: From black America to Obama, or sumtin
and get a hashtag poppin.

If we got any attention of this, which Im sure we could, that would be dope af

Last edited:
Not even black but ended up watching the entire thing. Really engaging speaker, usually end up breaking up long interviews like this but watched this the whole way through in one sitting. Disagreed with some of his points but agreed with the general messages he was trying to convey, overall a really interesting interview.

Last edited:
The way im looking at it, black ppl who "sell out" by not acknowledging black plight by saying # alllivesmatter, typically aren't feeling the pressure of oppression. If you ask them, they will imply they have broken free from the crabs in the barrel. ASAP Rocky had some interview recently where he was saying he could care less about BLM because he is raking in money, having sex with chicks and living the high life. This makes me think about how ppl in high places are still in the dark or uneducated on how things really are. If they do know, they don't care. 

For us every day citizens getting an education, however unpopular it may be to black popular culture,  is seen as the ticket out of the struggle. That's why other minorities look down on black people like they are lazy, foolish etc. Dr. Johnson did combat this thinking by bring up a good point of psychological inferiority and systemic denial of opportunity is the US.  Hell this whole situation has me thinking about Plato's Cave Allegory. Basically, some people are able to break free from the illusion, violence and propaganda, and if you come back to save your neighbors in chains, they are hostile towards you. So the "free ones" are forget this y'all can stay in the hood, i'm over here in the burbs where all lives matter, and the "boys in blue" and white folk aren't all that bad.  

Education and higher level of consciousness are key. The N word to me as black man isn't so much about color in 2016. Its about the mental darkness ( negro means black remember) in the mind of the black individual and culture. This country piggy backed of European enlightenment/science/intellectualism and the oppressors have historically look at the ppl of color in contempt because they were seen as carefree primitives who can't use their brain and only good at physical things: sports, sex, music, physical labor etc.  . You gotta educated yourself to see things how "they see it" and then you can really see how the veil that is put up. BLM isn't going to gain respect if ppl of color can't address the matter on the " higher playing field"

I'll also add that the line between uncle tom's , *****, and other "sell outs" is kind of grey.: et the person who is in the dark tell it, " oh they are being white" etc, etc. But the accusation is hardly substantial. Then you have your Don Lemon cats who almost deny who they are and show no empathy, you can see clear as day they could care less about the struggle.

Last edited:
NT is a sleeping giant. You got predominantly men of all ages, backgrounds, and career fields all over the country (and some international.)
If we got together for one common goal, we would literally change the world..... we just dont know what that goal or the actions are.

Agreed. We're all over and we're a smart, creative and resourceful group.

Pretty much.

Like I said, I wanna see that bit at 30:51 go viral.

Who's our current digital expert? I know we have some SUPREMELY talented members on here, but I'm bad with names. Can someone "@" them? I'll post it immediately.

So a white person that offends black folks is negrophobic? Lol yall love them buzzwords tho.

Technically yes, a lot of racism is rooted in fear (xenophobia). I mean what else should we call it Frank? :lol:

A white person could make a true statement about black people (or false for that matter) that some may take offense to, that does not make them fearful, racist, bigoted or any other of your favorite words. You're using the word wrong, which im sure you're well aware of, in an attempt to marginalize and discredit that which you personally dont agree with.

And we still go dudes on here talking about "Obamas my hero and will always be my hero" and "what do you expect him to do?", "he can't do anything".

Why'd you vote for him if he can't do anything? Yall letting this fool off the hook, kissing the ground he walks on for no other reason than his skin color.

I assume that this is reference to me. I voted for Obama for many reasons. Not just for him to represent black people in the Oval Office, he was the best candidate both times.

No one ease had a better social policy platform, his proposed Healthcare plan was the only one that would have brought us to universal coverage, he believes in Keynesian demand side polices which I support.

And I don't see how pointing out the current political climate and simple checks and balances is somehow kissing the ground he walks on.

And I have seen no one else even come close to the steez you're saying

You say you're making the attempt to be less condescending. Try harder

It was directed at the many people that made those and similar comments, not you specifically sir. Idk why you always think everythings about you.

I agree with you that he was the better candidate, but thats merely a formality, purely circumstantial.

Implementing universal healthcare which didnt work is what makes him your hero? Social policy is just throwing a dog a bone. The topic is what the black president did for black folks centered around recent events. Im not saying you're wrong for voting for him, im saying as a black man, what has he done to warrant such praise? And not from you specifically rusty.

Economically, the video spoke about how he opened up africa to american financial interests to an extent not seen since colonial times.

Maybe you should at least watch the video to put some context to my comments before getting all offended. If you felt I was being condescending its only because you made my comments about your own political opinions and not the OP for which they were intended. Your entire response has litterally nothing to do with what were talking about in here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom