NBA Best Small Forward of All Time... (Where is Bird & Pippen at?)

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

^^^
roll.gif

Imo,it is Pippen,because he played all-nba level defense since day one compared to all those other guys,including Lebron.

Granted all those other HOF's can give you 25 any night,but they didn't have the defense like Pippen and he could do the same offensively as everyone else,but didn't have to.
What makes you believe that? There is nothing to suggest he was better offensively than Bird, Nique, Elgin, or Doc.

Let me back track before everyone say that I am biased.As far as direct scoring yes of course those guys had that hands down,but the things that lead togetting two or three points,Pippen,Bird and soon to be Lebron, did that the best

1. Pip.
2. Bird.

But when Bron's careers over he will surpass both of them, I just can't say he's the best SF ever quite yet.

Are we talking best PLAYER or most accomplished? those are 2 completely different things.

Best player is a discussion of what someone's actual talent/skill level is at. Just because someone has more rings/awards doesn't necessarily mean theywere a BETTER PLAYER. That could be attributed to different circumstances or just the fact that one player's played longer than the other. Not all playersare blessed with the same opportunities. Compare pre-boston KG, who had absolutely no help for 10 years, to Duncan who's had a solid supporting cast hiswhole career and got to learn from a HOF-center from Day 1.

I was a huge Pip fan growing up and consider him to be one of the best all-around players ever, top 2-3 that I've seen with my own eyes. But there's noway Pip could dominate and control the game to the extent that Lebron TODAY can.

If Lebron today played Pippen in his prime one-on-one, Lebron would win. I think Pip in his prime could do as good a job defending Lebron as anyone, butLebrons size, strength, and explosiveness would be too much even for him.

Lebron is a natural leader. This season, he lead a team of role players, who's 2nd best player is a MARGINAL (at best) all-star to 66 wins. Take Lebron offthat team, and they win 25 games MAX. Watch a Cavs game and its obvious how much easier everyone's lives are by playing with Lebron. All those open 3'sMo and Delonte get? Doesn't happen without Lebron on the floor.

Pippen is the greatest sidekick ever. The one chance he got to play alpha-male he did a great job. Arguably his best season. 55 wins. But his supporting castwas champion-ship tested, they'd been there before. And theres a big difference between 66 wins and 55 wins.

with that said:

1) Lebron
2) Pip
3) Bird

Back
Top Bottom