NBA Best Small Forward of All Time... (Where is Bird & Pippen at?)

Hey what's up NT,
Have been having a debate with a friend of mine about the best small forwards of all time, this stems from the face book top five stuff. Anyway he hadthese listed as the top five:

1. Dominque Wilkins
2. Alex English
3. Adrian Dantley
4. Elgin Baylor
5. Bernard King

My issue was why no Larry Bird & Scottie Pippen, can any of you guys put someone on the list above ahead of Bird and Pip? Or anyone else even? Pleasediscuss. Thanks.

Wilkins was easily the most athletic SF out of the group, but he shouldn't be ahead of Bird or Pippen....

No Dr. J?
nerd.gif

1. Dr. J
2. Bird
3. Worthy
4. Pippen
5. Baylor

At the end of his career, LBJ will be right up there with the greats

1. Dr. J
2. Bird
3. Worthy
4. Pippen
5. Baylor
Good list, wrong order. DR J is not #1 I'm sorry but he's not. #1 should be Bird or Pippen then maybe Doc, Worthy & Baylor.

Friends represent you, drop your friend immediately.
Come on with the jokes...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Does Lebron get a mention? Or do you guys need him to have rings first?

Lebron IS the best SF of all time, rings or not.

Crucify me.
Over Bird.

And Pippen.

How?

1) Pippen (and this was tough but I give it to him on the strength of his defense and the ability to guard 1-4)
2) Bird
3) Big Game James
4) Doc
5) Elgin

thats the way it should be done.

way to hard to put them in order but....
larry bird, dr. j, pippen, nique, elgin, king, worthy and of course lebron....

Larry Legend
Scottie Pippen
Julius Erving
James Worthy
Elgin Baylor

Thats my top 5 but when IMO its all said and done LeBron will be the best basketball player of all time..

1. What eve list you make Bird, Julius, and Elgin HAVE to be on it. No it's not debatable.

2. Elgin Baylor can be no lower than than 3rd and Jame Worthy can NOT be above him, Elgin Baylor reinvented basketball he it's equivalent Babe Ruth endingthe deadball era get up on your basketball history.
tired.gif

3. There is no logical reason to assume that Pippen is better than Julius, Elgin, and Bird I'm sorry everything I know about the history of the game tellsme this is absolutely ludicrous. It's natural to assume that what happened in your youth is greater than what came before it, but cmon. Was Pippen ever thebest player in the league in any given year even if you ignore Jordan was ever even in the discussion? He is probably the greatest perimeter defender ever butstill lets not let our love affair with defense make us lose our minds. Like Scotty was even in the same stratosphere offensively as Bird, Doc orBaylor...
indifferent.gif

1. Bird
2. Doc
3. Baylor
4. Nique
5. Pippen

worthy was never the first option. not second, but prolly the 3rd best player on the team.

yeah pippen was never the best player on the league even without mj.

kosh got it right seems like.

Finally someone with some good points.

Pippen is most certainly above everyone except Bird and that just depends on the day you ask me.

Baylor was awesome no doubt but he was not even the MVP of the league.

Also points does NOT equal best player. All around you have to have Pippen in the discussion he could do EVERYTHING. For you to even put him at 5th is crazy.What did Nique do besides score? Nique's defense was his offense, he would do what he could to match you scoring.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why is Nique better then Worthy Osh?
When I evaluate NBA player throughout history I basically operate under these set of rules and while I think Worthy beats out Nique in somethings,Nique overall has posses I believe the to be the most valuable.

1. Was he ever the best player in basketball? While he was active, did anyone ever suggest that he was the best player in basketball?
  2. Was he the best player on his team?
  3. Was he the best player in basketball at his position? Was he the best player in the league at his position?
  4. Did he have an impact on a number of play of series?
  5. If he was the best player on a team, could that team win the championship?
  6. Was he good enough to keep playing regularly past his prime?
  7. Is there evidence to suggest that he was better or worse than his statistics?
  8. Did he ever have an MVP type season, and did he ever win the MVP award? How did he perform in MVP voting over the course of his career?
(I jacked this from the book "what ever happened to the hall of fame")

Despite his lack of championships his ability to carry a teams of no defense playing scrubs to multiple playoff appearances clinches his greatness over worthy.

Back
Top Bottom