NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Like Nowitness said...Rose had a field day with DJ..

I like DJ, but..you could see from what Rose did to him and Collison..he's on a different level.

ha no i agree, rose is unreal and i could make a case for him as well being the #1 pg in the draft... i guess its my longhorn biased coming out.. haha... aslong as Dj goes in the lottery im cool, i would like to see him as a top 10 pick... but with the size, at the very least hes gotta be a lottery pick

^^^ if Jameer Nelson, T.J. Ford, and to some extent Chris Paul(the best smaller PG in the L) can make it in the league with supreme quickness and not idealsize i think D.J. can make it big. But i agree with -allen3- Rose is on a whole different level!
Hopefully the Sonics get a Top 2 pick and land Rose!! or Beasley
laugh.gif
AAU teammates with KD FTW!!

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

^^^ if Jameer Nelson, T.J. Ford, and to some extent Chris Paul(the best smaller PG in the L) can make it in the league with supreme quickness and not ideal size i think D.J. can make it big. But i agree Rose is on a whole different level! Hopefully the Sonics get a Top 2 pick and land Rose!! or Beasley
laugh.gif
AAU teammates with KD FTW!!

Paul is the best point guard in the league period, the best part of his game is his strength and quickness to get to the whole (well along with hisunbelievable court vision)

I dont think Augustin has that ..

Lee Cummard and Trent Plaisted play 10 minutes from me. They aren't that good. Plaisted is so soft you'd swear has European. He has one post move andhis arms are too short to get many rebounds. Cummard is a little bit better, but he needs to but on like 30 pounds to get to the league. He does this gay thingwith his hands after he hits threes too that pisses me off. He is a pretty good shooter though, and hes a hustler on both sides of the ball.

With all this discussion on Rose & DJ-

Rose will be the better NBA player I think. He will be a very good PG & at 6-3 & at his weight he has a good PG frame. He's a good passer, veryquick, good defender, & very athletic. He is also a solid scorer at the PG position.

With DJ, he is smaller than Rose, but a better shooter. Not a better overall scorer though, imo. He can hit that 3...but doesn't seem as good as a finisheras Rose. Mid range is kind of
grin.gif
as well. He's a good passerlike Rose too...but at the end of the day, I think with Rose's speed, body frame, athletisism, he will end up having the edge over DJ.

Looking forward to the Lotto though, I wanna see where some of these players from Beasley, DJ, Rose, & O.J. could end up. With this draft, the teams thatfal in place, you can tell which player could go where.

Would also like my Nets to get Kevin Love with that 10 after reading the report today.

even though Rose is unreal, i still think at the end of the day Beasley will go #1.....at 6-9 he is a very versatile player who plays big. he can play downlow, as well as shoot the 3 and his mid range is just as good to. Not to mention he is a pretty darn good defender. I think like last year, even though thereis somewhat of a debate, at the end of the day its not really as close as people might think.....imo

I wouldn't be surprised if one team picked one of these 2 over the other with the 1 pick (Beasley & Rose) but I think it will be Beasley, then Rose.Then I think it depends on what team is placed where after that.

Originally Posted by commodity05

at the end of the day its not really as close as people might think.....imo

I agree with you here...everyone got gassed off of that tournament...and it's well deserved, but overall I don't see how he's a better prospectthan Mike. I'd like to see how dude would perform on a team getting doubled and triple teamed every game with inferior teammates. Rose is a guy who is aperfect fit for a team with a system and the personnel already in place for him to succeed. I think you can honestly plug Mike into ANY of the 14 lottery teamsand you're going to get instant results from day one. So alot will depend on what team gets that pick...if it comes down to a team that needs either/or...Idon't see how Mike isn't the obvious selection.

As a Knicks fan... this is the rank in which i want the Knicks to draft

1. Derrick Rose
2. B- Easy
3. O.J. Mayo
4. D.J. Augustin
5. Brooke Lopez

Then again, as i posted in the Knicks offseason thread, if the top 3 are gone on the list.... i wouldn't mind trading down with say a N.J. for our top 5pick n a filler for their 10 and 21 picks..... it would fill 2 holes... we could get Augustin with the 10 n draft a big man like a Joey Dorsey.... that wouldmake for a successful draft night in my book
pimp.gif
... just something to thinkabout
wink.gif

I think Beasley can go anywhere and put up numbers...he'll be my pick for ROY..

Rose is still my preference, he won't put up big numbers early on...but I prefer his game..

but yeah...I think we might see who goes #1 based on what team gets it.

Hopefully Minnesota can get lucky and get a player like Rose or Beasley, but seeing as this draft is deep in talent I would be content w/ Mayo or Lopez.

Can anybody fill me in on Brook? I see everybody giving this dude all sorts of hype but I didn't really catch a Stanford game during the season. So ifsomeone could fill me in on his attributes it'd be appreciated.

I cannot wait to see my Bulls screw up and take Kevin Love. It is bound to happen. The writing is on the wall and it is screaming this. If that happens, wewill not be much better than this past year.

Lopez is very skilled at a true 7 feet...

His rebounding numbers don't look too good for his size in college...but remember he was playing along side his brother.

He moves around good for his size and his post moves/footwork are pretty far advanced for a sophomore. And in time he'll have a consistent mid rangejumper.

I like his game a lot.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Lopez is very skilled at a true 7 feet...

His rebounding numbers don't look too good for his size in college...but remember he was playing along side his brother.

He moves around good for his size and his post moves/footwork are pretty far advanced for a sophomore. And in time he'll have a consistent mid range jumper.

I like his game a lot.

Thanks for the info..the rebounds concern me a bit. Kevin Love who is 2 inches shorter avgs 2 more rebounds a game. I think you're right though, therebounds are being split between him and Robin, so he might up that a bit in pros. We got Al Jefferson to snatch up the rebounds if that's not Brooksspecialty..but who knows.

PG-Foye, SG-McCants, SF-Gomes, PF-Jeffeson, C-Lopez (That'd be kind of
smokin.gif
)

I'm not really sure how O.J. Mayo would fit in if we decided to go that route though. Some people are saying he's a PG, some are saying he's moreof a SG. That would give us McCants, Foye, and Mayo competing for the two spots, w/ a lack of talent at Center.

If it came down to Mayo & Lopez, I would say Lopez (hoping I won't regret that though)

Back
Top Bottom