NBA FEET 2014 - 2015, What the Pros are Wearing This Season

Lets hope LA gets more inspired Js now hes with JB cus these retros been played out in Toronto...

Lets hope LA gets more inspired Js now hes with JB cus these retros been played out in Toronto...

Wearing retro Jordan's is the stupidest thing you can do as an NBA player. No support in the shoes and the technology is outdated. Look at what happened to Amir's ankles.. The guy just doesn't learn. STOP WEARING JORDANS.

As a raptors fan, nothing makes me more angry than these guys wearing Jordan's. Ross is next to get injured.

Last edited:

Wearing retro Jordan's is the stupidest thing you can do as an NBA player. No support in the shoes and the technology is outdated. Look at what happened to Amir's ankles.. The guy just doesn't learn. STOP WEARING JORDANS.

As a raptors fan, nothing makes me more angry than these guys wearing Jordan's. Ross is next to get injured.
any jordan under 9 is outdated, jordan 9's and up are good for ball. Nike got people thinking plastic mesh is top tier materials now lol.

This has got to be one of the more ridiculous comments I've read here on this site, in regard to sneakers.

If you do not have a grasp of physiological adaptation, perhaps you may want to keep those thoughts to yourself.

This has got to be one of the more ridiculous comments I've read here on this site, in regard to sneakers.

If you do not have a grasp of physiological adaptation, perhaps you may want to keep those thoughts to yourself.

doesnt matter.

There is no support in the shoes, that's a damn fact.

I get what you're trying to say, but wearing flimsy shoes isn't going to protect you on the court at all.

to avoid ankle injuries you need a low profile, foot needs to sit as close to the ground as possible. This is science.

There's a reason why you're more susceptible to rolling your ankle in shoes that are higher off the ground (shox..)

Also I watched the majority of raptor games last season. Anytime that idiot rolled his ankle it was in JORDANS. His rotation wasn't just retros yet those are the shoes that destroyed his ankles.

Last edited:
doesnt matter.

I get what you're trying to say, but wearing flimsy shoes isn't going to protect you on the court at all.

to avoid ankle injuries you need a low profile, foot needs to sit as close to the ground as possible. This is science.

There's a reason why you're more susceptible to rolling your ankle in shoes that are higher off the ground (shox..)

Also I watched the majority of raptor games last season. Anytime that idiot rolled his ankle it was in JORDANS. His rotation wasn't just retros yet those are the shoes that destroyed his ankles.
You obviously do not know what that means, but I will humor myself for a minute.

Could it be possible that the player in question, may have a congenital issue regarding his ankles?

Prior to leaving Nike, what shoes did Steph Curry wear, and did his plight support the case that you are presenting right now? 

I'll wait.

Last edited:
doesnt matter.

You obviously do not know what that means, but I will humor myself for a minute.

Could it be possible that the player in question, may have a congenital issue regarding his ankles?

Prior to leaving Nike, what shoes did Steph Curry wear, and did his plight support the case that you are presenting right now? 

I'll wait.

do u play ball?

Modern basketball shoes are safer, better cushioned ( usually ), and have just as good support. There is no reason to play in retros other than nostalgia.

lmao at y'all, i played aau ball strictly in retros, only new sneaker i would ball in is a lebron 8 or 10

Wear what you like man. If you enjoy playing in retros that's cool, but you can't tell me it is for comfort or support. Back in the day they were basketball shoes, now that are mostly fashion accessories.

Last edited:
I play ball in A LOT OF SHOES, retros, kobes, lebron etc.

Modern shoes blow anything retro out of the water.

Technology wasn't that good back then. That's like me using s compute from 1995 to type an essay. Will it type my essay? Absolutely. But a modern computer will help me more.

the foamposite is still the most supportive shoe to this day, and that was made in like 97 lol

Didn't say you couldnt play in them, just that there are better, safer options available now.

Exactly. People wanna show off their retros that's all. I play because I don't wanna get hurt.

I've been hurt in the past (ankle and knee), and no way in hell am I going to risk it again because of some shoe built on theories from 20 years ago.

knees can't be protected by shoes but the distribution of weight to the feet. I've learned that. now ankles and feet can be hurt by a sneaker but knees no

That does not answer my question, and I am sure that you know that.
Under whose authority?

Technically, the teams training staff has the right to deem a pair of shoes not fit for playing. Not that it had happened for retros. Detroit's training staff banned the Hyperize for their team the year they came out due to the lack of support.

I see what you mean by muscle adaptation, but that's exactly the reason why retros aren't fit for playing anymore. Most of the younger NBA players played a majority of their competitive games in newer shoes. If they are going from newer models to retros they're body won't be able to handle the lack of support or extra impact from the retros.

Wear what you like man. If you enjoy playing in retros that's cool, but you can't tell me it is for comfort or support. Back in the day they were basketball shoes, now that are mostly fashion accessories.
I guess you do not realize that what may be comfortable to you, may be uncomfortable for me, and then vice versa.

If I am a player that was around when those shoes were first released, and then still able to play, and then preferring the older models, who are you to tell me that I am wrong? 
I play ball in A LOT OF SHOES, retros, kobes, lebron etc.

Modern shoes blow anything retro out of the water.

Technology wasn't that good back then. That's like me using s compute from 1995 to type an essay. Will it type my essay? Absolutely. But a modern computer will help me more.
What you are saying here, makes absolutely no sense. Modern shoes may blow everything out of the water for you, but for many players, and there are plenty, those who are currently wearing retro's by Jordan, Adidas and Reebok, they all seem to be just fine. Those who are injured by these shoes, in your non scientific estimation, are simply outliers.

Joe Johnson does well, as does DeRozan, who switches up Retro's with Kobe's kicks. 

However, you still didn't answer my question on Steph Curry.
Technically, the teams training staff has the right to deem a pair of shoes not fit for playing. Not that it had happened for retros. Detroit's training staff banned the Hyperize for their team the year they came out due to the lack of support.

I see what you mean by muscle adaptation, but that's exactly the reason why retros aren't fit for playing anymore. Most of the younger NBA players played a majority of their competitive games in newer shoes. If they are going from newer models to retros they're body won't be able to handle the lack of support or extra impact from the retros.
I can appreciate what you are trying to say here, and I will not be disrespectful to you by saying that you are way off base.

But the shoes that the retro's represent ore OVER built, compared to what is being used today. The shoes of today are more streamlined and stripped away, due to the popular barefoot/natural mechanics that are being promoted these days. There is less break in time with these shoes, and with players like myself, we like and then possibly need, a stiffer shoe to play in, which makes them more durable than any of those that are offered today. 

Some of us do not like a shoe that is already broken in, or one that allows too much movement. Shoes like that do not leave the foot feeling protected, ala the Kobe low line, and the Adidas Crazy Light lines of which are a little to lean for my tastes.

I love the Reebok Question, Jordan III, IV, XII,  the Adidas Crazy 8, Top Ten 2000's, shoes like that.

They work, period.

Last edited:
These are multi million dollar players who have access to the best facilities/trainers/equipment around.

Retro's are stiff, we all know that. Do I have proof? No, neither do you if you said they do wear stock insoled. But all signs point to them having some sort of modification to benefit their feet. Youre acting like its a difficult and time consuming act to swap insoles.

Youre taking all these comments way too personally.

These are multi million dollar players who have access to the best facilities/trainers/equipment around.

Retro's are stiff, we all know that. Do I have proof? No, neither do you if you said they do wear stock insoled. But all signs point to them having some sort of modification to benefit their feet. Youre acting like its a difficult and time consuming act to swap insoles.

Youre taking all these comments way too personally.
You said that you were sure, therefore I thought you had proof. Sorry if I took someone who sounded so certain, so seriously.

We didn't bring up anything about insoles, you did. We were talking about shoes, and if retro's are dangerous to play in. 

Oh god youre of those
laugh.gif

Carry on.
Someone who requires proof when someone else tries to come off as an expert?

Yes, I am one of those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom