NBA FEET 2014 - 2015, What the Pros are Wearing This Season

I guess you do not realize that what may be comfortable to you, may be uncomfortable for me, and then vice versa.

If I am a player that was around when those shoes were first released, and then still able to play, and then preferring the older models, who are you to tell me that I am wrong? 

What you are saying here, makes absolutely no sense. Modern shoes may blow everything out of the water for you, but for many players, and there are plenty, those who are currently wearing retro's by Jordan, Adidas and Reebok, they all seem to be just fine. Those who are injured by these shoes, in your non scientific estimation, are simply outliers.

Joe Johnson does well, as does DeRozan, who switches up Retro's with Kobe's kicks. 

However, you still didn't answer my question on Steph Curry.
I can appreciate what you are trying to say here, and I will not be disrespectful to you by saying that you are way off base.

But the shoes that the retro's represent ore OVER built, compared to what is being used today. The shoes of today are more streamlined and stripped away, due to the popular barefoot/natural mechanics that are being promoted these days. There is less break in time with these shoes, and with players like myself, we like and then possibly need, a stiffer shoe to play in, which makes them more durable than any of those that are offered today. 

Some of us do not like a shoe that is already broken in, or one that allows too much movement. Shoes like that do not leave the foot feeling protected, ala the Kobe low line, and the Adidas Crazy Light lines of which are a little to lean for my tastes.

I love the Reebok Question, Jordan III, IV, XII,  the Adidas Crazy 8, Top Ten 2000's, shoes like that.

They work, period.

Did you not read my response? I said wear what YOU like. I couldn't care less, I see guys in the gym wearing retros all of the time. Most of them are young guys who wear them to be cool. There are legitimate leather performance options out there from other companies out there, that have modern technology, so if that is your thing you could use those. But like I said, there are better options for nearly all players, the only reason you enjoy balling in retros is because you haven't played in anything else, or enjoy the nastalgia .

Did you not read my response? I said wear what YOU like. I couldn't care less, I see guys in the gym wearing retros all of the time. Most of them are young guys who wear them to be cool. There are legitimate leather performance options out there from other companies out there, that have modern technology, so if that is your thing you could use those. But like I said, there are better options for nearly all players, the only reason you enjoy balling in retros is because you haven't played in anything else, or enjoy the nastalgia .
I think the problem we are having is that you did say that I should wear what I like, but at the same time you say,
But like I said, there are better options for nearly all players, the only reason you enjoy balling in retros is because you haven't played in anything else, or enjoy the nastalgia .
You are in no position to tell anyone what may be a better option for them, especially if you do not know what that person's needs, concerns, and preferences are.

I've worn the some of newer options, and they suck in regard to durability, support, and value, and yes, even comfort. My flip flops are comfortable, but I am not going to try and run a full in a pair.

So wear what you like, but don't try and tell me what it is that I should like do to your own preferences, then also telling me why I am only wearing my choices.

Youre taking things way too personal :lol:

Sounding like one of those old heads that cant let the nostalgia go. If youre comfy wearing whatever then thats fine, but italicizing and bolding words to emphasize your point is giving the hint that youre getting highly upset over fairly given opinions.

Sorry to hear that. I don't see how those are contradictory, but if you prefer playing in inferior, clunkier modles that's cool. Some new shoes aren't as good, just like some of the older shoes are okay to play in. Regardless, there is superior technology out now, and that isn't debatable. I don't care what you like to play in, all I'm saying is that there are better modules out now.

Most new "tech" is all gimmicks I agree. Hell I used to play ball in my Black Cat IV's and loved em. Currently usingg KD7's.

"Tech" is all gimmicks, but to totally discredit it is dumb too.

It's pretty common in many sports (not just Basketball) for players to have custom insoles so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see guys playing in retros with different insoles.

Here's a pic from the Lebron 12 thread showing custom insoles.

View media item 1249452
I bet he isn't the only one with them.

Nah custom orthotics in the league is mandatory, even my d1 homies get orthotics.

Youre taking things way too personal
laugh.gif

Sounding like one of those old heads that cant let the nostalgia go. If youre comfy wearing whatever then thats fine, but italicizing and bolding words to emphasize your point is giving the hint that youre getting highly upset over fairly given opinions.
This post is simply a red herring, then also proves that you have no proof of what you were sure of.
Sorry to hear that. I don't see how those are contradictory, but if you prefer playing in inferior, clunkier modles that's cool. Some new shoes aren't as good, just like some of the older shoes are okay to play in. Regardless, there is superior technology out now, and that isn't debatable. I don't care what you like to play in, all I'm saying is that there are better modules out now.
subjective

[ səbˈjektiv ] 

[h4]adjective[/h4]
adjective:  subjective

1. based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions: Contrasted withobjective.

"his views are highly subjective"

synonyms:  personal  · individual  · emotional  · instinctive  · intuitive
It's pretty common in many sports (not just Basketball) for players to have custom insoles so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see guys playing in retros with different insoles.

Here's a pic from the Lebron 12 thread showing custom insoles.

I bet he isn't the only one with them.
Yes, he is wearing them, and the he is also wearing them with the supposed newer and superior models.

If the newer shoes are supposedly more supportive and superior, why the need for added support and comfort?

Plus, that is his sig shoe, which should already work with HIS foot.

But as we saw last year, Nike dropped he ball with a supposed newer and more superior model.  

I don't care what you use, but the retros are lacking in quality and are inferior. You may prefer something, but you are in the minority.

This post is simply a red herring, then also proves that you have no proof of what you were sure of.

subjective

[ səbˈjektiv ] 

[h4]adjective[/h4]

adjective: subjective

1. based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions: Contrasted withobjective.

"his views are highly subjective"

synonyms: personal · individual · emotional · instinctive · intuitive

Yes, he is wearing them, and the he is also wearing them with the supposed newer and superior models.

If the newer shoes are supposedly more supportive and superior, why the need for added support and comfort?

Plus, that is his sig shoe, which should already work with HIS foot.

But as we saw last year, Nike dropped he ball with a supposed newer and more superior model.  

^ What you need to remember is that Nike (and any other shoe manufacturer for that matter) needs to make a shoe that is suitable for the general population; i.e. millions of people's feet, not just one player. If the Lebron 12's came in only Lebron's size and to fit his foot, Nike would sell none.

Remember, the main objective of releasing new shoes is to sell millions of pairs to the general public.

You say "why the need for added support and comfort?'"
If you are a high profile athlete, you will have the resources at the very least to have a custom insole made to suit your foot exactly rather than the general one found in the pair of shoes off the shelf.

No shoe is ever going to suit everyone.

I don't care what you use, but the retros are lacking in quality and are inferior. You may prefer something, but you are in the minority.
According to who?

If I were in the minority, it sure seems that many players in the NBA are wearing them, at both the collegiate and high school levels as well.

So can you please quote the source that says that I am indeed in the minority?
^ What you need to remember is that Nike (and any other shoe manufacturer for that matter) needs to make a shoe that is suitable for the general population; i.e. millions of people's feet, not just one player. If the Lebron 12's came in only Lebron's size and to fit his foot, Nike would sell none.

Remember, the main objective of releasing new shoes is to sell millions of pairs to the general public.

If you are a high profile athlete, you will have the resources at the very least to have a custom insole made to suit your foot exactly rather than the general one found in the pair of shoes off the shelf.

Do you know how LeBron's shoes are made? His shoes are his, which means there is a last used, a mould that is his actual footshape. When his shoes are made, they are to be not only shaped, but cushioned where he needs it most. These are player exclusives, and they are not sold at retail, and the tags say this inside of not only his, but every player exclusive made for each player they are made for.  

It seems as if you do not know this. 

So your comment really isn't accurate, and then incredibly misinformed.
pretty mch every player in the league uses custom insoles in their shoes
Source?

According to who?

If I were in the minority, it sure seems that many players in the NBA are wearing them, at both the collegiate and high school levels as well.

So can you please quote the source that says that I am indeed in the minority?

Do you know how LeBron's shoes are made? His shoes are his, which means there is a last used, a mould that is his actual footshape. When his shoes are made, they are to be not only shaped, but cushioned where he needs it most. These are player exclusives, and they are not sold at retail, and the tags say this inside of not only his, but every player exclusive made for each player they are made for.  

It seems as if you do not know this. 

So your comment really isn't accurate, and then incredibly misinformed.
pretty mch every player in the league uses custom insoles in their shoes
Source?

source? plenty of pics in the past, check auctions and stuff wit game used shoes coming with missing insoles..

if you want do some research most players use custom insoles they swap out everytime they wear new kicks.

Kobe the last few years has used the stock insole from his Kobe line since they are actually very good. He used to do custom insoles as well. its common knowledge in the nba and other leagues.

you can ignore and ask for source all you want :lol:

Cool man, you're right, 20 year old shoes with outdated materials are superior.
Outdated materials? What's that? Are you suggesting that leather is somehow inferior and then of lesser value than plastic?

You must remember, I didn't say that anything was superior, you did.

source? plenty of pics in the past, check auctions and stuff wit game used shoes coming with missing insoles..

if you want do some research most players use custom insoles they swap out everytime they wear new kicks.

Kobe the last few years has used the stock insole from his Kobe line since they are actually very good. He used to do custom insoles as well. its common knowledge in the nba and other leagues.

you can ignore and ask for source all you want
laugh.gif
So I guess the other players who wore Kobe's shoes, used the stock insoles as well, due to Kobe's shoes being so good, right?

You are so transparent.

Everyone wears custom insoles now, unless they wear Kobe Bryant's shoes, because they are that good.

Dude is acting like he has hard evidence as well.

Its all opinion.
laugh.gif
I've never made any unsubstantiated claims in this thread as you have. So what evidence is needed on my behalf?

So again, you made a comment attempting to come off as an expert, and you failed.

Outdated materials? What's that? Are you suggesting that leather is somehow inferior and then of lesser value than plastic?

You must remember, I didn't say that anything was superior, you did.

You are over analyzing everything man. All I said was some of the newer basketball shoes are superior to the RETROS, not even comparing the ogs back in the day. Regardless, there are also other materials for shoes than plastic. Regular leather is used on way if wade shies ( great quality ), engineered mesh is very comfortable and is beginning to be used more widely, as well as varying knits such as flyknit and flyweave. All of which are lighter and can offer better longevity. That combined with superior cushioning such as max zoom, max bags, and lunarlon (when it is not bottomed out) = a better shoe. You can prefer an older model, but don't be ignorant to some of the benefits of newer materials and ideas.

You are over analyzing everything man. All I said was some of the newer basketball shoes are superior to the RETROS, not even comparing the ogs back in the day. Regardless, there are also other materials for shoes than plastic. Regular leather is used on way if wade shies ( great quality ), engineered mesh is very comfortable and is beginning to be used more widely, as well as varying knits such as flyknit and flyweave. All of which are lighter and can offer better longevity. That combined with superior cushioning such as max zoom, max bags, and lunarlon (when it is not bottomed out) = a better shoe. You can prefer an older model, but don't be ignorant to some of the benefits of newer materials and ideas.
No you didn't, now you are changing your tune.
Modern basketball shoes are safer, better cushioned ( usually ), and have just as good support. There is no reason to play in retros other than nostalgia.

i love playing in 9,10,11,12, the 12 is arguable the best jordan to ball in

All I wanna say is this.

Shoe technology evolves just like everything else. It doesn't make sense to wear older technology. Technology isn't just limited to what materials are used, but HOW they are used in the shoe. Shoes these days come with everything, leather, EM, fly knit, fly wire, carbon fibre and the list goes on.

i have no evidence to support this but if I were to guess, I would say that there is more research put into shoes before they're built today than 20-25 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom