NBA Live 08 or NBA 2K8

eaglestg

Banned
Which one is better? Getting it for Christmas so I want to make sure I have the right one. Thanks in advance.
I have a 360 btw.

2k8 no doubt about it. Even though live 08 has improved some, 2k8 is still the better game.

Out of all the 2k fans none ever mention 2k's online lag and frequent disconnections, not to mention finding an opponent that won't give you the"revert to the 2k forum screen of death "

seriously a game that reverts you to a online forum who can't even help you solve the problem? Who does that *Freeway voice*

But over all if you can get past the cheesy online players who quit when you find out their mindless strategy of full court press and swipe at the ball thenswitch to zone while running the fast break to death.

Unstoppable superstars who go on tears like Kobe and Yao.

A stupid rubberband system that has the person who is winning the first quarter 9 times out of ten loses cause team starts missing easy WIDE OPEN layups andjumpers while the opponents are just throwing up stupid **** and scoring. then you're good.

If you have hair when you play this game and don't want your hairline to recede faster than my-T's fade stay away from this game.

Live just might be a P.O.S. but this game is so overhyped you'd wouldn't expect half of the problems that you find out in the game.

Originally Posted by NYC game

Out of all the 2k fans none ever mention 2k's online lag and frequent disconnections, not to mention finding an opponent that won't give you the "revert to the 2k forum screen of death "

seriously a game that reverts you to a online forum who can't even help you solve the problem? Who does that *Freeway voice*

But over all if you can get past the cheesy online players who quit when you find out their mindless strategy of full court press and swipe at the ball then switch to zone while running the fast break to death.

A stupid rubberband system that has the person who is winning the first quarter 9 times out of ten loses cause team starts missing easy WIDE OPEN layups and jumpers while the opponents are just throwing up stupid **** and scoring. then you're good.

If you have hair when you play this game and don't want your hairline to recede faster than my-T's fade stay away from this game.

Live just might be a P.O.S. but this game is so overhyped you'd wouldn't expect half of the problems that you find out in the game.

This dude just salty cause he weak as hell in 2k8. The patch that just came out fixed most of the problems it had. If you don't want to play againstcheese players look at the feedback, or play with people you played with before who are legit. Yea theres a LITTLE lag but what game doesn't? I'm sureLive does. I'm also sure Live has cheesers as well.
eyes.gif

Out of all the 2k fans none ever mention 2k's online lag and frequent disconnections, not to mention finding an opponent that won't give you the "revert to the 2k forum screen of death "

But over all if you can get past the cheesy online players who quit when you find out their mindless strategy of full court press and swipe at the ball then switch to zone while running the fast break to death.

A stupid rubberband system that has the person who is winning the first quarter 9 times out of ten loses cause team starts missing easy WIDE OPEN layups and jumpers while the opponents are just throwing up stupid **** and scoring. then you're good.

I agree with dude all the way that is why i sold game ASAP. This game is suppose to be SIM but when dude are dunking at will and online playerjust force their way into paint and dunk on your entire team you well, I got a little pissed off.. and if you still get it, if your expecting a real game beready to say alot of
"he can never do that" and "yea...okay...."

Word. When I play online I be leading by 15+ and in about the next 4-5 min my team starts missing everything and im down by 5.

Originally Posted by Dipsetallday05

I agree with dude all the way that is why i sold game ASAP. This game is suppose to be SIM but when dude are dunking at will and online player just force their way into paint and dunk on your entire team you well, I got a little pissed off.. and if you still get it, if your expecting a real game be ready to say alot of
"he can never do that" and "yea...okay...."

brother they telling so many half truths in here you would think Kanye west made the game himself
laugh.gif
tell me how does sim = you lead in first 20 minsof the game and all of a sudden by the second quarter you're down by 9 and it always happens, never fails it's like the same game repeated over withdifferent teams. Tell me why if anyone has a problem with this game everybodys biased fanboy opinion on the 2k forums are you just can't play goodD'fense lolroolergigglez. it's like talking to every 15 - 18 year old on nt and iss combined. Don't even let me get started on this one dude onlinewho abuses the hop step move. I mean wth is the point of playing good d or even running a defensive play if all dude needs to do is run to the basket and dothat ugly travelling spin hop step move to get past any and everybody? it got so cheesey to where do was doing it at will and just tossing up any type of layupand scoring. CPU play's d like stuart little without his glasses on. every damn crossover to the baseline staggers the D? 5 ppl on one guy in the lane andhe still hits a circus shot at the end of the buzzer? 2 guards in the face of a three point shot jumping fully extended and still get J'ed? What type ofcrap is this? say what you want about live, I haven't heard anybody doing this in that game.

I must admit that this pisses me off.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

This dude just salty cause he weak as hell in 2k8. The patch that just came out fixed most of the problems it had. If you don't want to play against cheese players look at the feedback, or play with people you played with before who are legit. Yea theres a LITTLE lag but what game doesn't? I'm sure Live does. I'm also sure Live has cheesers as well.
eyes.gif
Salty when 3 ppl here agree with me, you a dummy. must be one of those 15 - 18 yr olds I was talking about. they never have a valid argument it'sjust you can't play or your defense sucks.

This dude just salty cause he weak as hell in 2k8. The patch that just came out fixed most of the problems it had. If you don't want to play against cheese players look at the feedback, or play with people you played with before who are legit. Yea theres a LITTLE lag but what game doesn't? I'm sure Live does. I'm also sure Live has cheesers as well.
eyes.gif
Salty when 3 ppl here agree with me, you a dummy. must be one of those 15 - 18 yr olds I was talking about. they never have a valid argument it's just you can't play or your defense sucks.

I agree with you on some extent. There are still things like the catch-up thing, and a little bit of the superstar on fire stuff. But they fixed a WHOLElot of it with the patch. Before the patch came out, i would have agreed with you, but not so much now.

BTW, those people on 2ksports.com are ******s.
wink.gif

eyes.gif
Salty when 3 ppl here agree with me, you a dummy. must be one of those 15 - 18 yr olds I was talking about. they never have a valid argument it's just you can't play or your defense sucks.

I agree with you on some extent. There are still things like the catch-up thing, and a little bit of the superstar on fire stuff. But they fixed a WHOLE lot of it with the patch. Before the patch came out, i would have agreed with you, but not so much now.

BTW, those people on 2ksports.com are ******s.
wink.gif
If the patch actually fixed anything I would agree with you, but sorry to tell you the patch didn't do anything except lock me out of the game tillI went to the system upgrade and download whatever it is that it's suppsed to fix. LOL if they want to help the only patch they should be making is one tofix the servers garbage connection problems. that will help big time.

^^
I'm not about to qoute all that lol, but there are some things the patch fixed that made the game a lot more enjoyable, like the FT's for instance,that enough is good.

Back
Top Bottom