NBA LIVE 15: PS$ and XB1 released

Let me get a mod to lock this since yall wanna troll lmao. yall one this round imma just enjoy this game regardless

damn you are getting emotional. my goodness. The game just looks ok. that's not a personal attack on you. You didn't create it. It's not 'your baby'. It just looks alright. It has hella visual flaws, and looks stiff af. Not saying it doesnt have some positive too, but it has a long way to go to compete with 2k, even if 2k is getting crappier by the year.
lmao i respect that, but i just lobby hard for what i mess with, just the same way people by doodoo quality jordans every year and I tell them the quality is wack and they tell me im a lame but to each is own.

Well judging by the game play videos, if actual gameplay looks anything like those youtube clips, it does look terrible. Gameplay is choppy, movement just seems so unrealistic.

JBC you gotta chill man. You can't attack everyone that critiques live. Lol

It's that signature EA sports animation. Apparently they do it like that purposefully so that you don't get locked in animations (like say 2K) and actually feel like you're in control but it just makes everything look so unnatural and when it carries over to non player controlled objects it just looks bad and cheap.
just like in fifa, or madden.

Well judging by the game play videos, if actual gameplay looks anything like those youtube clips, it does look terrible. Gameplay is choppy, movement just seems so unrealistic.

JBC you gotta chill man. You can't attack everyone that critiques live. Lol

It's that signature EA sports animation. Apparently they do it like that purposefully so that you don't get locked in animations (like say 2K) and actually feel like you're in control but it just makes everything look so unnatural and when it carries over to non player controlled objects it just looks bad and cheap.
just like in fifa, or madden.
Man, now that I think about it the engine EA uses only really translates on FIFA and NHL. 

Madden's animations are awkward as hell at times, albeit it doesn't suffer is poorly as what we've seen so far from Live.

I thought the team who works on nhl was involved in live as well? NHL is consistently one of the best sports games

This guy on OS said it best:

I think the first thing that I thought after watching several unedited gameplay videos, was that it's the first time in a while (quite a while) that the game doesn't deserve comments like "WTH is that?! Why is that even on next-gen? Why did they even release it???". Not a great game yet, but at least it's a legitimate release (unlike their 2 unreleased ones and last year's title).

Some not-so-realistic aspects, but that's ok, I guess they decided to go with the more "hey it's a video game, let's make it fun" attitude. I think the main issue is that Live 14 was the base, so I'm not sure if animations are ever going to look great on this generation. But at least it's (well, seems like it's) playable and can create some exciting/fun moments.

I'll have to use one of the most over-used (and annoying) phrases used to describe NBA Live on last-gen: It's a step in the right direction.

Honestly, I think if I were still in middle school/high school, I would think this Live was the best basketball out right now :lol: .I just didn't have the same appreciation for sim like basketball back then and I just looked for the fun aspect in a basketball game. Now, I like to try and come as close as possible to duplicating real life basketball. I can't look at those videos and say it reminds me of real life, BUT that's not saying its a bad game. I'm also not saying 2k is absolutely perfect. The more and more I play the game with adjusted sliders, continuous tendencies being worked on, etc., the more I'm enjoying it.

For example:

DC and another guy at OS are working on a new tendency roster and this is the type of stuff that makes video games exciting for me...

And that's CPU vs CPU gameplay footage. No video game is perfect (hence, its a video game), but I'm hoping Live can get to the point where I see more realism out of it. As mentioned before, Live '15 looks to be going in the right direction. So, maybe Live '16 will be THE GAME everyone would love to play and may choose over 2k.

I always thought consumers bought their game of choice due to what catches their interest the most. I'm sure a lot of people love playing against other people online and having a true fun experience without feeling like they have to play sim-like basketball...if thats you, Live is perfect. You cannot force everyone to like a game that's just not their taste. You have some people saying 2k is trash and I think that's laughable. But, that's just their opinion just like I have my own.

Last edited:
That last page.
laugh.gif

2K looks like **** im tired of yall putting that game on a pedestal from a visual standpoint it's not impressive and a clear downgrade from last year. The IQ, arenas, and player model's all look like complete **** in 2K15 idk what the hell some of you are looking at.
i think its due to lack of options..... 2k as a game as it stands alone isnt that impressive of a game. tbh it really hasnt made any strides in a good 3/4 yrs in terms of actual gameplay and overall essence of the game. they have pretty much added bells and whistle aka features like create shoes, different play modes etc..... and handed out the same game. Yea they might have added a new animation hear and there, but as a whole nothing much has really changed.

Even in terms of graphics.... yea they have improved (mostly due to upgraded systems) but hell players still have them dead zombie walking dead eyes, players still move like stringed puppets, the robotic like movement is still there, sweat still looks just like shiny armor all ah something on their bodies, jersey movement in game is off.... I mean yea its a cool game and all but folks act like its on some goty, epic strides in gaming ah something. Its good vast majority because it stands on it own, not because its great THAT it stands on its own ala (like a game like the last of us)

i think its due to lack of options..... 2k as a game as it stands alone isnt that impressive of a game. tbh it really hasnt made any strides in a good 3/4 yrs in terms of actual gameplay and overall essence of the game. they have pretty much added bells and whistle aka features like create shoes, different play modes etc..... and handed out the same game. Yea they might have added a new animation hear and there, but as a whole nothing much has really changed.

Even in terms of graphics.... yea they have improved (mostly due to upgraded systems) but hell players still have them dead zombie walking dead eyes, players still move like stringed puppets, the robotic like movement is still there, sweat still looks just like shiny armor all ah something on their bodies, jersey movement in game is off.... I mean yea its a cool game and all but folks act like its on some goty, epic strides in gaming ah something. Its good vast majority because it stands on it own, not because its great THAT it stands on its own ala (like a game like the last of us)
THANK YOU ! These dudes are really gassed because 2K changed the audio when the ball hits the rim and tweaked the ball physics a little bit. 2K has consistently removed features/ made graphical downgrades from year to year but also made subtle improvements in other areas and their fanboys don't even notice it.

I'm going to buy a PS4 or an Xb0ne to play this game. Do you guys recommend a PS4 for better graphics, or the Xb0ne for the servers and the entertainment features?

Last edited:
Absolutely Mr. Burgundy. EA Basketball games are the first games I've purchased with a new console since Atari 7800. Cute gif, but can you provide some insight on the systems?

Last edited:
Absolutely Mr. Burgundy. EA Basketball games are the first games I've purchased with a new console since Atari 7800. Cute gif, but can you provide some insight on the systems?
Well multiplats do look better on PS4 but the difference is negligible for most games.

DS4 to me feels better in hand than the xbox controller but the same might not ring true for you.

Sony servers are notoriously wonky while xbox servers are pretty ******* solid.

I prefer the xbox UI to the PS4 one.

Games with gold > "free" PS+ games. Games with gold are yours to keep and play forever, even if you no longer have gold. PS+ games require you to have PS+ to play them. No PS+ or internet connection? No playing those games.

Most of NT is on PS so it's easy to find someone to play with at all times.

No really good exclusives yet for either platform. You could say xbox has Halo:MCC but it's just a collection of games that can already be played right now. My excitement for that flew out the window when I realized I already had 3 of those games in the collection and chose not to play them anymore. It's not like the servers went down and forced me to stop. Xbox does have FH2 tho which if you're into racers is a good game. And EA access which gives you early 6 hour trials, a vault of games to play and "discounts" (it's not really a discount if you're paying to have a discount
laugh.gif
) to EA games (like NBA Live) if you actually want to own and not stream from the vault for a fee ($5/month).

PS+ is cheaper than gold.

Xbox has more entertainment features than PS4. Simple things like youtube which I still don't think PS4 has an app for.

There's far more for both consoles I'm forgetting. You should really do some research on both to find which one truly suits you instead of just asking NT. We're not who you're buying it for.

THANK YOU ! These dudes are really gassed because 2K changed the audio when the ball hits the rim and tweaked the ball physics a little bit. 2K has consistently removed features/ made graphical downgrades from year to year but also made subtle improvements in other areas and their fanboys don't even notice it.

That's not true. Most people agree that 2k is far from perfect... Hell I was a little disappointed after copping my ps4 last weekend.

That's not true. Most people agree that 2k is far from perfect... Hell I was a little disappointed after copping my ps4 last weekend.
Sorry but your in the minority my brother. Been playing Live a lot today my trial is almost up. The game is fun as hell and looks good.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]NBA Live 15 Review: Back in the Game | IRB GAMER[/h1]
IRB Gamer:"In the end NBA Live 15 plays different because it is different. Live has earned a great deal of credibility by going back to the drawing board and recreating the authenticity needed to put the franchise back on the map. This is NOT the year to overlook NBA Live. It’s the year to get it!" (NBA LIVE 15, PS4, Xbox One)

3.75/5

Full Review: http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1609993
Reviews are starting to come out.

Last edited:
Lol

Theres no such thing as a loyal live fan. They all jumped ship to 2k

Now live is trying to make a comeback they jumping back

Last edited:
Lol

Theres no such thing as a loyal live fan. They all jumped ship to 2k

Now live is trying to make a comeback they jumping back

so let me get this straight, there are no "loyal live" fans because they play 2k? Live took a couple of years off and then released a crap game. forgive me if i wanted to get my basketball fix by playing 2k.

and i prefer the "hey its a video game" aspect to sports games vs. making it as real as possible. if i want to shamgod with Shawn Bradley, than let me cook.

That review up there is terrible, this guy has the 2K devs schlong's so far down his throat i'm surprised he was able to type of that hot garbage. Stopped reading after he mentioned 2K's ultra smooth gameplay.

I'm a very loyal live fan but 2k was the only party in time for a while and I had to get my fix. I'll check out live this year to see how it feels but I think next yr they will be in real competition to 2k.

I'll be getting this on Tuesday. It has intrigued me enough to get it even though I have 2k. First live I will buy since 2009.

It just doesn't flow smoothly.

I noticed a slight delay when passing the ball. And whenever you get to a certain point in the lane you hit the button and your player most likely does some crazy dunk. I also noticed problems with rebounding, the timing was still off. Players would jump in the wrong direction for a rebound.

It didn't remind me of a sim, more like an arcade game. But oddly enough, the game was still fun. I enjoyed it despite the odd things I noticed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom