NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

The offenses are not close to being the same. just cause they're both high paced does not make them relative.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

in the end players in the nba win championships.
well if thats the case then if a team with JJ, Amare, Matrix, and Nash cant win a championship in that system then the Knicks stand zero chance because there is no way you will build a team like that.

and what about lebron?
grin.gif

anyone gona say d'antoni can never win a title in that situation? no.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

well if thats the case then if a team with JJ, Amare, Matrix, and Nash cant win a championship in that system then the Knicks stand zero chance because there is no way you will build a team like that.

and what about lebron?
grin.gif

too bad you wont be getting him......

and Lebron and a bunch of trash with be no better than what the Cavs are now.

the nba still hasn't figured the system out. knicks scored plenty this year
and still won what, 30 games. The system doesnt work for winning championships. Sure, if you love to win a ton of games in the regular season, and get your heart broken every year in the playoffs then go right ahead. You can get in line with Cavs fans.
if im correct, you're a bulls fan? you guys only won i believe 41 games?
how come you guys won about 10 more games then us, but with so much more talent, including one ROY.
btw, if mike brown can "coach" that cavs team to the ECF, imagine what mike can do.
clippers are having a really productive offseason. nice.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Rasoul Butler to the Clips for a 2nd rd pick. Hornets save about 4M

eek.gif

@ the fact that they let Butler go for a 2nd pick. He was pretty solid for his size and shooting ability.

Originally Posted by BangDak

the nba still hasn't figured the system out. knicks scored plenty this year
and still won what, 30 games. The system doesnt work for winning championships. Sure, if you love to win a ton of games in the regular season, and get your heart broken every year in the playoffs then go right ahead. You can get in line with Cavs fans.
if im correct, you're a bulls fan? you guys only won i believe 41 games?
how come you guys won about 10 more games then us, but with so much more talent, including one ROY.

no, dont even know how you came to that conclusion
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

if it wasnt for robert horry being a douche, he'd have 1 already.

mike d'antoni is in the upper tier of coaches in the league, really no way around it.

bwahahahahahaha

please, let me know who's better.

shoes entertained me last year with the thought of mike woodson....

and if you think what d'antoni and donnie nelson do is remotely the same, i can't even disucss anything further. that is a joke, sorry.
laugh.gif
C'mon my dude. You can't discuss further becauseyou can't bring a valid point in distinguishing them. They share virtually the same philosophy. I promise you.

What's the big difference between Nellie Ball and his Dallas Mavs teams and D'Antoni's PHX team?

They both were fast-paced offenses that relied heavily upon more athletic players who can create mismatches by outrunning their opponents. All while shooting aton of 3's as well.

What's the big difference? Enlighten please.

if it wasnt for robert horry being a douche, he'd have 1 already.

mike d'antoni is in the upper tier of coaches in the league, really no way around it.

that was in game 5 of the 2nd round, #$%# out of here with that. they still had a shot to win game 6 and 7 if they was the better team and sorry they where notthe better team. They owned the suns in the Regular season and nothing in that playoffs was going to change it.

O and the Utah jazz which the Spurs played in the West Finals had no problem beating the suns that season so what would of made them a lock to get pass them?

D'Antoni is a gimmick coach just like Don Nelson. That small ball, 7 seconds in the shot clock offense does not win championships and never will win championships.
QFT

and what about lebron?
grin.gif

I will. I not scared. Mike and Bron very well could go on without titles, wouldn't shock me at all

btw, if mike brown can "coach" that cavs team to the ECF, imagine what mike can do.
I think Ive got a good idea considering what he did with a loaded Suns team all those years in the playoffs.

This has become a really good discussion though. Its very rare that happens on NT

Originally Posted by CP1708

and what about lebron?
grin.gif

I will. I not scared. Mike and Bron very well could go on without titles, wouldn't shock me at all

geico-caveman-relaxing.jpg

all coachs im taken over D'antoni
Coach Pop
Jackson
Stan Van gundy
Larry brown
Coach Karl
Sloan
Rick Adelman
Nate McMillan
Rick Carlisle

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by CP1708

and what about lebron?
grin.gif

geico-caveman-relaxing.jpg

roll.gif

Nellie and D'Antoni have different offenses.

They aren't the same.

If so, then Nash woulda been an MVP like player w/ the Mavs.

It's not worth discussing cause yall are just lookin at it on the surface.

ie do jt3 and tony bennett run the same stuff just cause they slow things down? NO.

the most blatant part of it is d'antoni's offense is predicated on ball movement while Nelson right now runs iso's all game long.

The #1 factor for d'antoni is the ball can never stop moving and it must result in a good shot.

now how many times have we seen a gsw player force up a bad shot, the floor is never spaced well and it's often cleared out to one side. that does nothappen with d'antoni.

A player like Ai will find more success under nelson, a player like steve nash will be better suited under d'antoni.

Nelson's guys just run and get by on being athletes and use that to their advantage right now....d'antoni's system at it's foundation is thepick and roll with a spread floor.

.and d'antoni has been opposed to playing bigs, since?

but hey, the princeton offense utilizes the 3 ball a ton, too. they gota be the same.

at the end of the day its still

D'Antoni is a gimmick coach just like Don Nelson.
and like i have always said D'Antoni will never win a ring unless he has a elite superstar to cover up his mistakes

and when is the last time a Coach that preach pretty much NO defense in any sport won a title?

Clippers Get Rasual Butler From Hornets

Aug 12, 2009 1:14 PM EST

Butler_Rasual_noh.jpg
The Hornets have traded Rasual Butler to the Clippers in exchange for a future second-round pick, according to sources.

The trade is expected to be officially announced on Wednesday afternoon.

Butler will earn $3.9 million in 2009-10, and the move will allow New Orleans to save close to $8 million when luxury tax implications are taken into account.

Via ESPNhttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61101/20090812/clippers_get_rasual_butler_from_hornets/

there is nothing gimmicky about the offense.

they've been stressing defense this summer anyway. toney douglas was drafted because he can play both ways. it's not like he doesn't understanddefense is needed, or else why bring in kurt thomas and raja bell?

suns were in the middle of the league when they had their run, anyway. in 06-07 they were 12th in the nba in defensive efficency.

Don't know if anyone cares

Clippers Get Rasual Butler From Hornets

ESPN - 08/12 - 1:14 PM EST (AP Photo)

The Hornets have traded Rasual Butler to the Clippers in exchange for a future second-round pick, according to sources.
The trade is expected to be officially announced on Wednesday afternoon.
Butler will earn $3.9 million in 2009-10, and the move will allow New Orleans to save close to $8 million when luxury tax implications are taken into account.

Edit- nvm someone posted the info already.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

at the end of the day its still

D'Antoni is a gimmick coach just like Don Nelson.
and like i have always said D'Antoni will never win a ring unless he has a elite superstar to cover up his mistakes

and when is the last time a Coach that preach pretty much NO defense in any sport won a title?
thats what I was going to post

Back
Top Bottom