NBA Pre-Draft Measurements and Combine Results

If Mayo isn't available to the Grizzlies, then I'm happy to grab Love off the board. I don't understand why so many people are down on him, I guessbecause he is about fundamentals. As long as he puts up numbers and win games, I could care-less of how flashy he is. It's funny how he had the samevertical as Beasley though and people thought he wasn't athletic.
roll.gif

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeAndre-Jordan-1072/DeAndre Jordan came in an inch short at 6-11, but has an outrageous 7-6 wingspan and 9-5 ½ standing reach that more than compensates. He jumpedpoorly at 30.5 inches, lifted the bar 8 times, and ran the drills in 12.3 and 3.27 seconds.

Wasn't Deandre Jordan supposed to be the next Dwight with his rare athleticism?

I knew Donte Green wasnt 6-11 like some sites would list him as. Pretty weak vert for Green at 31.5

Demarcus Nelson, 6-1? Damn, correct me if im wrong but didnt he play the forward spot at times for Duke?

A lot 40 inch verts this year. Also seems more guys skipped out on the agility, jumping tests this year then years past. I wanted to see Giddens'vert.
ohwell.gif

came out a bit shorter than advertised, at just 6-1 ½ in shoes and 6-2 ½ in
this brings down the rose hype imo.... i mean the talk was how atheltic he was for his size, and how his size was gonna be a huge matchup problemfor all other pg's in the league.... hes not even 6'3... sooo do other people think the same way... i mean he is still gonna be good, but this makes mefeel he is now overhyped and now beasley should def be taken #1

Originally Posted by commodity05

came out a bit shorter than advertised, at just 6-1 ½ in shoes and 6-2 ½ in
this brings down the rose hype imo.... i mean the talk was how atheltic he was for his size, and how his size was gonna be a huge matchup problem for all other pg's in the league.... hes not even 6'3... sooo do other people think the same way... i mean he is still gonna be good, but this makes me feel he is now overhyped and now beasley should def be taken #1

Doesn't matter...he's still better than DJ Augustin.

laugh.gif
You seriously have to take these max verts and lane agility drillsinto proper context.

I mean a guy like Luke Jackson(2004 Draft class) had a solid max vert and agility drill times. Hell, he had better max vert and and lane drill time than AndreIguodala. But I mean it's was obvious he was not in the same stratosphere as Iggy athletically from just watching them play.

Its just like the NFL combine, the size measurements are the only super important thing.
I have said from day one that Mike Beasley wont be able to guard a 3

like gunna said, sixers should move up for Oj mayo.

miller/lou will
mayo
iggy/young
evans
idc who plays center for us

that is one freakishly athletic squad

Whenever I saw Billy and Beastly on the court together, I always thought Billy might be a little taller if not the same height.

I could care less how tall Rose is. 6-2 for a PG is just fine. Plus, his in-game athleticsm is unmatched for people that size. Kid is bulked up nice and shouldbe able to take contact. I really want to see him running the point for our Bulls.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

whoever takes ewing jr. will be a very smart team.

I agree, I'm a fan mainly cause Ewing Sr. is my favorite player, but I also love PE Jr.'s game. I wish the Knicks had a 2nd round pick.

lol I wanted to hate Ewing Jr because I thought it was kinda lame that he also played at Georgetown.. Then during pre-game when I saw that he wasn'tstarting, I knew he only got on because of his father's name..
Then I watched him play and became an instant fan.. Ewing Jr is gonna be a good player in the L! He does so many winning things for his team and I can see himbeing a lock-down defender.. I'm glad he's his own man and his game won't draw comparisons to his pop's..

Ewing Jr
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its just like the NFL combine, the size measurements are the only super important thing.
I have said from day one that Mike Beasley wont be able to guard a 3

As i have said too...he will HAVE to play the 4...and it could work for the right uptempo team HINT Sonics
imagine that line up Durant 6'8", Green 6'8 and Beasley 6'8
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Skip0011

at 6'8 240, ewing can only bench 185 twice?

that seems pretty weak...

At 9.4% bf too. If he gets on an NBA weight program and improves his strength and diet, it makes me think that he could be a really good value in thesecond round.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im scared of Beasley's height.
Im thinkin Marcus Fizer ....

I sure hope not tho

Nah son, Fizer was like 6'5. Plus his game is different. Fizer ain't have the range that Beasley has.

O I know he got way more outside skill than Fizer, but Fizer had a serious post game in college. I thought Fizer was 6'8 tho?
I meant outcome could be Fizer.
U gotta be some on other level to play PF at under 6'8.
How many short College PFs who were beasts in school has the NBA exposed?? ( Fizer, Byron Houston (
laugh.gif
), Corliss...)

Marcus Fizer? C'mon, Fool.
laugh.gif
Man, that's just the'they both light skin brothas, and slightly undersized powerforwards' comparison. Because the skill sets aren't even comparable.

Fizer's game was extremly limited from about 10-15 feet away from the basket...Beasley has a ridiculously diverse skillset and can literally score anywhereon the floor. He can stroke the NBA 3, he can put in the floor. Has a killer face up game, and a compentant back to the basket game. They're also NIGHT ANDDAY in terms of athletism. There's a sizeable rebounding advantage as well in Beasley's favor.

Beasley gained his potential star reputation standing in only one season. There's a world of differencebetween 23 and 7 as a junior (Fizer) and 26 and 12 as a freshman(Beasley).

Beasley is alot closer to being the next Charles Barkley than Marcus Fizer.

these results generally mean very little.

joey graham was the top overall athlete in his class according to the combine.

Back
Top Bottom