NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

I'm not high minded enough to argue any of those points / most of what you post in general.

I'm just one of those "regular folks" you mentioned.

Couldn't even tell you who Glen Loury is and definitely not concerned with what White Conservatives are doing.

Lamont Hill is a buffoon IMHO and while its true that he may have had negative personal experiences with Cosby - others have had negative personal experiences with him.

To the larger point its just him taking a dig on Cosby...who cares? Hills personal experiences with Cosby do not negate what Cosby did for decades for Black people.

The bottom line for me is authority w/o accountability is failure.

If we have the authority to make decisions then so too must we be held accountable for said decisions.

We cant "white man" our way out of this.

BTW - Rev Dr MLK's message from Boondocks came from The Last Poets...not BS at all, at least to me.

"&^%$ are Scared of Revolution"

Last edited:
Eh.

I can see where he is coming from regardless of who funded what and why.

The truth is the truth no matter who tells it. Same for lies.

In my mind Cosby was looking at us going down instead of up and was furious / not trying to hear any excuses. Especially from Men.

Cant say he's wrong when the numbers cant be explained any other way.

We (as a whole) were better off in many ways when he came up than we were in the 90s.

For me it all starts and ends with the Black family...meaning husband, wife, and children.

Sure socio-economic problems, drugs, cops, racism, welfare, employment, etc. were used against us but what's that compared to what our ancestors faced...and they managed to stick together through all of that.

When wasn't the "institution" against us in this nation?

If we know what the traps are, where they are, and who set them - then how can we keep falling into them and still blame the trapper?

That's what the trapper is supposed to do...we the fools who keep going for it.

How we more mad at Cosby than the people setting the traps?

It IS a lack of morals.

It IS a lack of cultural / life values.

There were PLENTY of Black folks who didn't rock with MLK or Malcolm X either. Doesn't mean they were wrong.

We cant keep going like this. We cant be so insecure that nobody cant tell us nothing.

Especially someone like Cosby who certainly gave more of his money and time to the advancement of Black people than most ever will.

Not gonna lie - I didn't like what he said or how he said it either...but my pants were sagging at the time too.

Hit dogs gonna holler.

Reminds me of that Boondocks skit from 10 years ago....

And racist housing laws and public housing is what broke up the black family.

The impacts of slavery weren't completely wiped out just because it was outlawed, same with Jim Crow.

You make it hard for a group of people to obtain wealth, education, and the "American Dream" for 400 years and then expect them to somehow pull themselves out of poverty with a lack of resources is wild.

How many years has the black man/woman been an equal to their white counter parts in this country?

And racist housing laws and public housing is what broke up the black family.

The impacts of slavery weren't completely wiped out just because it was outlawed, same with Jim Crow.

You make it hard for a group of people to obtain wealth, education, and the "American Dream" for 400 years and then expect them to somehow pull themselves out of poverty with a lack of resources is wild.

How many years has the black man/woman been an equal to their white counter parts in this country?

That's actually not true...it was a choice.

The destruction of the black family is on us and only us...again, accountability.

Black people have more opportunities now than ever before.

Public Housing? Racist Housing Laws? Word?

The numbers don't lie...single parent households are worse today in 2022 (80%) than it was back then in the 1986 (60%).

Straight from the "horses" mouth:

"I wouldn't want no man holding me down."

"Male figures are not substantially important in the family."

The first 60 seconds says it all...lost values Fam.

Last edited:
That's actually not true...it was a choice.

The destruction of the black family is on us and only us...again, accountability.

Black people have more opportunities now than ever before.

Public Housing? Racist Housing Laws? Word?

The numbers don't lie...single parent households are worse today in 2022 (80%) than it was back then in the 1986 (60%).

Straight from the "horses" mouth:

"I wouldn't want no man holding me down."

"Male figures are not substantially important in the family."

The first 60 seconds says it all...lost values Fam.

By 1986 the damage was already done. That clip right there is already 2-3 generations worth of damage.

How was it a choice on where you were to live? The government literally didn’t allow black people to live other places.

On top of that you have the zoning of schools and funding, public schools money comes from tax paying dollars if all the black kids live in a low socio economic area their school isn’t getting the resources to an equitable education.

So not only are we forced to live in poverty and removed from the opportunity to own homes, we also receive a worst education.

You have to zoom out and look at the big picture

Last edited:
By 1986 the damage was already done. That clip right there is already 2-3 generations worth of damage.

How was it a choice on where you were to live? The government literally didn’t allow black people to live other places.

On top of that you have the zoning of schools and funding, public schools money comes from tax paying dollars if all the black kids live in a low socio economic area their school isn’t getting the resources to an equitable education.

So not only are we forced to live in poverty and removed from the opportunity to own homes, we also receive a worst education.

You have to zoom out and look at the big picture

Even if I give you that (and spot you the War on Drugs + Welfare)...

What's our excuse in 2022 Fam?

When is it our time to be accountable for our actions?

Another 50 maybe 100 years?

We don't have that kind of time my G.

Bill Cosby was shouting this stuff out back in the 90's (not saying I agree with the delivery) and its only gotten worse since then.

What's it gonna take to say enough is enough?

This is a personal responsibility thing - over half of black men in the US are single and childless while 80% of our babies are born to single mothers...many of which have college degrees but our sons cant read.

What does any of that have to do with white folks / the Government in 2022?

All the facts are here:

Even if I give you that (and spot you the War on Drugs + Welfare)...

What's our excuse in 2022 Fam?

When is it our time to be accountable for our actions?

Another 50 maybe 100 years?

We don't have that kind of time my G.

Bill Cosby was shouting this stuff out back in the 90's (not saying I agree with the delivery) and its only gotten worse since then.

What's it gonna take to say enough is enough?

This is a personal responsibility thing - over half of black men in the US are single and childless while 80% of our babies are born to single mothers...many of which have college degrees but our sons cant read.

What does any of that have to do with white folks / the Government in 2022?

All the facts are here:

Im all for the personal responsibility aspect. It has its place. However, lets not act like white folks are some beacon of personal responsibility out here :lol: I'd argue they're worse if anything lol.

Furthermore, if we're to take your argument at face value, you cant seriously believe that personal responsibility is in any way correlated with the color of ones skin. If black folks are lacking in personal responsibility then it has to be due to other factors than just being black. Thats where you're argument kinda falls apart for me.

Im all for the personal responsibility aspect. It has its place. However, lets not act like white folks are some beacon of personal responsibility out here :lol: I'd argue they're worse if anything lol.

Furthermore, if we're to take your argument at face value, you cant seriously believe that personal responsibility is in any way correlated with the color of ones skin. If black folks are lacking in personal responsibility then it has to be due to other factors than just being black. Thats where you're argument kinda falls apart for me.

Bruh!

I never said or even implied any of that - at all, in any, way, shape, or form. :lol:

b30.jpg

What I so often witness is when someone calls out an issue within the black community there is always someone who comes in and says it's some external factors that caused said issue to happen. Granted there are numerous external factors that caused some of the issues that we deal with, but lets not act as if some of these issues aren't self inflicted. At what point does accountability come into play?

What I so often witness is when someone calls out an issue within the black community there is always someone who comes in and says it's some external factors that caused said issue to happen. Granted there are numerous external factors that caused some of the issues that we deal with, but lets not act as if some of these issues aren't self inflicted. At what point does accountability come into play?

You know how it is Fam...some folks prefer reducing everything down to a false dichotomy with a complete disregard to logic or reason.

Black People are accountable for their own decisions.

... So what you're saying is systemic racism doesn't exist? During Black History Month too! How dare you!!!

Either you believe external factors are the cause of black peoples problems or you believe internal factors are the cause of black peoples problems!!!

Pick a side and argue about it.

Its more fun this way! :lol:

You know how it is Fam...some folks prefer reducing everything down to a false dichotomy with a complete disregard to logic or reason.

Black People are accountable for their own decisions.

... So what you're saying is systemic racism doesn't exist? During Black History Month too! How dare you!!!

Either you believe external factors are the cause of black peoples problems or you believe internal factors are the cause of black peoples problems!!!

Pick a side and argue about it.

Its more fun this way! :lol:

But what caused the internal issues? The whole "personal accountability" angle sounds just as fake smart and elitist as when Bill Cosby says it which is where this whole conversation stemmed from in the first place.

To take that stance you have to be willing to ignore all history, child developmental psychology, basic economics, and criminology.

Ok well, let me ask you, why are black folks lacking personal responsibility in your opinion?

65a2f372e3350132192ee35994fbe28e.jpg

What I said:

If we have the authority to make decisions then so too must we be held accountable for said decisions.

What you said:

why are black folks lacking personal responsibility.

My argument (for lack of a better word) has nothing to do with the notion that "black folks lack personal responsibility".

It is not me who needs to answer that question because I haven't put forth the narrative that we aren't accountable.

I said / my opinion is: "The destruction of the black family is on us and only us...again, accountability."

Others have come to the conclusion that its "the Government, racism, white folks, etc." that prevents us from being accountable.

I do not share that view.

Might want to ask them "why are black folks lacking personal responsibility."

I'd like to know too.

Of course the war on drugs, racist laws, incarceration, etc. had a HUGE negative impact on us...but those numbers have been going down since 2001...while the number of unmarried black men has steadily climbed.

The narrative that "all the Black men are locked up so we cant get married" / "aint no good Black men cause left so we cant get married " is false!

The majority of Black men are single and childless Fam.

War-on-Drugs-and-Marriage (1).jpg

For me at least, when it comes to family its a personal choice to decide to have sex with a woman, have one or multiple babies, with one or multiple women, and have them out here as single mothers.

White folks have no impact on who I have sex with or whether or not I wear a condom or go raw, or if I get a woman or multiple women pregnant, or if a Black Baby is born or aborted, or if I get married to a Black Woman or not, or if a Black woman wants / chooses to be a single mother of one or multiple kids by one or multiple different men, or if a Black woman marries a Black Man etc. etc.

But what caused the internal issues? The whole "personal accountability" angle sounds just as fake smart and elitist as when Bill Cosby says it which is where this whole conversation stemmed from in the first place.

To take that stance you have to be willing to ignore all history, child developmental psychology, basic economics, and criminology.

The facts do not support this narrative.

Is it your position that Black people having personal accountability is an "angle"?

With that mindset nothing in the black community changes. It'll always be the high numbers of children born to single parent homes, black women not marrying, and black on black crime. This it'll always be someone else's fault. Personal Accountability is taking an assessment of what the major problems are in the black community and addressing them. Not brushing them to the side under the guise of external factors.

Last edited:
The facts do not support this narrative.

Is it your position that Black people having personal accountability is an "angle"?

What facts don't support my statement?

Home ownership is an avenue to obtaining wealth in this country yes or no? Legislature by the government was created to prevent black people from owning homes in the early 1900's LONG before the War on Drugs you love to quote and reference.

So black people were prevented from owning homes that's 1.

All public education is not created equal. Schools are still to this day zoned and divided among income and racial lines and since by a vast majority of black people are not wealthy you have the rich in school with the rich and the poor in school with the poor. As a result rich suburban schools receive more funding which means they can pay teachers more, pay more for resources which include new technologies, textbooks etc.

Unequal education that's 2.

So we have a lack of wealth + lack of education = poverty

We all know poverty comes with higher rate of crime, drug use, broken homes etc.

This s*** isn't rocket science. You have 2-3 generations of a family living in poverty where are the children going to learn to take "PeRsONal AcCounTaBiLiTy" from?

Are we going to act like a child's environment has no impact on their ability to learn as well?

Y'all can't be this dense ain no way lmao.

65a2f372e3350132192ee35994fbe28e.jpg

What I said:

What you said:

why are black folks lacking personal responsibility.

My argument (for lack of a better word) has nothing to do with the notion that "black folks lack personal responsibility".

It is not me who needs to answer that question because I haven't put forth the narrative that we aren't accountable.

I said / my opinion is: "The destruction of the black family is on us and only us...again, accountability."

Others have come to the conclusion that its "the Government, racism, white folks, etc." that prevents us from being accountable.

I do not share that view.

Might want to ask them "why are black folks lacking personal responsibility."

I'd like to know too.

Of course the war on drugs, racist laws, incarceration, etc. had a HUGE negative impact on us...but those numbers have been going down since 2001...while the number of unmarried black men has steadily climbed.

The narrative that "all the Black men are locked up so we cant get married" / "aint no good Black men cause left so we cant get married " is false!

The majority of Black men are single and childless Fam.

War-on-Drugs-and-Marriage (1).jpg

For me at least, when it comes to family its a personal choice to decide to have sex with a woman, have one or multiple babies, with one or multiple women, and have them out here as single mothers.

White folks have no impact on who I have sex with or whether or not I wear a condom or go raw, or if I get a woman or multiple women pregnant, or if a Black Baby is born or aborted, or if I get married to a Black Woman or not, or if a Black woman wants / chooses to be a single mother of one or multiple kids by one or multiple different men, or if a Black woman marries a Black Man etc. etc.

When you point out all these failings and proceed to talk about accountability the implication is that lack of accountability is a root of these issues, or that greater personal accountability is a solution. Perhaps I am connecting dots you didnt intend to have connected. Let me rephrase. These stats you keep throwing out, the ills of black society in america. your claims that the black family has been/is destroyed. What is the root of these issues in your opinion?

While we are on the subject of the 1994 Crime Bill / Government...

Fun Fact - Mfume, and the entire leadership of the Congressional Black Caucus of the 103rd Congress, voted for it.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1994/roll416.xml

How did the CBC Vote on Nixon's 1970 War on Drugs?​

The CBC actually didn't exist until a year later but this is how the founding members voted who were eligible to vote at the time...

H.R. 18583, COMPREHENSIVE DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL ACT OF 1970 voting record for the Founding Members of the Congressional Black Caucus - Est 1971

Shirley Chisholm - Yea
Ron Dellums - N/A
Ralph Metcalfe - N/A
Charles Rangel - N/A
Bill Clay - Nay
Charles Diggs - No Vote
Parren Mitchell - NA
Louis Stokes - No Vote
George W. Collins - N/A
Walter Fauntroy - N/A
Robert N.C. Nix, Sr. - Yea
John Conyers - Nay
Augustus F. Hawkins - No Vote

These things aren't as simple a "black / white".

There were PLENTY of Black Folks cheering for these laws to be passed whether they knew / cared about the impacts or not.

We are not a homogenous group...we are as diverse as any other.

What facts don't support my statement?

Home ownership is an avenue to obtaining wealth in this country yes or no? Legislature by the government was created to prevent black people from owning homes in the early 1900's LONG before the War on Drugs you love to quote and reference.

So black people were prevented from owning homes that's 1.

All public education is not created equal. Schools are still to this day zoned and divided among income and racial lines and since by a vast majority of black people are not wealthy you have the rich in school with the rich and the poor in school with the poor. As a result rich suburban schools receive more funding which means they can pay teachers more, pay more for resources which include new technologies, textbooks etc.

Unequal education that's 2.

So we have a lack of wealth + lack of education = poverty

We all know poverty comes with higher rate of crime, drug use, broken homes etc.

This s*** isn't rocket science. You have 2-3 generations of a family living in poverty where are the children going to learn to take "PeRsONal AcCounTaBiLiTy" from?

Are we going to act like a child's environment has no impact on their ability to learn as well?

Y'all can't be this dense ain no way lmao.

"To take that stance you have to be willing to ignore all history, child developmental psychology, basic economics, and criminology."

The fact is have not "ignored" any of that.

Two (or more) things can be true at the same time.

When you point out all these failings and proceed to talk about accountability the implication is that lack of accountability is a root of these issues, or that greater personal accountability is a solution. Perhaps I am connecting dots you didnt intend to have connected. Let me rephrase. These stats you keep throwing out, the ills of black society in america. your claims that the black family has been/is destroyed. What is the root of these issues in your opinion?

What is the root of these issues in your opinion?

Basically its Lost Values.

IMHO wealth starts and ends with strong family units...its the foundation of everything.

You can pump all the money you want into the Black Community but without strong family units it will leave just as fast.

No inheritance, no kids to pass anything down to, etc.

Economics / wealth cannot take the place of spirituality, family, health, appearance (how we present ourselves to the World), etc. - its actually the other way around.

I didn't "claim" the Black Family is being destroyed.

Its the freaking Census Bureau Fam...unless anyone else has a better source?

Marriage-Statistics-by-Race-1.png

As long as this chart is accurate - don't talk to me about white folks.

I'm not comparing black people to anyone or anything else - no whataboutisms over here.

"Yeah - but white folks are doing it too" = not concerned with what White folks are doing.

"Yeah - but white folks are racist" = not concerned with what White folks are doing.

"Yeah - but white folks got the power" = not concerned with what White folks are doing.

We cant do anything about "White Folks".

We already tried that with the Civil Rights movement.

Integration had a worse effect on us than all the Crime / Drug Laws put together IMHO.

I believe my people can succeed through all the best laid traps / carefully made plans.

I aint worried about what we cant do.

I'm focused on what we can do.

IMHO the negative reaction to even the mere thought that we as a people could ever have even the slightest modicum of accountability for anything - even in this thread - is really eye opening, and sad.

Apparently White folks cant stop us from having kids but the can stop us from getting married.

The average income for Black Men in this nation is a little over 50k, while the average for Black women is around 40K.

Together that's 90K - more than enough to make it in a lot of places (without Only Fans or Scamming).

We don't have to live like this.

IMHO - Once Black Men and Black Women figure out how to work together, get our values back, and create strong families again- its over!

The Black Family is the foundation of our success.

Once our house is in order aint nothing we cant do.

Last edited:
White folks have no impact on who I have sex with or whether or not I wear a condom or go raw,
Where will someone who isn't taught sex ed at home learn it?
In school, if their school has the budget to hire someone who will give them those lessons.

Where will someone who isn't taught personal finance at home learn it?
In school, if they have the budget for the class/teacher.

How are American schools funded?

In school, if their school has the budget to hire someone who will give them those lessons.

Where would someone learn how to use condoms?

For real?

Ignorance is and has always been expensive.

These days there's the internet.

Its not anyone else's responsibility to teach our Black babies what they need to know to survive out here but our own, as their parents / family.

Not sure public school funding has anything to do with sexual activity / financial illiteracy.

IMHO - these things are a parents responsibility to teach to their kids (not only by words but actions).

If the school teaches it too then all the better.

At any rate...

I don't know about you but "I'm broke with 5 kids and 4 Baby Mommas because my district's school system wasn't funded properly" sounds weird.

This is a BS argument. Information about sex ed is readily available for anyone to access. In this age of information no can use that excuse of ignorance. You're still trying to separate action from consequence. No posturing about racism and discrimination can change the facts. The major problems plaguing the black community are of our own making. White people ain't responsible for our broken homes.

And the excuses keep on trickling in 🙄. This ain't some 3rd world country. The fact that some of yall think internet access isn't available to the masses is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom