NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

Your area arguing against a strawman, and not engaging honestly with what people are arguing

As I said, you can hold individuals accountable for their actions, fine, but doing it on a macro level is at best silly and at worst racist

I said Black people are accountable for their own decisions.

If that makes me a "racist" or "silly" in your opinion then I'm cool with that.

I said Black people are accountable for their own decisions.

If that makes me a "racist" or "silly" in your opinion then I'm cool with that.
And I said it is fine to hold a black person accountable for their actions.

But the way you are trying to apply it on a macro level, and the about of handwaving and shaky reasoning you are using to make those arguments is problematic

Pretty sure I took issue with your arguments and didn't call you a racist directly.

But to be honest, I don't think you are here for a good-faith discussion anyway. So feel how you want famb.

Insults does nothing to further this conversation. This is my point. Whenever a legitimate point is brought up here come those people questioning your blackness or your manhood because the conversation makes you uncomfortable.
You call them insults I call it the truth.

A hit dog will holler.

Aint like y'all ****** providing any solutions.

And it's usually the same ones I'm noticing.

A hit dog will holler.

First ones to say black people NEED to do better but what are they doing to benefit the community?

Are they spending time with the youth? Are they donating their time, energy or resources in any way outside of just saying "be accountable".

The reason I asked about their demographics and education level because there is no way anyone who has been around the black people they have such strong opinions about and can make those statements.

Sound like something you'd hear from a conservative white person or the token black kid.

A hit dog will holler.

Ah yes, the infamous Zik sarcasm! It's always a pattern with you:

1.) Enter discussion with a sarcastic comment.

2.) Double down on initial comment.

3.) Push back when comment is challenge.

4.) Bog down thread with endless drivel.

5.) Find new thread and refer back to #1.

Relevance?

First ones to say black people NEED to do better but what are they doing to benefit the community?

Are they spending time with the youth? Are they donating their time, energy or resources in any way outside of just saying "be accountable".

The reason I asked about their demographics and education level because there is no way anyone who has been around the black people they have such strong opinions about and can make those statements.

Sound like something you'd hear from a conservative white person or the token black kid.

What's the solution to broken homes / single parent households?

Same as it always was since the beginning of time.

Same solution for everyone no matter their skin color, income level, or education.

Marry before you carry / if you carry get married.

Take care of your family.

Wear Condoms / Practice Safe Sex.

Don't have unprotected sex with random people you don't know.

Use Birth Control.

If you decide to engage in unprotected sex then you are accountable for your decisions.

Be Responsible.

Etc.

Basically common sense.

"there is no way anyone who has been around the black people they have such strong opinions about and can make those statements".

This is just sad man - what "statements" are you talking about?

What impact does mine, yours, or anyone else's community outreach resume, personal / family business, or feelings, have on this?

Who cares who you or I are or where we came from?

Is it the truth or not?

Having common sense = we gotta be "a conservative white person or the token black kid"?

What that saying about Black people?

Last edited:
It's always just an argument when it comes to the topic of how the Black community can improve on here. Someone says we should hold ourselves accountable and their called uncle toms and raccoons and racist but then what is your solution on improving our status in society? What are concrete steps that can be taken?

This proves that you live in an echo chamber. If you think these are only talking points manufactured from conservatives/rightwingers then you don't know much about black people as a whole. But since you asked. Yes. I am black and a registered democrat. I earned a bachelor's degree from Dillard University and I've lived in New Orleans my whole life. Now am I qualified enough to speak on issues that affect black people?

Dont just say that. Always expound. Why is it bad advice to marry the father of your child?
Because marriages should be built upon something more substantial than cumming inside someone.

If you're marrying someone just because you got them pregnant, you're building on sand.

It's entirely possible to co-parent effectively without being married.

Not sure how that needed further explanation.

Because marriages should be built upon something more substantial than cumming inside someone.

If you're marrying someone just because you got them pregnant, you're building on sand.

So, we just continue to advocate for more broken families? This can't be the answer.

But that's the problem Present posted. Why dont black men and women get married BEFORE having a child?

A married couple raising kids will and should be more preferable than co-parenting.

How do we get black men and black women to marry each other more? Society rewards people for getting married. I read an article the other day that it's expensive to be single.

could-should.jpg

If you want something "more substantial" then why you "inside someone" raw when you know darn well your pull out game is trash?

Last edited:
So, we just continue to advocate for more broken families? This can't be the answer.
Lol who said that? Sounds like a strawman.

If you think "marry the person you cum inside no matter what" is a superior alternative, you're objectively wrong.

Would much rather co-parent a child separately than subject them to a broken home for...reasons?

Lol who said that? Sounds like a strawman.

If you think "marry the person you cum inside no matter what" is a superior alternative, you're objectively wrong.

Would much rather co-parent a child separately than subject them to a broken home for...reasons?
If the woman was good enough to skeet inside, then she's good enough to marry and raise the child with. This "co-parenting" narrative is a new age concept that ultimately doesn't work. Subjecting a child to a broken home is not having the nuclear family intact.

If the woman was good enough to skeet inside, then she's good enough to marry and raise the child with. This "co-parenting" narrative is a new age concept that ultimately doesn't work.
Accidental pregnancies occur often. Are you telling me you'd be willing to marry every woman you've ever had sex with?

And, again, you're wrong about co-parenting. I can think of plenty of real life examples where a child was "co-parented" without issue. My girlfriend is a perfect example. Parents divorced, but they were amicable, cooperative, and always put her first.

Accidental pregnancies occur often. Are you telling me you'd be willing to marry every woman you've ever had sex with?

And, again, you're wrong about co-parenting. I can think of plenty of real life examples where a child was "co-parented" without issue. My girlfriend is a perfect example. Parents divorced, but they were amicable, cooperative, and always put her first.
You have to know that every time you have sex with a woman there's a chance that you could get her pregnant. So this accidental pregnancy notion is a fallacy. Furthermore, statistics prove that children have a much better chance at life with a 2 parent household intact. Yes, there are exceptions but it doesn't disprove the facts.

The thing about the advice you're responding to is that this is the norm in poorer, more conservative countries. Low rates of divorce hasn't made them any richer. Instead, men and women are forced to live with partners they don't care for, and that usually devolve in cheating and/or spousal abuse. Where I'm from, divorce is taboo, single parenting is considered shameful, but I can think of many uncles and aunts of mine who would have been better off separated.

Broken homes means a lot more than divorced homes. There are some things about parents that children don't need to witness, and miserable marriages bring those things out all the time.

The thing about the advice you're responding to is that this is the norm in poorer, more conservative countries. Low rates of divorce hasn't made them any richer. Instead, men and women are forced to live with partners they don't care for, and that usually devolve in cheating and/or spousal abuse. Where I'm from, divorce is taboo, single parenting is considered shameful, but I can think of many uncles and aunts of mine who would have been better off separated.

Broken homes means a lot more than divorced homes. There are some things about parents that children don't need to witness, and miserable marriages bring those things out all the time.
Exactly.

As someone who spent the first half of his childhood in an intact, yet completely broken home I can confidently say my life improved for the better when my parents split.

The advice of "if you carry get married" falls in line with the "stay together for the kids" nonsense. You're just ****ing them up more by doing so.

Back
Top Bottom