Neck tattoos and face tattoos... What's good with this?!

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by Big ATZ

I blame Wayne for this mess. I live in Milwaukee and there are lots of people with face tats.

Fam what part of Milwaukee u be in.... I'm from the mil and I know a couple ppl but it aint poppin like ATL or them other major cities like that....
Dudes is wilding with these face joints tho.... I always told myself if I had a milli by 25 I would have a neck tattoo... I'm 23 Monday looks like I gotta either grind hard or give it up

I work at advance auto parts on Teutonia & Hampton so that is where I be seeing a lot of these cats...Have you seen the cat out here with beast in big bold letters across his forehead? This is off topic but I'm Shrell's boyfriend.

Bboy1827, u REALLY want this neck tattoo lol. Why don't u just wait and get it after you've made it as a top lawyer in a top firm and then see how it works out. Appearance is of so much value in america....from wardrobe, facial hair (look at the yankees), and sad to say but even height to some extent

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I heart people lol. no one ever wants to equate civil rights to anything but black people, and I meant governor, Marion Berry to be specific. But if, from my post thats all you took so be it. And I will, and will show you the rejection letter, because I'm pretty sure none of them are going to hire me, like said I hope I'm wrong and they do, but I'm pretty positive they won't. But like I said before "I ain't bout that life" I'd much rather practice law for the people, as I've said many times before.

If you're about the "people," get yourself hired somewhere....no use in having a law degree and not being able to get a job because of where you have your ink.  Don't hurt your chances my man....

*FWIW 2.0, Marion Barry was the Mayor of DC...not governor. 
Sorry I'm only half paying attention, I meant Governer lol. I don't need to have a job to practice law. There is no court, in America anyway, that is going to ask for my Pay stub as I enter the courtroom, not to my knowledge. This is the whole point of my OG post, people shouldn't be beholden to their career, they should be beholden to themselves. If people(me) want a tattoo on their neck, they should get one and that shouldn't be a factor in whether or not they get hired. And I understand the politics of the "law" but I also understand that a solid case will also trump all.
But that's not how things work...and I'd like to think that you're smart enough to realize that...ESPECIALLY in the field that you would like to work.  Also, out of curiosity...how many lawyers do you know of with neck tattoos?  I know you'd like to be the pioneer for this cause, but be realistic. 

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I blame Wayne for this mess. I live in Milwaukee and there are lots of people with face tats.

Fam what part of Milwaukee u be in.... I'm from the mil and I know a couple ppl but it aint poppin like ATL or them other major cities like that....
Dudes is wilding with these face joints tho.... I always told myself if I had a milli by 25 I would have a neck tattoo... I'm 23 Monday looks like I gotta either grind hard or give it up

I work at advance auto parts on Teutonia & Hampton so that is where I be seeing a lot of these cats...Have you seen the cat out here with beast in big bold letters across his forehead? This is off topic but I'm Shrell's boyfriend.
Word what up fam... Man I saw Shrell in that avy one day and was tripping out like WTH she know bout NT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.... Nice to finally figure out who u are she said u were on the boards but I never really knew who it was. U gotta check out the Milwaukee thread in the midwest section every now and then.... N nah I aint seen oh boy but dudes is wilding out at home with that mess. I been seeing young boys with Face and Neck tats for the last 3 summers, *+! never fails
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Tats are for mostly insecure people who need attention to boast their low self esteem. When you think about it, tattoos are pretty pointless.
wha?
laugh.gif

i think youre pretty insecure..
this is coming from someone w/ no tats, btw.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

A lot of people are just foolish. Celebrities, rap artists, and athletes can pull them off just because that's who they are. But if you're anything short of those professions,
you're shooting yourself in the foot as far as job opportunities are concerned. Why don't people realize this? 

Apathy x Clueless

has anyone heard of someone getting a tattoo on the bottom of their foot?  It is the only place I will consider getting a tattoo.  I just don't know how long it will last or if I will be able to walk on it for a few days.

I want to get the outline of FL and a small dot in each city I've lived in for my whole 

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

has anyone heard of someone getting a tattoo on the bottom of their foot?  It is the only place I will consider getting a tattoo.  I just don't know how long it will last or if I will be able to walk on it for a few days.

I want to get the outline of FL and a small dot in each city I've lived in for my whole 

why on the bottom of your foot tho?

Well, last thing i want if i ever get in trouble with the law, is to have a lawyer who got a neck tattoo to represent me. That'd just make me look even worse in court, before the trial even starts
laugh.gif
 no thanks.

Good luck with that. Betting your future against precedented social rules is...well....unwise.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

why on the bottom of your foot tho?
if I did it on my left foot the state outline would trace from below my toes then around the arch to shape the panhandle, then draw down to the heel for the peninsula

I'll take a quasi-legal standpoint on this one, if you can prove that dirty shoes, shirt and hair are objects of self-expression, than I'm all for it.

The questions is of free-expression vs conformity, so if your walking around looking dirty, with your wife beater and shorts unless you can prove that is somehow a form of free-expression than go take a damn bath and put your ******* away and come back to the interview.

I'm 22, I'm not perfect, I still find my self making prejudgments, but prejudice shouldn't be institutionalized.

I wouldn't be mad at a firm if they didn't hire me because of my neck tat, thats that firms decision, but I am angry that everyone accepts that as the norm, which in turn makes it ok and institutionalizes it. I've said numerous times, I don't think I'd get a job at a firm and I don't really want one. I just want people to stop accepting the compromising of liberties for their job. Appearance over people is never something I'm down with.

The only problem with your example is that it can be easily changed, but a Neck Tattoo is reasonably permanent.
I think you've got your head in the clouds reading some of these last posts.  You're not going to change the world with a neck tattoo and unless you accept that, you'll REALLY limit your opportunities whether you like it or not.  There are a lot of lawyers and to me it seems like a lot of people in or planning on law school.  You seem confident in your ability to finish at the top of your class, etc as a 22 year old who hasn't even started (right?) law school but you better believe that appearance DOES factor into an ability to command respect in court unless you've already established yourself.

Otherwise, good luck with your revolution of getting people out of traffic tickets.

Not to Post dig, but if anyone reads my posts I clearly recognize that I probably won't get a job with a neck tattoo, and I'm not some huge neck tattoo enthusiast, in fact until about two years ago I hadn't wanted any tattoos. I'm a civil rights enthusiast, and neck tattoos seem to have falling into that category.

50 Cent Not Down W/Face Tats "It Says There's No Possibility To Work In A Legitimate Establishment"

Rappers with face tattoos is one of those things most people don't understand. But that's not stopping emcees like Yung Berg, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane and Yung L.A. from using their face as a paint canvas.

Count G-Unit CEO, 50 Cent among those who scratch their heads as he watches the trend grow.

In a recent interview with Vibe, Fif let his feelings be known.

That’s the craziest thing. Not necessarily Gucci, but to tattoo your face says that there’s not a possibility that you can actually walk into a legitimate establishment without makeup covering your face every day. That does not work. It creates a separation. It says, “I’m an artist.

Not to Post dig, but if anyone reads my posts I clearly recognize that I probably won't get a job with a neck tattoo, and I'm not some huge neck tattoo enthusiast, in fact until about two years ago I hadn't wanted any tattoos. I'm a civil rights enthusiast, and neck tattoos seem to have falling into that category.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No they haven't....................Please do no correlate ignorance with Civil Rights, Sojourner Truth just spun in her grave with that one........

My homegirl has one... she's a #*!+*, and I mean a straight up #*!+* to people, she pretty much hates males! (snatch eater, but a dime)

But yeah, she got a heart tattooed at the bottom of her foot. She says she's always squashing people's heart, she has no sympathy for it.
laugh.gif
 That's her for ya!

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

heirjordan15 wrote:

My homegirl has one... she's a #*!+*, and I mean a straight up #*!+* to people, she pretty much hates males! (snatch eater, but a dime)

But yeah, she got a heart tattooed at the bottom of her foot. She says she's always squashing people's heart, she has no sympathy for it.
laugh.gif
 That's her for ya!
laugh.gif

If you do actually become a practising lawyer and I walk in looking to have someone represent me in a case and I see you with your neck tattoo I am walking straight out.  Regardless of whether you are a competent lawyer or not, because in a case, unless the jury is full of hipsters, artists and rappers they will see you as a joke and will not likely take you seriously.
That's the way things are and I don't see it changing, regardless of your personal crusade you will not change the perception people have.  If the neck were the only possible place one could actually tattoo themselves, then I could understand what you are trying to achieve.  But its not, you made your choice and in doing so closed some doors in terms of your future job opportunities.  In saying that, at least you recognise this.

Good luck in your life anyway.  

Blah blah blah, try getting a serious career (keyword) not job with face and neck tats. Let me know how that works for you. Yes, I know my rights and all that stuff that sounds good but bottom line i'm not getting hired even if I can run the place. Do not fall into the mainstream hype, they're not accepted in the workplace unless they can be covered up. Your supervisor may think it's cool or even compliment you but who do you think is gonna represent the company at that important meeting? Not you. I think you see where i'm going with this.

PS: If you're gonna get them at least get quality work done PLEASE!! I'm tired of see dumb *@% tats with horrible quality at least let it be good work at the least.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Your supervisor may think it's cool or even compliment you but who do you think is gonna represent the company at that important meeting? Not you. I think you see where i'm going with this.
Yup...out here in Cali dress-code/appearance rules are pretty relaxed. My dad works for a major engineering company and there are dudes who come in to work with ponytails, earrings, tats, etc...but they've also been working at the same position for YEARS 
laugh.gif
 No one wants a manager/higher-up that looks like a low-life or a slob

Originally Posted by ninjahood

you live in atlanta though....so what you see happenin in your town isn't da norm..

you can blame gucci for having all those kiddies in da ATL wanting face tats OD...even though wayne had em first his joints were

subtle in comparison...

You are crazy. I see black kids EVERYWHERE doing this. DC, Baltimore, Philly. This isn't just in Atlanta.

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Flyest In The Hood wrote:

i have my name tattooed on my neck.. i easily cover it with a collared shirt when i have to..

flamesuit on!
Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?
get money

laugh.gif

I think the craziest thing about tattoo's is why people won't get them. The need for a" good job" seems to far surpass the rights of free expression.

Whether someone gets a tattoo because they saw it on a wall, or because it has some deep intellectual meaning, they should get it regardless of what it is.

A) Not all jobs are "corporate" jobs B) Those shouldn't be the only jobs aimed for C) if I'm more qualified than the next person I should get the job, regardless if I have a star on my face or not.

Tattoo's seem to be viewed as an "ok" form discrimination, it's ok to not give someone a job because of whats on his skin, regardless of how good they are at that job.

The blatant disregard for basic rights(freedom of speech/mind/expresson, in this case) by corporations coupled with the acceptance of that by the general population is the reason America is the way it is.

Ask yourself, what does a tattoo on my neck say about my intelligence? Or work ability? or a multitude of other things

Having a good job is important to most people. Why do something to yourself that is going to make you less marketable to employers? Your job is a huge part of your life.

Back
Top Bottom