Need some help nt. DWI last night.

All you had to do was not answer. Are they gonna kick a door on you cause your neighbor said you hopped a curb? Come on man.

So, you're going to be paying a lot of money here. In this instance, it doesn't seem like you really need a lawyer. You're going to lose your license for a few months, you're going to have to attend DUI education classes, and you may even have to attend some AA meetings. You can get a restricted license that allows you to drive to and from work. Basically it's going to really suck. I hope you've learned your lesson from this because nearly 60% of first offenders become second offenders. You're fortunate that you didn't hurt yourself or anyone else.

So, you're going to be paying a lot of money here. In this instance, it doesn't seem like you really need a lawyer. You're going to lose your license for a few months, you're going to have to attend DUI education classes, and you may even have to attend some AA meetings. You can get a restricted license that allows you to drive to and from work. Basically it's going to really suck. I hope you've learned your lesson from this because nearly 60% of first offenders become second offenders. You're fortunate that you didn't hurt yourself or anyone else.

you really opened the door though?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OP, you need to get yourself a good lawyer. What all did you admit to the police? Did you tell them you were driving drunk? Do they know it was you driving the car? I had a friend in college in the same situation, he was at his door had the key in and 2 cops pulled up and gave him the test, idiot should have walked inside and locked the door, that ended up being a $3k mistake. How long were you home before the cops showed up? If it was a solid 10-15 min just say you broke up with your girl and pounded a pint when you got home or something. Whatever you do though, get a good lawyer and come up with a good alibi, because they never caught you actually driving.

OP, you need to get yourself a good lawyer. What all did you admit to the police? Did you tell them you were driving drunk? Do they know it was you driving the car? I had a friend in college in the same situation, he was at his door had the key in and 2 cops pulled up and gave him the test, idiot should have walked inside and locked the door, that ended up being a $3k mistake. How long were you home before the cops showed up? If it was a solid 10-15 min just say you broke up with your girl and pounded a pint when you got home or something. Whatever you do though, get a good lawyer and come up with a good alibi, because they never caught you actually driving.

Originally Posted by do work son

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
why you acting like you wouldnt? pretty much everyone would have opened the door but OP clearly didnt use his head in the situation.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
why you acting like you wouldnt? pretty much everyone would have opened the door but OP clearly didnt use his head in the situation.

Originally Posted by JD214

Just pay and you'll be good with the law, That's how it works.

I have an uncle with like 3 DWI's, dude keeps drinking and driving, The cops just want cash.
Yea right. Doubt that. Which state he in?

I have an uncle with like 3 DWI's, dude keeps drinking and driving, The cops just want cash.

NY is light on DUI's. Your good homie dont sweat it.. If convicted most you get is 90 day license suspension and a fine..

I would try to beat it if they did come to your hour house and you didnt admit to drinking and driving. You can easily say I started drinking more liquor when i got home..also you can say it was a friend who was driving but left..

Basically if you use those defense it may get knocked down to a wrekless driving..

But regardless your good

and dont spend no money on a lawyer. Its not even needed unless you got 6k to blow but more then likely the same deal lawyer will get it same deal you can get yourself 1st time

NY is light on DUI"s .. only 90 day suspension 1st time and 2nd and 3rd dui still no jail time and only 6 month suspension. Geez where Im at after 2nd time your looking at 2 year suspension and 45 day jail time required

NY is light on DUI's. Your good homie dont sweat it.. If convicted most you get is 90 day license suspension and a fine..

I would try to beat it if they did come to your hour house and you didnt admit to drinking and driving. You can easily say I started drinking more liquor when i got home..also you can say it was a friend who was driving but left..

Basically if you use those defense it may get knocked down to a wrekless driving..

But regardless your good

and dont spend no money on a lawyer. Its not even needed unless you got 6k to blow but more then likely the same deal lawyer will get it same deal you can get yourself 1st time

NY is light on DUI"s .. only 90 day suspension 1st time and 2nd and 3rd dui still no jail time and only 6 month suspension. Geez where Im at after 2nd time your looking at 2 year suspension and 45 day jail time required

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I watched the cops knock on my door for 20 minutes before they left one time (Not DWI tho, it was a house party)  I can tell you for a fact that if Im not opening to door for any cops that come to my door.  Unless he had zero idea why they were there is the only reason I can comprehend him opening that door

Edit: Thats uncalled for bro ^.  You think everyone should serve time for the mistakes they make?  He didnt kill or injure anyone so relax

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I watched the cops knock on my door for 20 minutes before they left one time (Not DWI tho, it was a house party)  I can tell you for a fact that if Im not opening to door for any cops that come to my door.  Unless he had zero idea why they were there is the only reason I can comprehend him opening that door

Edit: Thats uncalled for bro ^.  You think everyone should serve time for the mistakes they make?  He didnt kill or injure anyone so relax

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

I corrected myself it was two, the third time he payed the cop $200 or $300 to let him go, It's in Texas, He only went to court the first time, the second time my mom just bailed him out ($2,500) didn't get paperwork to go to court, community service or anything.

But yes the first time he had to do community service, payed a lawyer, payed the court, went though hell with it.

No jail time served BTW.

He got married about 2 months ago, hasn't drank a beer since.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

I corrected myself it was two, the third time he payed the cop $200 or $300 to let him go, It's in Texas, He only went to court the first time, the second time my mom just bailed him out ($2,500) didn't get paperwork to go to court, community service or anything.

But yes the first time he had to do community service, payed a lawyer, payed the court, went though hell with it.

No jail time served BTW.

He got married about 2 months ago, hasn't drank a beer since.

wait, so you went inside your house and then the cops came and knocked on your door to give you a field sobriety test? if that was the case, then I'm pretty sure you coulda just told them no, because at that point you were already out of your car and inside your house. I don't think cops could charge you with traffic violations and stuff if they didn't see you in the act. but you agreed to come outside and let them test you, so thats why they were able to arrest you. if you just said no to taking the sobriety test, I doubt they woulda been able to do anything.

wait, so you went inside your house and then the cops came and knocked on your door to give you a field sobriety test? if that was the case, then I'm pretty sure you coulda just told them no, because at that point you were already out of your car and inside your house. I don't think cops could charge you with traffic violations and stuff if they didn't see you in the act. but you agreed to come outside and let them test you, so thats why they were able to arrest you. if you just said no to taking the sobriety test, I doubt they woulda been able to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom