NES game cover art appreciation thread

Imagine nearing the end of a game you've never beat, awesome flawless play through during the first half, nailed the obligatory "one touch and die car or motorcycle stage" and then the game go "code" and not playable anymore :smh:

Part of the frustration

My main gripe with the NES was having to blow on the catridges to get them to work. I can't tell you how many times i damn near went unconscious trying to get a game to actually boot us and play

Did anyone ever try to put the cartridge in where it use to barely clip the edge as you pushed it down into the Nintendo? That was always money for me as well.

I used to do that, and my cousin put me on to pushing the game all they way down and putting another game on top. She(yes, she) also put me on the Mega Man 2(IRC) trick where you hold down left on the 2p controller and jump down a gap to get invincibility. :pimp:

Cant forget this one either
eek.gif
@ Kirby. Loved that game

infuriating

Speaking of Arcades anyone ever beat Terminator 2 in the arcade?  There was this part where you in a pick up truck and you gotta fight  the spaceship. Dude we probably spent 100 bucks on different occasions tryna beat that one part. On top of that you had to make it  to that part.

fester's quest graphics were cutting edge for the time

maniac mansion was one of those nes top classics that i never played - a rare occurence - think it was always sold out or rented+no one i knew had it
joint had nintendo power on lock doe

Last edited:
Speaking of Arcades anyone ever beat Terminator 2 in the arcade?  There was this part where you in a pick up truck and you gotta fight  the spaceship. Dude we probably spent 100 bucks on different occasions tryna beat that one part. On top of that you had to make it  to that part.

View media item 951185

View media item 951184

Repped for bringing back child hood memories. Could never beat this game when I was in grade school

That Friday the 13th game was wild annoying..

Remember going in that cabin and his mom being in the fireplace :stoneface: :lol:

I thought the Friday the 13th game was widely regarded as one of the worst video games of all time?

This was the ultimate party game on the Genesis. You could play 4 player on 2 controllers so it'd be two people on one controller. Frantic but super fun.

Back
Top Bottom