NES game cover art appreciation thread

^
but if i correctly - you start out on Tyson with an 0-2 record so you actually beat the game with losing record (with that code)

after Tyson? Da Other World Circuit cuzo!

Nah man ...Blades of Steel > Ice Hockey

You could play a video game w/in the video game on the jumbo-tron at intermission. Pioneer.
smokin.gif
yup ... they were advertising their other games in blades of steel ... always made you want to get more ... genius ...

Only a few games I've never beat as a kid and still refuse to try lol

Battle toads
Tmnt 1
Ghouls and ghost
Zelda 1
Super Mario 2

**** those games!!

how? One session? Did u leave the game on to try later? Oh btw fu lol

Lol, something about the game that just pisses me off. The level where you have to dig in the sand over and over with that ***** *** mask coming at you the whole time.

Who else threw there gun threw the tv when that stupid dog use to laugh at you on duck hunt when u missed? Ma dukes didnt like that ish lol

I had a horrible temper as a kid. I'd take the controller wire and beat that controller into the carpet like a chain mase lol. Those controllers were built to last

I had a horrible temper as a kid. I'd take the controller wire and beat that controller into the carpet like a chain mase lol. Those controllers were built to last

lol you and me both. I still do smh these new gen controllers are fragile as hell.

^
but if i correctly - you start out on Tyson with an 0-2 record so you actually beat the game with losing record (with that code)

after Tyson? Da Other World Circuit cuzo!

I remember there was a code I wrote it on the back of the game had 99w~0 loses
When you got to super macho man that was on the newspaper. All the homies tripped out on that record.

Got two races away every time from the end!

This is another thing these younger guys need to learn.

Back then there were no save point, no memory cards, no way to continue past the given amount. You play for the 45mins-hour and if you lose, that's it, it's over, try again FROM THE BEGINNING. Talk about stressful situations........ Imagine playing against the most broken computer AI you can imagine. Nowadays people would ask for a patch for ninja gaiden :smh:

And **** rc pro am. What am I supposed to do when the AI car is just blazing by me on a straight away ??? What?!?!? What!!!?!?

This is another thing these younger guys need to learn.

Back then there were no save point, no memory cards, no way to continue past the given amount. You play for the 45mins-hour and if you lose, that's it, it's over, try again FROM THE BEGINNING. Talk about stressful situations........ Imagine playing against the most broken computer AI you can imagine. Nowadays people would ask for a patch for ninja gaiden :smh:

And **** rc pro am. What am I supposed to do when the AI car is just blazing by me on a straight away ??? What?!?!? What!!!?!?

or mario 3 that stage on the battle ship with all the bullets flying at you plus the jumps smh

i think i could legit beat super mario 2 with no warps & only using one character through

playin that game rockin white-cement 3's back then!

I bet Double Dragon 2. Practically on accident. That moment the screen went black and white. I almost had a baby.
I used to beat TMNT 2 at my leisure
Skate or Die 2
One time Final Fantasy glitched and just showed me the ending.

I would always get to the last boss, die, get pissed a retire the game for a few months.

Y'all remember sharing lives in 2p mode? Some ******* would alway come and use up that last life to get in the game.

I beat the OG Final Fantasy game too. I bought my daughter the remake on her PSP. She's more into Kingdom Hearts though.

Mario 2 was cool, but the ending was >D After I beat it, it made me never want to play it again. Mario Wii was pretty ill speaking of Mario games and I destroyed that one too. I sometimes forget how much of a gamer I used to be because I don't really rock with the new games too much. I'm stuck in an era where Street Fighter II, Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid were the epitome of video games.

My favorite game after that era was Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Such a well done game and I beat it over and over trying to unlock different things. That and Prince of Persia on the Xbox were :nthat:

Off the subject for a minute, if y'all didn't know about this game years later, then y'all missed out. One of the funnest games ever created.

pocket-fighter-img742494.jpg

pocket-ps1box.jpg

pocket-selec.gif

gief-gem-specialcombo.gif

Last edited:
Here's one thing I always wondered, Nintendo was HUGE in the 80's.....why didn't the following franchises get a game?

1. He-man (Masters of the Universe)
2. Thundercats
3. M.A.S.K
4. Transformers (not that POS famicom version)
5. Hotwheels ( Mattel released a Barbie game)

All of these franchises had extremely successful toy lines that were their bread and butter. I'm not sure, but they may have had restrictive licencing agreements with the manufacturers of their toys. Its also likely that they viewed home video gaming as a fad and at the time there was more money in plastic figurines.

I cant speak for the other franchises, but I know for a fact that MOTU was way too comfortable with their position in the 80's and were very slow to adapt to a changing market. They had offers for a MOTU movie years prior to putting one in production and by the time they did, it was already too late and people had lost interest.

Main thing I hated about Nintendo is if someone bumped it the game would freeze, or even at random times the game would freeze for no reason and you heard a buzzing sound on the T.V. At times the screen would get all checkerboard like and you could still play but you couldn't see anything. Game genie solved all that, even if I wasn't using the Genie for code purposes, I would put it on the game just to avoid all that.

Main thing I hated about Nintendo is if someone bumped it the game would freeze, or even at random times the game would freeze for no reason and you heard a buzzing sound on the T.V. At times the screen would get all checkerboard like and you could still play but you couldn't see anything. Game genie solved all that, even if I wasn't using the Genie for code purposes, I would put it on the game just to avoid all that.

Imagine nearing the end of a game you've never beat, awesome flawless play through during the first half, nailed the obligatory "one touch and die car or motorcycle stage" and then the game go "code" and not playable anymore :smh:

Part of the frustration

Back
Top Bottom